Seattle Gun Buyback Program turns into gun show for collectors - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Seattle Gun Buyback Program turns into gun show for collectors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Has anyone ever been arrested for doing this? I've thought about it many times, but was too scared to test the water.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #12

Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Idk how one could be arrested for buying something you could legally be allowed to own with money you made legally. I'm sure some douche nozzle chief of police has tried...and failed. If you're legally allowed to do it, you can't be arrested.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #13

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I've seen some of these by backs on the national news and I'm beginning to think some are set ups, I'm not so sure the cops give out confiscated firearms to some select people to turn in in order to motivate fence sitters, those who don't quiet know what's going on and are fearful, to follow the rest of the sheeple and turn in their firearms because it makes them feel good about doing the "Right thing".

Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #14

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprodigy918
Haha!!! I love to hear that!! I'm going to grab all the cash I can get my hands on and head to the pd gun show too if Tulsa or OKC ever does a buyback!! Thank you Seattle!!
I highly doubt anyone in oklahoma would do a buy back. Hell, we love our guns
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 794 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I highly doubt anyone in oklahoma would do a buy back. Hell, we love our guns
Maybe some of the Tulsa liberal nitwits, is all. The gangbangers and Section Eight apartment dwellers are too busy using theirs on each other to bother with a buy back.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #16

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Haha. Good old fashioned American Capitalism at work.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Idk how one could be arrested for buying something you could legally be allowed to own with money you made legally. I'm sure some douche nozzle chief of police has tried...and failed. If you're legally allowed to do it, you can't be arrested.
What if the gun you just bought was listed as being stolen?
I do not buy guns from non-dealers unless I can run them thru the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website stolen property section first. I'm not really ready to become Bubba's "girlfriend."

"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill

Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #18

The city of Seattle should sell the guns they bought to the gun dealers. Sense they paid $100 for them they could double there money on most, the dealers could resell them to honest law biding citizens. A good way for the city to make money, and give the dealers an additional supply source.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6271 Times on 3522 Posts
Likes Given: 5863

Several years ago some fuzzy headed Priest in Denver used parish funds to do a buyback.

A young man was interviewed on a local TV station. He said that he picked up a couple of klunkers at a flea market and sold them to the priest.

Then he said that he was going to use the money as a down payment on an "ASSAULT RIFLE."

I love it!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz