SB 649/ manchin toomey universal background checks bill - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > SB 649/ manchin toomey universal background checks bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Old 04-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7320 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 7097

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If you give a mouse a cookie...
Even if the cookie is poisoned??

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 04-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

1934-National Firearms Act -Who needs machineguns? We'd be better off without them on our streets. It's for the children.

1938-Federal Firearms Act-Only people the government approves of should be able to sell guns. They should also be required to record the buyers personal information.

1968-Gun Control Act-Lets let the government decide who gets to own a gun. After all, violent murderers have the right to be back on the streets after serving a few years, and nonviolent felons don't deserve rights after serving their time.

1972-ATF-Hey, lets give the Treasury's Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service the ability to enforce gun laws. Lets call them the ATF. After all, they will never do anything wrong or unconstitutional.

1986- Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act-Let's ban the manufacturing and import of armor piercing bullets. After all, they are SOOO much more deadlier than regular FMJ and ballistic tip bullets.

1990-Crime Control Act-Hey! lets ban all guns in certain areas and call them gun free zones. After all, criminals obey laws. Let's also ban the assembly of some semi automatic rifles bade from legally imported parts. You know, because guns made from imported parts are much more deadly than guns made from American parts.

1994-Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act-Let's impose a 5 day waiting period for handguns for several years, then replace it with a background check system. That 5 day waiting period sure will save a lot of lives, and that background checks will stop criminals from buying guns at gun shops. After all, that's where criminals get all their guns.

1994- Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act-Lets ban assault weapons! You know, because 99% of all crime are committed using them. Lets also ban high capacity magazines and make it illegal for juveniles to even possess a hand gun. Boy, will that save a lot of lives and end crime once and for all.

2013-Present Day-Lets try to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines again! After all, that worked GREAT last time we did it. Lets also require that all guns be transferred through an FFL since criminals would never steal guns or keep buying them on the streets.

What did we get for all of this?

1986-Firearms Owners' Protection Act Loosened SOME of the restrictions on guns, but banned civilians from owning machineguns manufactured after the passing of this bill.

WOW, THAT WAS SURE WORTH IT.

I'd also like to add that if that bill does pass, all the amendments pass with it. Those amendments could still include an assault weapons ban, and a high capacity magazine ban. It could also contain much more.

I say we stop giving the mouse a cookie right here and now. Lets give it a mousetrap instead. Otherwise, they will keep coming after our rights, they will go after registration, and they will go after confiscation of some guns. WAKE UP!

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-15-2013 at 03:00 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

We need a cat up there to eat those mice.

I have no friends in DC.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #15

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
1934-National Firearms Act -Who needs machineguns? We'd be better off without them on our streets. It's for the children.

1938-Federal Firearms Act-Only people the government approves of should be able to sell guns. They should also be required to record the buyers personal information.

1968-Gun Control Act-Lets let the government decide who gets to own a gun. After all, violent murderers have the right to be back on the streets after serving a few years, and nonviolent felons don't deserve rights after serving their time.

1972-ATF-Hey, lets give the Treasury's Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service the ability to enforce gun laws. Lets call them the ATF. After all, they will never do anything wrong or unconstitutional.

1986- Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act-Let's ban the manufacturing and import of armor piercing bullets. After all, they are SOOO much more deadlier than regular FMJ and ballistic tip bullets.

1990-Crime Control Act-Hey! lets ban all guns in certain areas and call them gun free zones. After all, criminals obey laws. Let's also ban the assembly of some semi automatic rifles bade from legally imported parts. You know, because guns made from imported parts are much more deadly than guns made from American parts.

1994-Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act-Let's impose a 5 day waiting period for handguns for several years, then replace it with a background check system. That 5 day waiting period sure will save a lot of lives, and that background checks will stop criminals from buying guns at gun shops. After all, that's where criminals get all their guns.

1994- Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act-Lets ban assault weapons! You know, because 99% of all crime are committed using them. Lets also ban high capacity magazines and make it illegal for juveniles to even possess a hand gun. Boy, will that save a lot of lives and end crime once and for all.

2013-Present Day-Lets try to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines again! After all, that worked GREAT last time we did it. Lets also require that all guns be transferred through an FFL since criminals would never steal guns or keep buying them on the streets.

What did we get for all of this?

1986-Firearms Owners' Protection Act Loosened SOME of the restrictions on guns, but banned civilians from owning machineguns manufactured after the passing of this bill.

WOW, THAT WAS SURE WORTH IT.

I'd also like to add that if that bill does pass, all the amendments pass with it. Those amendments could still include an assault weapons ban, and a high capacity magazine ban. It could also contain much more.

I say we stop giving the mouse a cookie right here and now. Lets give it a mousetrap instead. Otherwise, they will keep coming after our rights, they will go after registration, and they will go after confiscation of some guns. WAKE UP!
TESTIFY!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2461 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 3916

Too damn bad the NRA did not immediatly downgrade these two A rated senators to F-. These two hacks are traitors to our cause. So is our OK senator Coburn.
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #17

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

One of my big concerns with this bill is that it seems to provide "incentive" for folks to get a CCW.

Gun registration might well be banned but millions of us CCW holders are "registered gun owners" by the fact that our CCW's are on record.

Anytime the government offers something, there is always a catch... HMM... wonder why the Government would be interested in a program that provides "incentive" for EVERY American gun owner to apply for a CCW?

What on EARTH could they have in mind?

Yea, Yea, Loc... I know... My tinfoil hat strap is a bit too tight.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6672 Times on 3551 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Since they don't even understand the process, they don't trust our friends and allies, and the paranoid silly bullsh!t just keeps flowing.
except mccain and toomey have nothing but contempt for anyone who isnt a liberal or a moderate and they have a special hate-on for anyone that thinks they need a gun because its part of the constitution...

mccain and toomey are liberals who couldnt get elected if they didnt have a R behind their names.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1334 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Well, one thing is for sure, you that dislike this are in good company. I doubt that Sen Schumer likes it either. Wait and see what comes out of this with amenmdments. It may be for nothing. I don't think "The Dear Leader" would sign it anyway. Not restrictive enough.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
One of my big concerns with this bill is that it seems to provide "incentive" for folks to get a CCW.

Gun registration might well be banned but millions of us CCW holders are "registered gun owners" by the fact that our CCW's are on record.

Anytime the government offers something, there is always a catch... HMM... wonder why the Government would be interested in a program that provides "incentive" for EVERY American gun owner to apply for a CCW?

What on EARTH could they have in mind?

Yea, Yea, Loc... I know... My tinfoil hat strap is a bit too tight.

Tack
I'll loan you a ten gallon tinfoil hat, because I feel the same way. My BIL's both have their carry permits, the "enhanced" MS permits, but I hate to give up my fingerprints. All the crap I've gotten away with and the crap I didn't, I NEVER got printed or photographed. Gotta have it though; don't want to OC.