Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Self defense in OK (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/self-defense-ok-54767/)

fireguy 01-04-2012 05:20 PM

Self defense in OK

Young mother in OK defends herself and baby against knife wielding intruders. She asked the dispatcher on the phone if she could shoot at them. Dispatcher said he wouldn't tell her not to.
Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's Okay to Shoot - Yahoo!

downsouth 01-04-2012 05:33 PM

Man, what a week that young mother had. What about putting the bottle in the babies mouth, keep him quiet I'm thinking. I hope life gets better for her and the boy. Thanks to her situational awareness and being willing and able to defend her home and family she has that oppurtunity.

alsaqr 01-04-2012 05:58 PM

The Grady county, OK DA has released the 911 tape. The prosecutor stated it's unlikely the lady will be charged. In OK the DA is not required to take a righteous shoot to the grand jury.

trip286 01-04-2012 06:21 PM

Heres hoping her world gets better. What a sh!tty week.

orangello 01-04-2012 06:22 PM

I was looking around to see if that had been posted. She has had a reeeeally crappy couple of weeks, but think how much worse they could have gotten if she hadn't been armed.

Kudos on a righteous shoot.

JTJ 01-04-2012 06:34 PM

There are a lot of scumbags out there that read the obituaries and view them as an opportunity to rip the family off. Widows are especially targeted.

trip286 01-04-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
There are a lot of scumbags out there that read the obituaries and view them as an opportunity to rip the family off. Widows are especially targeted.

That's why my grandmother took all the portable valuables to my moms house right after grandad died.

alsaqr 01-04-2012 06:57 PM

BTW: The bud of the perp who assumed room temperature could be charged with second degree murder.

alsaqr 01-05-2012 11:25 AM

The second scumbag has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his bud:

Suspect In Home Invasion Charged With Cohort's Death - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Quote:

CHICKASHA, Okla. -- A suspect in a home invasion that left a second suspect dead has been charged with murder in the first degree, according to court documents. Dustin Lewis Stewart will be arraigned in Grady County court on Thursday.

orangello 01-05-2012 12:50 PM

The news just said that they were probably after her late husband's painkillers and were on oxycodone at the time of the attack. That is just damn pathetic. Prescription painkiller abuse is fairly rampant around here; i have heard more than one person say that they flushed the leftovers of a prescription just to avoid problems with pillheads.

I think we gotta figure out another way to deal with the drug problem in this country; i don't know what that will be. I mean, when somebody with the flu can't get decongestant, and people are stealing leftover painkillers from dead cancer victims; the current methods don't seem to be working.