SEAL Team
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > SEAL Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default SEAL Team

As we take time to mourn the loss of our brave men at arms, let us also remember who made it publicly known which team killed Bin Laden for political gain. God bless our troops.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #2

Liked 1278 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
As we take time to mourn the loss of our brave men at arms, let us also remember who made it publicly known which team killed Bin Laden for political gain. God bless our troops.
Way to use a large loss of life and war fighting capability to make a political jab. A very weak jab at that. Your a real class act.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Way to use a large loss of life and war fighting capability to make a political jab. A very weak jab at that. Your a real class act.
+1. Remember the fallen. Honor their names with praise for a job well done.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When are we going to CUT our losses and GET OUT OF THA RAT HOLE! we lost to many men aready.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
Yeah, because the Chinook had a great big "Seal Team 6: We're the ones that got Bil Laden", painted on the side, so the Afghans knew where to shoot.

Totally unneccessary and in practice, the exact opposite sentiment that you may have been trying to convey.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #6

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Yeah, because the Chinook had a great big "Seal Team 6: We're the ones that got Bil Laden", painted on the side, so the Afghans knew where to shoot.

Totally unneccessary and in practice, the exact opposite sentiment that you may have been trying to convey.
I sure would like to know who ordered the dispatching of this operation. Why didn't they send a bunch of Predator Drones in ? They keep bragging about how good they are. If not drones, why wasn't the Chinook supported by a bunch of Apache's. I think it was a setup. I would like to see an investigation.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #7

Liked 1278 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
I sure would like to know who ordered the dispatching of this operation. Why didn't they send a bunch of Predator Drones in ? They keep bragging about how good they are. If not drones, why wasn't the Chinook supported by a bunch of Apache's. I think it was a setup. I would like to see an investigation.
Even when you spend the better part of a Trillion dollars per year on defense, you still don't have unlimited resources. Questioning the politics of being there or not is very fair but it's not fair to question military decisions made by commanders on the ground who are not in control of resources they are given a mission and are commanded to use the resources available to accomplish that mission. As a military man myself I just can't believe that anyone military or CIA or whatever gov agency would take part in a mission to kill 30+ military.

As to why they didn't send in Predator drones, it's because they needed boots on the ground. Predators might do fine providing some close air support but they are not the same as having boots on the ground or an apache or A-10 flying overhead. In this case I have no idea what the mission was but I would bet anything it was not air support, it was something that required people willing/able/capable of doing dangerous **** with a good chance of success.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2356 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 3731

Quote:
As a military man myself I just can't believe that anyone military or CIA or whatever gov agency would take part in a mission to kill 30+ military.
Bingo.

The troops on that helo were quick reaction folks on their way to assist some special operations troops who were in a serious firefight. A Taliban terrorist got lucky with his RPG-7, that's all.

At least one of the troops on that helo was a US Army EOD man from Hawaii.

May those brave men rest in Everlasting Peace.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The troops on that helo were quick reaction folks on their way to assist some special operations troops who were in a serious firefight. A Taliban terrorist got lucky with his RPG-7, that's all.

At least one of the troops on that helo was a US Army EOD man from Hawaii.
NATO Killed Taliban Insurgents Who Shot Down Chinook Helicopter

"Nato forces killed the Taliban insurgents who shot down a Chinook helicopter on Saturday, which resulted in the death of 38 Afghan and American troops, to inlcude 22 SEAL Team 6 members."

"The commander of U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan said coalition forces used a precision airstrike to kill the insurgents involved in the Aug. 6 downing of the helicopter."

NATO Killed Taliban Insurgents Who Shot Down Chinook Helicopter - International Business Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
May those brave men rest in Everlasting Peace.
Never forgotten and always avenged.

Rest peacefully brothers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Last edited by rigjumpr; 08-11-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: deleted due to "because"