The Second Amendment Watchdog - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Second Amendment Watchdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

People will still vote him in again because he will do something that benefits the few and people will forgive him for all the bad. I hear alot of peoplwe praise him even Republicans. I heard somebody actually say his health care was a good Idea, WTF

Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This will be the scenario for confiscation....Kill a few hundred and confiscate their weapons, the rest will turn theirs in.

As long as individuals have to defend their weapons, they are essentially defenseless!!

This will be the test of our metal, gentlemen!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

What would you do if (hypothetically) OBAMA (One Big Ass Mistake, America) where to get a bill passed into law banning ALL handguns and had government officials come into your house to seize them. Would you hand them over like a law abiding sheeple, hide or bury them and say you lost them, or defend the second amendent with your life as you shout "MOLON LABE!!!" What would you REALY do, not what you would say you would do, but what you would actually do?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 09-14-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #14

I ,for one ,will tell you what I would do. I have already laid out my perimeter and fire zones. I have the high ground against a ground incursion. I also have several bug out options and I have good old USA training . Age is a factor now as my kids and wife are all gone now so ..... you understand I hope.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #15

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Senate Leadership Pushes for Sleazy Maneuver to Pass Anti-Gun ObamaCare Database

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
Gun Owners of America

Friday, September 18, 2009

Charles Babington of the Associated Press reported yesterday about the Senate Democratic leadership's latest sleazy maneuver to pass the anti-gun health care bill. And this is contemptible even by their admittedly low standards:

White House and Democratic officials are quietly talking with key senators, hoping to craft a thread-the-needle strategy on health care with little or no help from Republicans. The officials are asking a handful of moderate Democrats to do something that might be hard to explain to voters: Cast a Senate vote that could be interpreted as favoring a bill that the lawmakers ultimately plan to oppose on final passage.

In other words, they are trying to convince the swing votes -- Ben Nelson of Nebraska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Blanche Lincoln and Mark Pryor of Arkansas, perhaps Joe Lieberman of Connecticut -- to "throw" their vote on a pivotal filibuster vote. Bottom line: they are being asked to side with the ObamaCare supporters when it comes to the all important "cloture" vote -- which is the real hurdle that ObamaCare supporters must overcome if they are to pass the bill in the Senate.

The cloture vote determines whether a filibuster will continue or not, and it requires the support of 60 Senators. Siding with the ObamaCare supporters on the cloture vote would allow the "swing voters" to oppose the bill on final passage, where only 50 votes (plus the Vice-President) are needed.

Under this scenario, the moderate Democrats would then go back to their constituents and claim to have opposed the anti-gun health care bill because they voted against it on "final passage." But the critical vote which will have determined the real outcome of ObamaCare will have been the cloture vote. They will claim that the cloture vote was only a "procedural vote."

It is hard to imagine that anyone with an IQ over 50 would think anyone would swallow this scumbag trick.

But, just to make sure, we are asking our members to let senators know what the response will be for any senator who casts a deciding vote to pass the anti-gun health care bill on cloture, and then tries to trick them.

ACTION: Please write your Senators. Let them know that the 60-vote-margin votes on "cloture" are the important health care votes. No one will be fooled by a senator who votes wrong on these and then casts a meaningless vote against final passage.

You can use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at Gunowners.org/Activism to send your legislators the pre-written e-mail message below.

----- Pre-written letter -----

Dear Senator:

Charles Babington of the Associated Press reported on September 16 about the Senate Democratic leadership's latest sleazy maneuver to pass the anti-gun health care bill.

They are reportedly trying to convince the "swing" senators to "throw" the pivotal 60-vote cloture vote on shutting down debate on the anti-gun bill. The "swings" would then be allowed to vote against the bill on final passage, where only 50 votes (plus the Vice-President) are needed.

Under this scenario, the senators would then go back to their constituents and claim to have opposed the anti-gun health care bill because they voted against it on "final passage." The critical outcome-determinative votes on "cloture" and on "waiving the budget act" -- which will determine whether the bill passes or fails -- would only have been "procedural votes," they would argue.

It is hard to imagine that anyone with an IQ over 50 would think anyone would swallow this dirty trick.

But, just to make sure, we want to let you know that no one will be fooled if a senator casts a deciding vote to pass the anti-gun health care bill on cloture or waiving the budget act, and then tries to trick us with a meaningless vote against final passage.

To reiterate: The important votes are the 60-vote-margin votes on "cloture" and on "waiving the budget act." No one will be fooled by a senator who votes wrong on these and then casts a meaningless vote against final passage.

Gun Owners of America will continue to inform me as to what is happening on this important issue.

Sincerely,

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

They just don't get it do they? It is time to help them get it.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #17

Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

majority of the anti gun legislation will come if obama gets re-elected to a second term and has the opportunity to appoint some more liberal judges. Just hope and pray there are no more columbines or similiar happenings. The best thing for us to do if the govt tries to take our guns is to organize and form militias because militias are covered under the constitution.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
Thanks for the post, Cane.
As a gun store employee, I will have to keep my eyes peeled.
+1. I'm gonna say...I don't know. I was watching the game.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
What would you do if (hypothetically) OBAMA (One Big Ass Mistake, America) where to get a bill passed into law banning ALL handguns and had government officials come into your house to seize them. Would you hand them over like a law abiding sheeple, hide or bury them and say you lost them, or defend the second amendent with your life as you shout "MOLON LABE!!!" What would you REALY do, not what you would say you would do, but what you would actually do?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I'm gonna say...oh yeah but I sold them last year at a yard sale.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I may get me one of these signs:

2a.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello