Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Self Defense Killing in Florida"

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgiant215 View Post
This guy has called 911 somewhere between 41-46 times since January 2011 to report suspicious behavior. When authorities told him to stop following the boy he responded with something along the lines of, "no these a$$ holes always hey away". I know my info is a bit vague. I read an article earlier and listened to the 911 calls earlier and dont remember specifics. If I can find the article I will post it here.
OK, quick poll here. How many times has anyone reading this called 911?

Personally I have called 911 maybe a dozen times since it was available here 30 years ago, if that. Probably more like half a dozen times in that time, two of those were to report drunken drivers on the road (one I witnessed drinking from a bottle of Crown Royal in traffic on the highway) and another time was to report an accident I was involved in where I was seriously injured. So that's three I can confirm.

On the other hand I do have the non-emergency numbers that gets me directly to the dispatchers for three counties (I live on the border of two counties and have a business in another one close by) and the Highway Patrol programmed into my phone but have only used them a handful of times, and all of them were legitimate.

This guy appears to me to be a wannabe. A vigilante of the worst kind.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The Liberals want to give this guy a fair trial and then hang him. Liberals should be the ones asking for a "Cooling Off". When the Muslum Major yelled out Death to Infidals and shot unarmed American Servicemen Liberals wanted calm. The Obama Justice Department ruled this not terrorism it was "Work Place Violence". Is the Florida shooting not also "Work Place Violence"?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
The Liberals want to give this guy a fair trial and then hang him. Liberals should be the ones asking for a "Cooling Off". When the Muslum Major yelled out Death to Infidals and shot unarmed American Servicemen Liberals wanted calm. The Obama Justice Department ruled this not terrorism it was "Work Place Violence". Is the Florida shooting not also "Work Place Violence"?
Seriously Durango? WTF? That is just crazy to compare the Fort Hood shooting to this. You are just nucking futs.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #24

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Great now we get to hear AGAIN about anti-gun a**holes and how we're all murders blah blah blah "go blow it out your a**"

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6112 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6918

I kind of brought this up earlier. It resulted in a very frustrating conversation with a co-worker who thinks she has all the right answers and the inside scoop.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/came-up-work-morning-60714/

Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #26

Liked 117 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Al Sharpton is going to miss (or should we say not attend) his own mom's funeral over this....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you look at this kids facebook page, he passes himself off to be somewhat of a gangsta... So while I'm not entirely sure Zimmerman is inocent in this, I believe he was provoked in some way. One thing is for sure, we will not get the true story out of the media.

And someone mentioned Dr. Drew? Damn that guy's a liberal I can't stand to listen to his whiney crap! And Al Sharpton? Don't even get me started.. That is someone truely overdue a dirt nap..

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #28

Liked 1759 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Seriously Durango? WTF? That is just crazy to compare the Fort Hood shooting to this. You are just nucking futs.
He isn't comparing the shootings, he's comparing the reactions. A muslim shoots a bunch of soldiers and the libs want everybody to be calm but a white man shoots a black man and it's all about hate and race and lynch him without the facts.

I'm not saying he is or isn't guilty of something but let's get the facts first. This is just like the kid everyone thought the police shot in the head and later we all found out they didn't.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2176 Times on 1120 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
It appears that the killer pursued the unarmed suspect and shot him down, while the kid was begging for his life. ... the authorities had told the shooter to remain in his car......
Says who? The family. Al Sharpton? The Press? Unless you've seen the police findings, it's hard to come to any clear conclusions. Is it on youtube? All I can find recently is articles questioning america's love affair with guns or questioning the "stand your ground" laws. Clarity is lost at this point.
I suspect that this guy would have been arrested by now if there was clear evidence that this was a chargeable killing.
I've read hearsay reports that the two got into a scuffle and ended up fighting over the gun. Could be total crap, I don't know.
The point is, I don't know what happened. I tend to be skeptical of the press in this incident, they seem to have an axe to grind. Until all the facts are in, I'm not going to jump on the "let's lynch Zimmerman" bandwagon just yet.

Should he have backed off and let the PD handle it? Probably. I'm betting that right now, he wishes he had.

As for a 911 operator being the "authorities." Sorry, but that won't fly. We've all heard moronic directions from 911 recordings. They aren't there and they they can present some horrendously stupid advice at times. I'm fairly certain that "failure to follow the directions of a 911 operator" isn't an offense most places.
NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #30

There's no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman is going to face criminal charges, simply because of his pursuit and confrontation with Travis Martin. He had no business pursuing the kid, or confronting him, once 911 was called. Calling 911 in such a situation is the correct procedure, and no many how many times Zimmerman had called in the past, each time was right. But once you call the police, you should stay out of it unless someone's life is in jeopardy. This wasn't the case here.

Now, depite the claims of racial slurs, I can't find any evidence it happened. There is profanity of some of the calls, but nowhere can I hear a racial slur, and I've listened to every call that's been released.

The problem her is that I don't know what actually happened when Zimmerman confronted Martin, and it seems no one else does, either. Early reports stated that Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, but considering the fact that Zimmerman is twice Martin's size, this alone is not reason for him to use deadly force.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman is a wannabe, and no doubt that he did everything wrong here. He vilolated all common sense, violated the do not pursue and confront without just cause policy, and I have no doubt at all that this is a shooting that never should have happened. You simply cannot puruse without just cause, which Zimmerman did not have, and then claim the stand your ground law as a reason for self-defense.

Trouble is, I don't know exactly what happened once Zimmerman did confront Martin, and until this becomes clear, I can't make a reasonable case either way. But this case definitely should be investigated thoroughly, and my feeling is that Zimmerman is in the wrong, and will face some type of criminal charges.

Closed Thread