Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Selling handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Selling handgun

I have a Taurus 9mm auto I want to sell. What is the best way to make the transaction to protect myself? Use bill of sale and get drivers license info? Anything else? I live in Alabama

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19513 Times on 11078 Posts
Likes Given: 49143

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
I have a Taurus 9mm auto I want to sell. What is the best way to make the transaction to protect myself? Use bill of sale and get drivers license info? Anything else? I live in Alabama

Thanks
first of all check and make sure it's legal in your state to do a face to face transaction regarding a pistol. second, you can still use an FFL for the sale, or even find a LGS that does consignments and let them handle it for a small fee. if soemone balks at going through an FFL for the sale, there could be a reason there to give you a clue not to sell to them.

personally, i use an FFL for any firearms sales unless the person is either related to me or a very close friend that i know for a fact is legal to own a firearm. if unknown to me, then i will suggest going through my gun dealer and go from there. people who can't legally own a firearm will do private sales because, they can get around the background check that way, and i won't assist them in this if possible.
danf_fl Likes This