Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I'm not appeasing anyone, I am not a lawmaker. But that is what is going on. Whether it pisses you off, or not, that's how politics work and the 2nd amendment is just one of a number of rights that gets trampled.
Ok, you are starting to lose me a bit. In some posts, you sound like you are defending UBCs, and in others you sound like you are opposed to them? Which is it?

And your right, they are trying to trample our rights. That is why we MUST resist, and fight back as hard as we can, and as long as we can. We (freedom loving Americans) out number them (Big governemnt, freedom haters and Liberals) several hundreds of times over. If we would all just stop and say no more, that would be the END of anti gun legislation.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1765 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Ok, you are starting to lose me a bit. In some posts, you sound like you are defending UBCs, and in others you sound like you are opposed to them? Which is it?
Simple. It should be uniform, private or public sale. it makes no sense to only cover public commercial transactions if the rest are left alone. I don't think background checks are a bad thing if done properly. They have and will continue to keep some firearms out of criminal hands.

this by the way has nothing to do with 'appeasing Democrats". I don't appease anyone. It's just the way I think about this issue.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #93

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Simple. It should be uniform, private or public sale. it makes no sense to only cover public commercial transactions if the rest are left alone. I don't think background checks are a bad thing if done properly. They have and will continue to keep some firearms out of criminal hands.

this by the way has nothing to do with 'appeasing Democrats". I don't appease anyone. It's just the way I think about this issue.
...and if a FROG had wings, he would not bump his azz when he HOPPED!

Tack
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1765 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...and if a FROG had wings, he would not bump his azz when he HOPPED!

Tack
dude you have way too much time on your hands lol
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #95

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Politics is the art of compromise. If I want you to vote for a new bridge in my district, I'm going to have to vote for the new post office in your district.

As long as we get something in return, like easing travel restrictions with guns, I can live with Bcs.

I must be missing something important here, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how the hell a background check takes away my liberty or my 2A rights.
"In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit."
Ayn Rand

As for your being damned, in the words of your Left...
...you and I have finally found "common ground" here.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Come on now Loc... you were a Cop for far too long to not recognize the danger is passing more meaningless legislation...
Tack
Ahhh..., I didn't know that little tidbit Tack, thanks, but it sure helps explain!
cartman-authority.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Well, Tack, you are absolutely right sir and thats another major issue that Im sure gets our FULL support here....which is much steeper punishment for straw purchases.

Right now, in my surrounding area (Philly) I believe the crime for committing a straw purchase is 2-3 years. In a crumbling city where unemployment is at a record high and cops are getting laid off each week.....the risk versus reward isnt very threatening if they get busted. 3 square meals a day and a comfy steel bed at night. They dont recognize the crime as being a real threat. They will be out and reunite with friends and family in 2 years time.

Congress needs to ramp up punishments for straw purchases BIG TIME and create a successful ad campaign all over the cities. Bus signs, fliers, billboards, whatever it takes to get the messsage out. You will do serious time and face major fines for getting busted.
Geez, we'd better not give guns as gifts. And, as in Colorado, we'll have to do a background check on a friend before we let him shoot our gun and my wife'll have to do one on me if I come home from a four day business trip and there are guns in the house.

SS is the example of a scared man willing to give up freedom for security to a state that only wants him to have neither.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
such a fun term, ILLEGAL immigrant... just incase we were unsure if rules were being broken.. yet everyone uses it like the term nurse, or cop as a job description... and then we have the audacity to try and deport them without a fair chance to excell in the USA. hmmm... makes one think.
They are not Illegal Immigrants -- they are Illegal ALIENS!

Except to a brainwashed member of the Party of the Left as we seem to have here parroting their Comrades. In which case then they are Illegal Immigrants. Um, I mean, Undocumented Workers. Ummm, I meannn, Undocumented Voters.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #99

Quote:
I don't think that just because some laws are ineffective that we shouldn't have legislation at all.

Like most on here I wish this BS wasn't happening at all. But it is, and you can dang well bet we haven't seen the last of this either
And NONE of the pretense from the lying Left, parroted by their useful-idiots, is going to change a damned thing about "gun violence" for all intent and (their) puropse of disuading and ultimately disarming law-abiding citizens from private ownership of arms.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #100
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19936 Times on 11331 Posts
Likes Given: 50257

the only addition to a background check i would be comfortable with is allowing a person doing a private sale the same access to a database that FFL's have, if that person is unknown, but it should be optional not mandatory.

People Like This