Sarah Brady - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Sarah Brady

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I Googled a picture of her. ROFLMAO..........
I like to take an extra minute often to include pics in posts -- the system has the capability and I think they add much. I just could not bring myself to include a picture of her. 'course now everyone is gonna wanna go find her image, so, in spite of myself and all decency, see below...

In any case, all that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men (and women) to do nothing. Sarah Brady and even The Giffords get confronted, get challenged, not "a buy."

THIS is the face of gun control, I mean The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence (formerly know as Handgun Control, Inc. for all you hip Leftist defenders). Sleep on it...
sarah-brady.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.
7point62 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #22

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Exactly. and why would any of us support anything they do by even watching CNN MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. Time to put them all out of business and change the channel.
Two reasons; 1) The First Admendment... which is just as important as the others we hold dear to the American idea, and 2) I want them out there and talking... so we can see what the other side is up to and not be blindsided. Besides... when they are caught in lies it gives us more ammo for debate and discussion.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #23

Let me see if I follow your logic. We should support the commercial main stream media propaganda ministry of The Party of the Left because the Constitution guarantees free speech and that's where to gather their lies.

That is a naive perspective. Would you consider, I don't know, the insane alternative of supporting fair and balanced news reporting? Arguably watch Fox News? Read The New York Post and Washington Times but let The New York Times and Washington Post continue to whither on the vine? Read CNS and skip clicking on the Huff Post's brainwashing!?

Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Let me see if I follow your logic. We should support the commercial main stream media propaganda ministry of The Party of the Left because the Constitution guarantees free speech and that's where to gather their lies.

That is a naive perspective. Would you consider, I don't know, the insane alternative of supporting fair and balanced news reporting? Arguably watch Fox News? Read The New York Post and Washington Times but let The New York Times and Washington Post continue to whither on the vine? Read CNS and skip clicking on the Huff Post's brainwashing!?
So let me see if I follow YOUR logic here... I'm not (or shouldn't be) allowed to read, listen or watch anything from any source I want and then come to my own conclussions on issues... especially ones that directly impact me, my family and community ??? That would be the definition of "brainwashing" and (IMHO) truely Un-American. ...and I did NOT (BTW) say anything concerning Fox News either... although I will, can and do lump them into my First Admendment statement also.

I also take exception to being called "naive" by anyone simply for presenting my views... of course with your past record of name calling to pick a fight... not surprised in the least.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #25

You said it is important to support false news outlets on 1st Amendment principles. You made clear we should watch them with you: "CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS, etc." I was being kind when I said that's a naive perspective.

You then twist that and warp the suggestion of supporting responsible journalism into "name calling" and "not allowing" you to do something? Your clearly political agenda is skewing your comprehension across the board here and, again, I'm being kind but also giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #26

Quote:
You said it is important to support false news outlets on 1st Amendment principles. You made clear we should watch them with you: "CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS, etc." I was being kind when I said that's a naive perspective.

You then twist that and warp the suggestion of supporting responsible journalism into "name calling" and "not allowing" you to do something? Your clearly political agenda is skewing your comprehension across the board here and, again, I'm being kind but also giving you the benefit of the doubt.
What part of a guaranteed `'free press' do you not get ??
Also.... I do not tell anyone what to do here... THAT would also be un-American. I never call anyone here names... or put words into people's mouths... or put down their opinions to make myself look like a bigger person. You can also keep your "kindness"... especially when you bring nothing to the discussion. This is my last posting at this campfire.... I have better things to do for now.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Also.... I do not tell anyone what to do here... THAT would also be un-American. I never call anyone here names... or put words into people's mouths... or put down their opinions to make myself look like a bigger person. You can also keep your "kindness"... especially when you bring nothing to the discussion. This is my last posting at this campfire.... I have better things to do for now.
NC, you can't debate an issue with Hock. he thinks his opinions are the only ones that are relevent. he has always taken a role of thinking he is superior to everyone else here on the forum since he joined. when the arguement isn't going his way, he strikes back with sarcastic remarks or insults of a personal nature. i have been the object of those attacks many, many times. he thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong. best not to waste your time.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Your emotional quotient aside, I don't believe yours is an enlightened philosophy nor historically accurate argument: that there's a guarantee of a free press which could, should, or would compel even moderately rational citizens to support commercial enterprises that are known to be propagandizing them. Lying to us! That would be foolhardy and probably downright suicidal to a free people. You see, words mean something.

And to put this hijacked thread back on topic that includes such flagrant wordsmithing as Handgun Control, Inc., changing its name to Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Left, with its media, using such related subtleties to brainwash Americans into "reasonable gun control" at every opportunity they have absolutely no shame in exploiting. It just works more on some type of people than others...
MattShlock Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Your emotional quotient aside, I don't believe yours is an enlightened philosophy nor historically accurate argument that there's a guarantee of a free press which could, should, or would compel even moderately rational citizens to support commercial enterprises that are known to be propagandizing them. That would be foolhardy and probably downright suicidal to a free people. You see, words mean something.

And to put this hijacked thread back on topic that includes such flagrant wordsmithing as Handgun Control, Inc., changing its name to Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Left, with its media, using such related subtleties to brainwash Americans into "reasonable gun control" at every opportunity they have absolutely no shame in exploiting. It just works more on some type of people than others...
whether we agree with what the press says or writes, many of us who actually understand and defend the freedom of the 1st amendment, know that the press and people have a right to say anything they so choose to say. we even may disagree with all the useless drivel you churn in every post you write, but we will support and defend your right to speak useless nonsense none the less.

the 1st amendment is about the freedom of speech, the freedoma of the press and freedom of religion. whether the press is in bed with the liberal mindset is irrelevent. the problem is that the mindless masses, follow the liberal media and accept what is told to them because they lack the ability to think for themselves. and so long as the media has an audience they will keep the brainwashing going.
People Like This 
Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #30

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

NC1760 telling people they personally have to support the lame-stream media outlets even when they know they are lying obviously isn't something the Founding Fathers envisioned as part of the First Amendment protections.

Neither was trolling axxe55.

Last edited by MattShlock; 04-30-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Closed Thread