Second Amendment & American Liberty - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Second Amendment & American Liberty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Yep and I thought they were going to let him go last time, but nope no way...Supprised the sh_t out of me.
He wouldn't live long; i'd bet the old Foldger family still has a quiet contract on him, probably not the only ones. Killing rich people will get you dead, eventually.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3686 Times on 1776 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

I would also say it would depend upon the crime. Murder, Armed Robbery or violent crimes of that nature involving serious bodily injury or with a weapon NO!
However, for example I know of one friend that worked for a company as part of the sales management team and the Federal Government charged him with conspiracy because he happened to be copied on two e-mails sent to other people in the company. The E-mails wasn't regarding his area of responsibility, or his department of the company. Just because he saw the E-mails he was charged with two counts of conspiracy during the investigation of the corporate officials. What a bunch of crap! Once again our government out of control just building stats. Not to mentioned he was frightened in to pleading guilty in fear of them wanting to add additional charges of some sort. Reminds me of the fine job they have done on the weapons project in MEXICO!
He is now a felon and can not have any weapons. In fact he had to sell all that he had in his collection. And in addition he can no longer vote. Bottom line he did not commit a forcible or violent crime and should be allowed his second amendment rights that at the present have been taken from him. Being retired law enforcement (30 Years) I will tell you some things need changed and I agree with this thread on giving some people back their constitutional second amendment rights.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
OTOH, Opaww, if LE makes a law-abiding citizen a permanent

criminal in status, can we not expect them to embrace their

criminality at some point?

As gun owners, WE ALL face the possibility of being brought up on,

and convicted of criminal charges, in the event a variety of

bad scenarios should turn against us.

A bad vehicle search, a home defense gone bad, any number of other

possible situations could get you branded as a criminal for life.

Then, for no truly valid reason, you could be treated as

a criminal, and disallowed firearms usage for life.

Once you were in this situation, would you not think to

yourself "Well if they're going to treat like a criminal for life, and allow

me no chance at redemption to citizen status, why

should I obey the law? "
Can't believe I'm saying this but, I agree. Even if you didn't do any violent crimes, if you decided to procure a gun for HD, you have broken the law and committed another "crime". I think being a citizen of America should be treated like being pregnant, either you are or you're not. None of this varying degrees of citizenship crap.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005

Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #24

Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this but, I agree. Even if you didn't do any violent crimes, if you decided to procure a gun for HD, you have broken the law and committed another "crime". I think being a citizen of America should be treated like being pregnant, either you are or you're not. None of this varying degrees of citizenship crap.
Cowards, most with no armed forces service, are writing our laws...

Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #25

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

The answer is no. I don't feel like getting into a gun fight every weekend. That just increases the RISK.

If you think someone is going to break in, get a good alarm system.

Fine the way it is..

Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

To me, as a retired cop, I tend to fall on the HELL NO side of things as a kneejerk reaction.

The fact is though, some felony convictions should have no lifelong penalty. In fact some things that are felonies in some places should barely be a misdemeanor. In some jurisdictions traveling 15 miles per hour over the posted speed limit is a felony. Really? What a desperado...you were doing 71 in a 55 on an open road, totally sober at 0300? Shame on you...pay your ticket, take the points on your license. But now a convicted felon? THAT is a total miscarriage of justice, let alone what is "right and correct".

The 4th Ammendment, though badly wounded and in ill health is still a part of The Constitution, and as such we are supposed to be protected from illegal searches and seizures. Granted most people who wind up in jail don't wind up there becasue of brilliant police work, they get there because they won't SHUT UP, and talk themselves right into the pokey. Saying things such as "If I was pulled over for a traffic violation, please write me my ticket and let me be on my way. I specifically do NOT give you permission to search me or my vehicle."

The officer IS ALLOWED to lie and tell you just about anything to trip you up. I am not saying this to tell someone how to get away with anything...the fact is..if you are legal, you don't need to worry about it, but by God, why let some snot nose traffic whore make your day longer becasue he's "fishing"?

"No, I do not consent to a search of my person or my vehicle." If the officer is absent probable cause to search he MUST have your permission to search.

If the officer says it is "For my safety". You can still say no if you have given him no probable cause to feel threatened. No waepon in plain sight, or no roach in the ash tray which shouldn't be there to begin with!

So...some cases...upon successful completion of your sentence, your rights should be fully and automatically restored.

Non violent felonies come to mind.

I don't want a convicted armed robber to get his gun rights back obviously. A child molester or rapist should never make it out of the system alive, so that should be a moot point. A guy who beats the ever lovin' dog crap out of his wife...yeah....kiss your bang bangs buh bye. However...if you get into a shouting match with your wife and go out in your garage to cool off and punch the crap out of your heavy bag instead of her...good for you...that's what it's there for, and you shouldn't be charged with DV in the first place, but there are places where that WOULD be DV if you can believe it.

So, let the punishment fit the crime. I know a guy who was convicted of a felony back in the early 60's, which by the way is NO LONGER a crime it is a civil infraction, yet he hasn't been able to get his rights restored! He had half a joint in his ash tray. He has lived an exemplary life since then.

UGH....frustration.