Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Senate Bills 374 and 649

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 712 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 859

Default Senate Bills 374 and 649

Please call your Senators and let them know you do not support, Senate Bills 374 and 649!

Quote:
URGENT ALERT – YOUR ACTION NEEDED

ILLINOIS SENATORS WANT TO SELL YOU DOWN THE RIVER

This may be a crucial week for the 2nd Amendment in Washington as the US Senate will be debating a bill that will pre-register you and your guns for eventual buy-back or outright confiscation by the government.

Disguised as “universal background checks,” Senate Bills 374 and 649 will provide the Department of Homeland Security with the exact coordinates of every gun you own. After that, it will just be a matter of time before thousands of federal agents fan out into the streets in armored vehicles stuffed with a billion rounds of hollow point .40s to go and get your guns.

If you care about your rights and if you care about America, you will stand up and fight against S. 374 and S. 649.

Here is what you can do to help preserve your rights:

Contact Senator Dick Durbin at (202) 224-2152 and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law abiding Illinois firearm owner and that you do not support S. 374, S. 649 or any other scheme to diminish your right to keep and bear arms.

Contact Senator Mark Kirk at (202) 224-2854 and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law abiding Illinois firearm owner and that you do not support S. 374, S. 649 or any other scheme to diminish your right to keep and bear arms.

MAKE YOUR CALLS BEGINNING MONDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE TO CALL UNTIL S. 374 AND S. 649 ARE CALLED FOR A VOTE!

Please pass this alert on to all your gun-owning friends and neighbors.

Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.
REMEMBER: IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP NOW TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS – NOBODY ELSE WILL.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #2

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That is a very good post. It is time to contact any wavering politician. I have to wonder how thousands of government agents are going to fan out and disarm American citizens? There is most likely more than 100 million gun owners maybe more.
Hell if only 10 % refused to cooperate they would out number the government forces. What am I missing here?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!

Liked 1434 Times on 873 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

What you're missing is the need for cooperative action among those 10 million 10percenters. They can take down individuals by overwhelming force.

However, if DHS was organized enough to take down 100 citizens per state per day, it would still take them 2000 working days to get the job done. Pretty sure we'd start hearing about it before that much time expired. DHS would get some guns... but then they'll probably start getting bullets instead. And chances are that the 10% active portion would start growing faster than they can take the rest down.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #4

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Both senator and congressman had been contacted by me earlier this week on the subject matter currently at risk. This puppet in the White House will not do a thing to save this country financially,
what with unemployment (at 22% and not the 8% they keep dishing out), homelessness, and a thousand other things need fixing in this country, Obama seeks vehemently to carry out the NWO agenda as decreed by his bosses to disengage American citizens of their 2nd amendment rights, and focusing entirely on a move against them. And for some of us who still doubt this administration's ultimate aim, keep drinking the KOOLAID, but do so at your own expense.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts

How exactly will a background check give any department of the government the "exact coordinates" of any of my firearms?
I have no doubt that these bills need to be shut down, but this post reeks of exaggeration.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by epleyjoseph
How exactly will a background check give any department of the government the "exact coordinates" of any of my firearms?
I have no doubt that these bills need to be shut down, but this post reeks of exaggeration.
Maybe but it is still new firearms legislation we do not want.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #7

Liked 4718 Times on 2693 Posts
Likes Given: 3735

Quote:
Originally Posted by epleyjoseph View Post
More of the deep dark conspiracy garbage. The illuminati, bilderburgers, Roswell aliens, Jews, Freemasons, etc are out to get you. I've learned to just ignore it, or even better, just laugh at it..

Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #8

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post

Maybe but it is still new firearms legislation we do not want.
I agree with that!!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #9

Liked 712 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 859

I remember back in '94 that a lot of people said the AWB would never pass...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #10

Liked 4718 Times on 2693 Posts
Likes Given: 3735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I remember back in '94 that a lot of people said the AWB would never pass...
That's a good point. but our people made sure it had an expiration date.

Best deal we could get at a bad time in history. Thankfully, our allies got a "poison pill" inserted and it was over in 2004.