"Self Defense Killing in Florida"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Self Defense Killing in Florida"

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1594 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default "Self Defense Killing in Florida"

I am surprised no one has commented on the 17 year old kid, killed by a neighborhood watch bozo.

Are you all as ashamed as I am that a CCW holder would chase down and kill a kid who was armed only with a pack of skittles?

I am fairly familiar with Florida firearms laws and am amazed that the killer was not charged.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Link to the story? I have no idea what happened, so I cannot really have an opinion about it yet.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #3

Default 17 yr old Shooting

I think a lot of us have several questions on this situation.

"A Man's got to have a Code, a Creed to Live By, No Matter his Job"

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3045 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 353

Since I wasn't there I'm going to hold back opinion as to which one of them is the bozo. I've been following it on another forum. The news reports I've seen have been vague at best, and biased at worst. Somehow I suspect "Mommy's Little Angel" might have done something to provoke an armed response. What little I've read about the shooter leads me to believe he isn't a total douche, that too could be useless information of course. Whether it turns out to be justified is yet to be determined. Since it's turned into a national media circus, I suspect that objectivity has been cast aside in the interest of social justice and political correctness.
Piling on without all the facts isn't going to help.

NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #5

Liked 1594 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Since I wasn't there I'm going to hold back opinion as to which one of them is the bozo. I've been following it on another forum. The news reports I've seen have been vague at best, and biased at worst. Somehow I suspect "Mommy's Little Angel" might have done something to provoke an armed response. What little I've read about the shooter leads me to believe he isn't a total douche, that too could be useless information of course. Whether it turns out to be justified is yet to be determined. Since it's turned into a national media circus, I suspect that objectivity has been cast aside in the interest of social justice and political correctness.
Piling on without all the facts isn't going to help.
It appears that the killer pursued the unarmed suspect and shot him down, while the kid was begging for his life. The kid weighed 150 lbs and the killer about 250, so no disparity of force to justify the killing, no imminent danger to the shooter or anyone else, the authorities had told the shooter to remain in his car......

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will be interested to hear how this really happened. Scary hoodie or not, i find it hard to believe that the neighborhood watcher would just shoot the kid without any threat/reason.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Yeah, unless they guy was a serious sociopath, I doubt he shot a kid who was begging for his life just for the hell of it. There is definetly more to this story.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #8

"It appears" like the sun might go down this evening.........MSNBC etc sez he should be hung right away....no need for any investigation.....politicians are doing the "slip slidin away dance".......the guy could be a raving racist but all we see so far is a lot of biased anti gun journalist bull****......they have this thing called the criminal justice system that should sort it all out if given half a chance.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

We don't have all the facts. We do not know if the kid tried to get the shooter's weapon, if the kid tried to act tough and acted if he were armed, etc. We should not be quick to pass judgement on either person until more facts emerge. One thing is certain: the shooter should have waited for authorities instead of trying to handle the situation on his own but hind sight is 20-20 and foresight isn't always so clear.

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
RED

Likes Given: 1

Default I'm in the area...

... visiting relatives. The local concensus is that the shooter should have been arrested immediately. Accxording to an areanews story, he is on tape using racial slurs plus he has a prior arrest where he was charged with severely beating another black guy that weighed about 100lbs less than him.

If that is true, he needs to be in prison.

"A letter of reprimand is better than no mail at all."

Capt Joe Rowland USMC 1971.

Closed Thread