"Self Defense Killing in Florida" - Page 38
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Self Defense Killing in Florida"

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #371
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The shooter is giving all legal gun owners a bad name and making it easier for the anti gun people to change the laws. Based on what info is public he looks dirty to me.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #372

Liked 132 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_cigar
The shooter is giving all legal gun owners a bad name and making it easier for the anti gun people to change the laws. Based on what info is public he looks dirty to me.
That's a True Statement you Made

Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #373

Liked 3232 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar_elite View Post
Regardless of any situation that rent-a-cop shot a 14 year old unarmed boy that was walking home from the candy store. If he couldn't subdue the child without using the force of a deadly weapon, he shouldn't have been employed with any security company.
Zimmerman was just some guy from the neighborhood who volunteered for neighborhood watch. Who apparently had less than stellar judgement in matters of avoiding conflict.
Martin was 17. How many people have been beaten to death by 17 year old thugs? Zimmerman's broken nose and head trauma suggest that things were not going well for him, whatever happened. A dumpy middle aged man getting beat up by a 17 yo thug does not require a real stretch of the imagination. If it had been me getting my noggin bashed on the concrete, I'd have shot him too.

Look up his Twitter info. Evidence suggests (yes I know, hearsay, and not conclusive by any means.) that he enjoyed sucker punching at least one bus driver.
A decent wrap up of what is known so far:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #374

Lots of reports show the kid is no angel, agreed. But the Florida law which is a good one that allows one to protect themselves and their homes was pushed too far by Zimmerman. He did more harm than good and got himself into a situation where he killed a bad kid, but should have been avoided. just my opinion.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #375

Liked 3232 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Things we can all agree on:
Zimmerman as less than brilliant judgement in avoiding conflict.
He doesn't listen well when told that his following "mommy's little angel" wasn't a great idea.
Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. Would anyone have thought, in that situation, that anything deadly would have occurred?

Can we now agree:
Once in the position of having his ass handed to him and his head bashed on the sidewalk, he was not required to pay for his lack of judgement with his life?
No one made this kid attack him. Zimmerman may have been an obnoxious, self important busybody (I don't know, though I suspect that neighborhood watch can bring those types out in the open). Is the penalty for that a beat down?
Now that more info has been released, can we all agree that Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin because he's a bloodthirsty bastard.

If Zimmerman had not been armed, what would the headline have been? Would anyone be as upset over the hospitalization or death of some unnamed guy at the hands of a 17 yo wannabe gangsta?
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #376
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

*removed offensive picture*

I hate tje media

Last edited by JonM; 03-27-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: offensive picture not appropriate for open forums

Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #377
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I don't think we can or should agree on anything. So far this has been a media trial. Were getting vital information by the bit size and we're not a jury. What I want to see is this investigation go forward without some talking head weighing in every ten minutes. Geraldo said the hoodie was the main culprit for god's sake and fox pulled their logo hoodie off of the web store. This is turning into a circus.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #378
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6734 Times on 3583 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Ive spent way too much effort today policing ongoing posts that are detrimental. I will start this thread over in the politics section. Any future posts on this topic will be melded into that post.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Closed Thread