"Self Defense Killing in Florida" - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Self Defense Killing in Florida"

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #101
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 730 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 4044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Again, he was half of the equation. To what degree? He will never be able to tell.

In my experience the safety of military housing is most compromised by the housing itself.
He may not be able to tell, but from other news stories I've read, there were witnesses to most of the event.

Granted, not his side of the story, but if Zimmerman was infact the initial aggressor (and no, keeping your eye on what you perceive to be a suspicious person does not make you an agressor), then someone would have seen it. The store clerk Martin just came from? Anyone else that was there at the time...

The one person I don't trust is the girlfriend. How do we know what she says he said was actually said? How does she know that what he was saying was truthful? There are too many unknowns.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #102

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Regardless of why this happened you are innocent until you are found guilty by a jury of your peers. The mobs in the street making law is a break down of our justice system. What if you were to accidently run over some one and find yourself being judged by a "Sidewalk" court? The press that always calls for calm is fanning the flames. Their is a drum beat of lets hang him now and have a hearing after the funeral.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2972 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Good news, the voice of reason has spoken:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/farrakhan-tweets-where-there-is-no-justice-there-will-be-no-peace-law-of-retaliation-may-be-applied/

Quote:
Where there is no justice, there will be no peace. Soon the law of retaliation may very well be applied,”
Yep, nothing like the calming voices of reason to help settle things down:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/22/sharpton-emcees-racially-focused-sanford-rally-warns-against-use-of-violence/

Quote:
he Rev. Al Sharpton, an MSNBC host and liberal political figure, riled up a mostly-black Sanford, Fla., crowd on Thursday night in the wake of the killing of 17-year-old student Trayvon Martin.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/22/sharpton-emcees-racially-focused-sanford-rally-warns-against-use-of-violence/#ixzz1pwgrMIid
Yep, nothing to worry about now. These calming voices of reason will certainly help the situation.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #104
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7342 Times on 4418 Posts
Likes Given: 9064

I like when the media uses the phrase "gunned down".

Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2189 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 3328

i don't know if it was murder or not. One thing for sure; Zimmermam is a LEO wannabee and a blithering idiot. He disregarded the 911 dispatcher and continued to follow Martin. Somewhere along the line Zimmerman left his vehicle and followed Martin on foot. Zimmerman had no legal authority to chase or detain anyone: He initiated a confrontation.

The authors of the FL "stand your ground" law speak out.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/20/2703579/state-senator-calls-for-hearings.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

Quote:
The authors of Florida’s controversial Stand Your Ground law say the killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin probably should be arrested and doesn’t deserve immunity under the statute.

The comments from the Republican lawmakers came the same day state Sen. Oscar Braynon, D-Miami Gardens, urged the Florida Conference of Black State Legislators to call for the law to be repealed, amended or subject to legislative hearings. Trayvon’s mother lives in Braynon’s district.

But the lawmakers who crafted the legislation in 2005 — former Sen. Durell Peaden and current state Rep. Dennis Baxley —said the law doesn’t need to be changed. They believe it has been misapplied in the shooting death of Trayvon by a Sanford crime-watch captain, George Zimmerman.
The police didn't do Zimmerman a favor by refusing to arrest him: They did him an injustice. If Zimmerman is found innocent by a FL court he will be tried in federal court on hate crime charges.

Last edited by alsaqr; 03-23-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #106

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

This is all so sad, that this has happened. I understand that all the facts are not in or yet or worse not investigated.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #107

This definitely does not look good for the law abiding gun owners at this point. Many reporters are having a heyday criticizing Florida's law, and are ripping the NRA over there backing of the law. I admit that this is far from over but based on what I know I feel ashamed of this incident and My heart goes out to the family. This could have been any ones child, forget the color altogether it shouldn't have anything to do with this incident. At a minimum the shooter should have been arrested and investigated. Pursuing the kid was obviously a lame idea and the actual use of the weapon should have been avoided, why it was used I obviously don't know but I hear that no weapons of any kind were recovered other than the pistol used.

I feel angry over this because initially this looks as if this was totally avoidable.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #108

Then if it's found that it's a Hate Crime.
Its Hispanic on Black. Not White on Black.
THAT NEEDS TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR.
Since the black race is so prejudice towards whites and vise versa.

WTF?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #109

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Justice needs to prevail in this case above all else. What crossed my mind while looking through the post was what if this guy that did the shooting walks, whether he's innocent or guilty, what we may see something along the lines of the Rodney King riots. There seems to be quite a bit of racial tension and something like this could be the trigger that starts serious problems.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #110

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
It's like everybody in the whole law enforcement chain can't run away from the case fast enough.
LEOs are among the most misunderstood, and a lot of times despised, members of our society. I would argue that these brave men and women are not running away from this case but are performing their jobs with honor in the pursuit of evidence and will follow that evidence where ever it leads regardless of what the court of public opinion is at the time.

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Closed Thread