SEAL Team - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

SEAL Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default no tell intel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Yeah, because the Chinook had a great big "Seal Team 6: We're the ones that got Bil Laden", painted on the side, so the Afghans knew where to shoot.

Totally unneccessary and in practice, the exact opposite sentiment that you may have been trying to convey.
Do you honestly think that the taliban doesn't know who is coming and going when you're using afghan interpreters, domestics on bases, etc I remember them arresting a laundry woman in our camp because she was caught drawing a map of our machinegun emplacements, mortar pits etc. That was not the only case either and this was in the days before you had cell phones to transmit the intel.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
Do you honestly think that the taliban doesn't know who is coming and going when you're using afghan interpreters, domestics on bases, etc I remember them arresting a laundry woman in our camp because she was caught drawing a map of our machinegun emplacements, mortar pits etc. That was not the only case either and this was in the days before you had cell phones to transmit the intel.
Mate I'd highly doubt interpreters that handle highly classified and sensiive information are just random blokes off of the street

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I see your point but I'd highly doubt the Afghan president's brother was a major drug dealer too, but he is. Being a highly intelligent and vetted person does not remove them from the possibility of being an Afghan "patriot". but the real purpose of this post is not to focus on that but on the man so willing to take the glory, the new photo-op of him saluting the dead SEALs released by the whitehouse, and who is now going to be lauded in a film about how he took out Bin Laden. To be released 3 weeks before the election. This is the same man who salutes the flag, or not, as his mood suits. Its all politics with him.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
That's a totally different point, that I think is at least possible. I'm responding to the tin foil hat conspiracy that somehow the POTUS, DOD, or the military, etc "had them killed" to silence them because they knew some truth about OBL (which is batsh#t crazy to believe and dishonors our military and the men who died).

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think the numbers may have been bloated to cover seals lost during the obl raid. I have heard rumors (yes rumors and nothing more) about family members not hearing from their husbands or whatever in the seals since may1st.

This is a conspiracy theory. But it wouldn't surprise me at all, the government goes through a lot of trouble to make the seals seem invincible, so it would make sense they use this as an oppurtunity to cover up some deaths.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #16

Ann Barnhardt has been writing/noting some seriously damaging info. Check her blog out: Barnhardt.biz - Commodity Brokerage