Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Second Amendment Restrictions Imposed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/second-amendment-restrictions-imposed-54171/)

Sniper03 12-26-2011 02:49 PM

Second Amendment Restrictions Imposed

Although I must agree there were certain things that were implemented that were for the good. I seems by putting in some good things and then dousing us with the bad under the table. (The Health Care Bill also comes to mind!) It is a way of manipulation so not to get everyone fired up and active so they could pass restrictions upon our Constitutional Second Amendment Rights in our case. It seems that this happens every time they are in control. I have been doing some research in the area of our Second Amendment Rights regarding the House and Senate. Not to be surprised to find the following information that I wanted to share for those who have any doubts about what party is our opposition when it comes to our Second Amendment Rights. And before we get started I am not of one specific party and vote for whoever I think is best for America and our Second Amendment Rights. I want to point out that there are those in both parties that are our opposition also. We need to find out who all of them are and vote accordingly. However I will let the below research speak for it self as to when and by whom most all of the major firearms laws were implemented.

The Year President Control of: House Senate
1934 Firearms Act D D D
1968 Firearms Act D D D
1986 Firearms Act R *Reagan's 2nd Term D D

You can also research and find out how each Democratic & Republican has voted regarding our Second Amendment Rights. On the D side it is not impressive in most cases since most always side with the anti gun groups. There are a very few Ds that do not, however most of the Rs did side on the side of our Second Amendment Rights.
God bless the D Senators that stood their ground defending the Constitution and our Second Amendment Rights. I am sure they have paid a price to do what was right! The list and votes are obviously too long to list here on the Forum.
As for past history, I feel the only saving grace we have at the present is at present we do have Republicans as Majority on one side and those very few Democratic Senators! I am not saying all Republicans are good either. But most stand for the Constitution and our Second Amendment Rights.
Remember in prior to the last election when the House and Senate was Democrat controlled. As you recall a lot of new anti Second Amendment activity was being orchestrated. Hillery's push for the UN Small Arms Treaty which would be a disaster to our Second Amendment Rights and Fast and Furious was in full swing violating US Federal Law. Anyway we have a lot of factors to consider in the future for our Great Country and certainly our Second Amendment Rights if we want to keep them. *Just some thoughts regarding our up coming elections! :)

God Bless America!

therewolf 12-26-2011 04:05 PM

History has shown it's pretty much a two-pronged attack:

1)Cast aspersions upon the Constitution and BOR, labeling them as

"archaic" , "out of touch" and the like.

2) Hide restrictions on our liberty in spending appropriations

which are popular, and depend on or apathy, ignorance,

inattention to detail to do the rest...

AcidFlashGordon 12-27-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 660106)
2) Hide restrictions on our liberty in spending appropriations

which are popular, and depend on or apathy, ignorance,

inattention to detail to do the rest...

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it." :mad:

AIKIJUTSU 12-27-2011 02:09 PM

If only our forefathers had left out the part about "a well-regulated militia..." It would have left no excuse for doubting what the second amendment was for.

c3shooter 12-27-2011 02:20 PM

You may want to sneak a peek at your STATE constitution- 44 states have a right to bear arms provision in there.

In Virginia, here is what it says-

“That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; …”

therewolf 12-27-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon (Post 660694)
"We have to pass it to find out what's in it." :mad:

The first time I heard that, my jaw dropped to the floor.

IMO, the most ridiculous thing to exit the mouth of a

democratic administration EVER.:rolleyes:

robocop10mm 12-28-2011 01:43 PM

Are they stupid or do they really believe we are stupid?

AIKIJUTSU 12-28-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 661439)
Are they stupid or do they really believe we are stupid?

BOTH answers are correct:D

lonewolf101 12-28-2011 02:30 PM

Just look at the States Ill,ca,ny,ma,nj are ALL CONTROLED by the Democrats so their your ANSWER!.Not saying the GOP is the best because their not but when it comes to guns rights they shine and the DEMS = the anti gun.

AIKIJUTSU 12-28-2011 03:56 PM

Just the way Congress and the state legislatures have been incessantly crankin' out laws for over 200 years defies common sense. The laws of the United States and the individual states could be well boiled down to the 10 commandments, with a few more to refine them and to protect the sovereignity of the states. The more detail they legislate, the more they infringe upon the God-given rights of man. **** like defining the detailed descriptions of what items (including, but not limited to, guns) are "OK" to own and what are not, how you may use your land and other private property, what opinions you may and may not express about other people, etc, slowly but surely is changing the "land of the free" into just another 3rd world dictatorship. The gradual erosion of the rights supported (not defined, as the rights are God-given) by the Bill of Rights is and has been done by the sneak-thieves of the legislative branches of the state and federal governments since day one. Make a serious effort to learn what your representatives, senators, state legislators, etc, have done during their terms in office, then vote against the bad ones. Too many incumbants get re-elected by default - i.e., name recognition, when the other guy on the ballot is not well recognized.