Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
So now the innocent little 10-22 will need to be registered?
If it's on their list then yes, it will need to be registered. So, big question is do we continue to remain "law abiding citizens", kiss their ring and register your guns or do we tell them to shove it and become "criminals" by defying this Unconstitutional law?
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #42
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2740 Times on 1332 Posts
Likes Given: 1392

Feinstein and Cuomo can go to H!
My weapons are not for sale nor will I surrender them without a fight. I think our government in Washington is out of control as it is. And the comments here are correct. Gun buy back programs will not work in America as it did in Australia. It was the beginning stage of their total ban! Sure a criminal who has committed a crime or stolen a weapon would possibly turn it in with no questions asked for $100. Therefore eliminating any evidence of the crime from robbery,theft to murder! Of course this is the intelligence of the present liberal politicians. SORRY WONT WORK! NICE TRY!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #43

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Banning "Thumbhole Stocks"? Really!? She'll put Revolution and Stocky's out of business. What a turd. A 10/22 with a thumbhole stock is no more or less dangerous than any other 10/22, but this idiot got voted into office by a bunch of libturds and now she gets to shoot her uneducated mouth off about crap she knows nothing about.

What a schmuck.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #44

Quote:
In a University of Pennsylvania study (pdf), Christopher Koper reports that the use of assault weapons in crime declined by more than two-thirds by about nine years after 1994 Assault Weapons Ban took effect.
Notice the Lib-friendly wording here: "...the use of assault weapons in crime declined by more than two-thirds...". It doesn't say that GUN crime went down. It doesn't say "the use of assault weapons [declined] but the overall crime rate involving guns increased by 2.7%. They make it look as if their asinine AWB made a difference. What a bunch of idiots.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #45

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
Notice the Lib-friendly wording here: "...the use of assault weapons in crime declined by more than two-thirds...". It doesn't say that GUN crime went down. It doesn't say "the use of assault weapons [declined] but the overall crime rate involving guns increased by 2.7%. They make it look as if their asinine AWB made a difference. What a bunch of idiots.
Keep in mind the selective quotes are from Feinstein and her team not the study itself. Here is the first paragraph of the study's summary.

Quote:
Although the ban has been successful in reducing crimes with AWs, any benefits
from this reduction are likely to have been outweighed by steady or rising use of nonbanned semiautomatics with LCMs, which are used in crime much more frequently than
AWs. Therefore, we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in
gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and
injuriousness of gun violence, based on indicators like the percentage of gun crimes
resulting in death or the share of gunfire incidents resulting in injury, as we might have
expected had the ban reduced crimes with both AWs and LCMs.
The study ends by suggesting that more data and information is required in order to accurately analyze the impact of the AWB on gun crime.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #46

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

If they outlaw guns, well, I guess I'll be an outlaw

Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Keep in mind the selective quotes are from Feinstein and her team not the study itself. Here is the first paragraph of the study's summary.

The study ends by suggesting that more data and information is required in order to accurately analyze the impact of the AWB on gun crime.
It's nice to see you do your research. I wish everyone did. It's unfair that they use little scary snippets to upset people.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #48
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew
Banning "Thumbhole Stocks"? Really!? She'll put Revolution and Stocky's out of business. What a turd. A 10/22 with a thumbhole stock is no more or less dangerous than any other 10/22, but this idiot got voted into office by a bunch of libturds and now she gets to shoot her uneducated mouth off about crap she knows nothing about.

What a schmuck.
What does a thumbhole do that makes it dangerous.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
What does a thumbhole do that makes it dangerous.
Makes it look scary, I guess... I can't figure it out. Unless she's talking about pistol grips or something. I don't think she knows what she's talking about at all. She's just throwing crap out there. A thumbhole stock would actually be a hinderance because they're so damn heavy.

She wouldn't know the difference between an assault rifle and a bowl of mashed potatoes. I despise that woman. I wish her and Piers Morgan would go start a colony on the southernmost tip of Neptune.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
She wouldn't know the difference between an assault rifle and a bowl of mashed potatoes. I despise that woman. I wish her and Piers Morgan would go start a colony on the southernmost tip of Neptune.
Nah they just need to go to work for the Russian Politboro, oh wait, they already do. My bad....