Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Sen. Sessions: 'One Vote Away From Banning Firearms' (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sen-sessions-one-vote-away-banning-firearms-29550/)

Bigcountry02 07-21-2010 07:41 PM

Sen. Sessions: 'One Vote Away From Banning Firearms'

Sen. Sessions interview with Conservative News, Views & Books - HUMAN EVENTS

1. They banned firearms
2. Next, they going to collect them (This is where it will get ugly)

Video posted on the 15 July 2010

CA357 07-21-2010 09:41 PM

It will get worse.

dunerunner 07-21-2010 10:54 PM

Good effin luck with the collection thing!

Rick1967 07-21-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 318426)

That's a job I wouldn't take no matter how much it was paying!

AcidFlashGordon 07-22-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 318435)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 318426)

That's a job I wouldn't take no matter how much it was paying!

I don't think any LEO or military types would relish being ordered to try to do that. There would be violence in the streets. Most of them know they'd be on the "business end" of the guns they're ordered to collect and many would just tell their leaders to go f**k themselves.

As for any senators voting to ban guns, many remember what happened in 1994. The Dems lost so many seats in Washington that it took them years to get them back.

Byrdguy 07-23-2010 01:37 AM

The Arrogant SOB liberal politicians have no CLUE what they would face if they tried something like that. People haven't been collecting firearms and ammo for the last several years (and longer) just to hand them over if some administration deems them illegal. The second ammendment (along with these collections) MUST be passed on to younger generations also.

ronl 07-23-2010 04:34 AM

I wonder how they would justify that in light of the Heller decision? I forgot, The Constitution means nothing to them.

skullcrusher 07-23-2010 05:17 AM

Sessions is getting the response is looking for from you folks. First, he knows that it is impossible to ban firearms in one vote. He also knows that collecting them would be absolutely impossible. He is just trying to get a rise out of those who are even more paranoid than I. Seriously people, think about it, or learn about the legislative process. Enough said.

spittinfire 07-23-2010 10:43 AM

Thank you skull. The dems are so scared they will loose their seats later this year they are saying and doing anything to save them. BO is even saying he wants to extend the Bush tax cuts to the wealthy.....Didn't he say that was what got us into this economy? Suddenly Regan was right? It's all lies to try to save themselves.

Angry_bald_guy 07-23-2010 04:16 PM

Well said spittinfire. I believe my signature says all I can say on the collection issue.