Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sen. Sessions: 'One Vote Away From Banning Firearms'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Astronomically terrible idea...

OK, if anyone in the world thinks that guns are responsible for crime and human suffering, they're wrong. Guns are a tool that a PERSON uses to harm another PERSON. Along their line of logic, a pencil should be held responsible for my mistakes and money is the cause of the economic recession, not our misuse of it. You see? All of these objects are simply tools that facilitate an action and CAN have negative results. Even if you take away the tool, it won't stop a determined criminal. He'll just resort to another tool until their aren't any left. It's a slippery slope. How are you supposed to ban all POTENTIAL weapons? Cars, boats, knives, bows, baseball bats, crowbars, all the way down to rocks can be used to kill a person. So why even start if it won't make any difference at all? And if you did, good luck taking away hunters' and competitive target shooters' guns away. A lot of people rely on this sort of thing to make a living. Gunsmiths, target shooters, ammunition companies, hunters, and even inventors. Also, the quality of our armed forces would certainly deteriorate. How do you start to train to be a sniper if you have never even seen a firearm before in your life? accidental discharges, misuse, and recruit harm would certainly rise within the military. Right now, a gun ban is the LAST thing we need. If the feds ignore all this and ban firearms anyway, it will get ugly. That along with the renegade politicians and governmental stupidity in general and I guarantee you there will be a civil war or some assassinations.

Just my 2 cents, but sadly, due to inflation, they no longer matter.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #22
Resident JackHole

Liked 262 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickmonkey View Post
OK, if anyone in the world thinks that guns are responsible for crime and human suffering, they're wrong. Guns are a tool that a PERSON uses to harm another PERSON. Along their line of logic, a pencil should be held responsible for my mistakes and money is the cause of the economic recession, not our misuse of it. You see? All of these objects are simply tools that facilitate an action and CAN have negative results. Even if you take away the tool, it won't stop a determined criminal. He'll just resort to another tool until their aren't any left. It's a slippery slope. How are you supposed to ban all POTENTIAL weapons? Cars, boats, knives, bows, baseball bats, crowbars, all the way down to rocks can be used to kill a person. So why even start if it won't make any difference at all? And if you did, good luck taking away hunters' and competitive target shooters' guns away. A lot of people rely on this sort of thing to make a living. Gunsmiths, target shooters, ammunition companies, hunters, and even inventors. Also, the quality of our armed forces would certainly deteriorate. How do you start to train to be a sniper if you have never even seen a firearm before in your life? accidental discharges, misuse, and recruit harm would certainly rise within the military. Right now, a gun ban is the LAST thing we need. If the feds ignore all this and ban firearms anyway, it will get ugly. That along with the renegade politicians and governmental stupidity in general and I guarantee you there will be a civil war or some assassinations.

Just my 2 cents, but sadly, due to inflation, they no longer matter.
Essentially what you're saying is, If guns kill people, pencils misspell words and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat...

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Mr. Sessions', you did nothing for law abiding gun owners when you had the opportunity. Now you are crying that the sky is falling.
Although some of the Clintons' anti-gun legislation expired during Bush's terms I agree that the GOP as a whole did little or nothing positive to roll back the leftists' gun-grabbing schemes, much less to strengthen our 2nd Amendment rights. But Sessions himself has been one of the strongest and most outspoken 2nd Amendment supporters in the Senate, and if we had 59 more like him and Coburn we could stop whatever unconstitutional gun-grabbing schemes Obama and his gang of 1960's-era radical revolutionists are planning for what they believe will be his 2nd term when they won't have to be concerned about him being re-elected.

I am convinced that the 2012 election will most likely be our final chance to PEACEFULLY reclaim a Constitutionally governed America for our children and future generations. I believe that if the communist-Lite radical minority that deceived millions of Bush-weary voters in 2008 gets another 4 year term to govern with a Democrat majority Congress and a liberal-majority Supreme Court, the US will either be in a 2nd civil war before 2020 or will become a fully communized dictatorship on the order of Cuba and Venezuela where Obama's two best buddies Castro and Chavez rule with iron hands. At this point I don't believe that our military's rank and file would support Obama's communist-Lite radicals against patriotic Americans if they attempted to seize dictatorial power after losing the election. But if they did, we patriots armed with shotguns, handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and Molotov cocktails wouldn't stand much of a chance against the kind of highly sophisticated weaponry the US armed forces now has. True, the Taliban is more or less holding it's own against our relatively small expeditionary force, but America isn't a sparsely populated, mountainous desert wasteland like Afghanistan where a relatively small force of suicidal religious fanatics can hold out for decades as they did against the old USSR's massive army.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #24

Liked 1658 Times on 910 Posts
Likes Given: 2419

The problem with guys like our OK senator Coburn and Sessions is the fact that both said nothing and did nothing for gunowners while Bush was in the white house. It is all about party loyalty. It does not matter what the constituents want so long as the president of the same party is opposed.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #25

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
If guns kill people, pencils misspell words and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat...

I saw that on a GOA T-Shirt.. Having my wife make some up for the folks in my office

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 07-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #26
Resident JackHole

Liked 262 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
I saw that on a GOA T-Shirt.. Having my wife make some up for the folks in my office
I got it from a signature in another forum I'm on.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 07-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Ha, in your signature it says "guns have only 2 enemies; rust and politicians."

Mine's stainless steel!

But seriously, The second amendment is just another check towards governmental power, just like the checks and balances relating the three branches of the government. Take it away and what stops the people in power from making unjust laws that subvert the constitution even more? how are we to defend our rights if we don't have anything to defend with? Here are some good quotes that I found relating to this matter.

Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

guns in the hands of the people have even helped to repel foreign enemies.

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." Advising Japan's military leaders of the futility of an invasion of the mainland United States because of the widespread availability of guns. It has been theorized that this was a major contributing factor in Japan's decision not to land on North America early in the war when they had vastly superior military strength. This delay gave our industrial infrastructure time to gear up for the conflict and was decisive in our later victory.

Noah Webster: "Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority...the Constitution was made to guard against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."

I hope that congress will never take away this right. 1) to preserve our constitutional inalienable rights and 2) to prevent another civil war.

Last edited by Clickmonkey; 07-29-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo

Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Essentially what you're saying is, If guns kill people, pencils misspell words and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat...
yes, exactly. the tool itself cannot be blamed for the action that the person did. The Rosie O'Donnel thing was a good one though personally, I think it was the sporks, not the spoons.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #29

Default Gun rights

SURE WE CAN VOTE OUT THE DEMOCRAT'S BUT THERE IS NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT THE JUDGES THAT OBAMA HAS APPOINTED TO THE SUPREME COURT THERE ARE IN THERE FOR LIFE, & THERE'S WERE WE ARE SCREWD

Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #30

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Only time--and clogged arteries--heals that wound.

The presidency today is most important for its profound effects on the judiciary.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face