Senate Committe Appointed to Investigate S&P Downgrade - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate Committe Appointed to Investigate S&P Downgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3285 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1650

Talking

Books,

You have that correct 100%. Why continue to give aid to countries that behind the doors hate us and think how gullible we are for continuing to hand out billions of dollars to them. When will they wake up! You can not buy friendship and I believe that is what the idiots think! Billions and Billions so I fully agree lets stop now! They will be fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq until the end of time since they have been since the beginning of time. Let us remember the Crusades. Why waste our effort. Of course if anyone messes with the USA after that we just need to do the whole country from the air with no troops on the ground! The only thing left would be ZERO!The only thing they understand is brute force not diplomacy. We are just fooling ourselves. But who ever said we had intelligent government officials now days! We certainly do not, it is very obvious! And none with a set of B--ls for years. I want Oliver North for President and Gen Schwarzkopf for VP!!!
Things would change quickly I'll bet!

Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Chicago Politics at its best! If some one calls you out then threaten them! Or conspire to take them down!

Once again attack the messenger scenario!
Basically the truth. As my letter to our local News 3 morning show notes (they read it on air):

Quote:
The president is upset at the wrong people. Those he should be upset with is ALL of Congress, both his party and the Republicans. It is their lack of fiscal responsibility that has caused the credit rating of the United States to be downgraded. It is their lack of cooperation that resulted in the financial fiasco that ensued over the last months. The "blame game" being played in Washington is getting obnoxious and has to stop. This will fall on the heads of the voters in the next and succeeding elections to get rid of the wastrels and start electing fiscally responsible individuals. It is also up to the voters to start demanding that term limits be imposed on all elected officials, Congress included. There are too many Senators who are power mad because they feel they're invulnerable and have also lost touch with those they're supposed to be representing. They no longer vote to reflect their constituents' wishes but toe the party line. This is the other reason for the fiscal fiasco in Washington...partisanship. It's time to end the "your side, my side" attitude and for those in Washington to start working together to curb spending and retrieve the AAA credit rating the United States has had for decades.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Basically the truth. As my letter to our local News 3 morning show notes (they read it on air):
Problem is you still are giving the president someone else to blame. While I agree that partisan politics is not serving the country well, the president shares the responsibility for this financial crisis as much as or more so than congress. Congress can become gridlocked and become ineffective, but the president is the one who has set policy direction, which is failing miserably to resolve any of the issues and just adds to the overspending which precipitated the downgrade by S&P. The president has made a career out of blaming others and never taking responsibility for his actions and their results. So telling him he is mad at the wrong people only perpetuates the myth that he is blameless.

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is Godís job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine