School defense plan - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > School defense plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

I really do think that non-lethals should be included in the calculations. I expect they’d be easier to get past a school board, and maybe into each teachers' desk.

http://www.mace.com/personal_defense/take-down-law-enforcement-pepper-sprays.html

Old 12-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I really do think that non-lethals should be included in the calculations. I expect they’d be easier to get past a school board, and maybe into each teachers' desk.

http://www.mace.com/personal_defense/take-down-law-enforcement-pepper-sprays.html
NEVER in a desk...ALWAYS on the person at all times. Nothing like facing a gun with a taser.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Manta, maybe that's the problem across the pond. Your only solution to a problem is let the government fix it. They are the only ones who are smart enough. You did such a good job with your freedoms, guns, free speech, hell isn't fox hunting banned now. What part of your culture will you stand for ? Until your methods show a measure of success, I will look else where for solutions than the UK.

Last edited by downsouth; 12-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #14

Tasers, pepper spray, etc., are good. Certainly it's better than nothing.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Tasers, pepper spray, etc., are good. Certainly it's better than nothing.
as good as a gun in the hands of trained individual?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
as good as a gun in the hands of trained individual?
Better than guns that are not allowed by the board to be in the hands of school staff.

Last edited by Vincine; 12-23-2012 at 11:37 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Quote:
What part of your culture will you stand for ? Until your methods show a measure of success, I will look else where for solutions than the UK.
Fox hunting in not banned just hunting foxes with dogs. They are considered a pest and can be shot. You didn't answer my question there has being one similar incident in the UK in 30 years. There is no security in schools. Why do you think there are so many in America . And the schools have to be turned into armed fortress to try and stop them.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #18

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Fox hunting in not banned just hunting foxes with dogs. They are considered a pest and can be shot. You didn't answer my question there has being one similar incident in the UK in 30 years. There is no security in schools. Why do you think there are so many in America . And the schools have to be turned into armed fortress to try and stop them.
For one the uk has 1/5th the population of the US. Less crazies. So what do you suggest, turn in our guns like the uk?

Why did they ban the hunting of foxes with dogs. It was the pack of hounds that made it cultural. Or was that the point?

Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 801 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Quote:
For one the uk has 1/5th the population of the US. Less crazies. So what do you suggest, turn in our guns like the uk
There are still plenty of guns in the UK. Whats in this part of the UK .Quote. We found that almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally-held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.

A total of 2,924 licenses have 'Personal Protection Weapon' among the conditions of use. These holders include ex-PSNI, civilians and prison officers.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

There are still plenty of guns in the UK. Whats in this part of the UK .Quote. We found that almost 60,000 members of the public own over 146,000 firearms with the remaining 7,018 legally-held guns belonging to serving police and prison officers.

A total of 2,924 licenses have 'Personal Protection Weapon' among the conditions of use. These holders include ex-PSNI, civilians and prison officers.
?? Guess this dumb American didn't get the point of that last post. What I see is 60000 people that own one rifle and one shotgun (most hunter's minimum) and some people that may have a couple rifles or shotguns. Looks like maybe you were trying to make a point that the government was out gunned. Our point is the government should be out gunned by its population to keep it in check. The government is there to do our bidding not vice versa.