Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Building it himself is sort of a POSSITIVE for our position in my book. Pretty much proves that even in "Lemmingville" CA... psychos will still find a way to carry out heinous acts of savagry...

So Sacramento... how ya all feel about the A rating from the anti gunners now?

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Here... let's throw some MORE gasoline on the fire and get the sheep really scared!!! "OMG!!! people are actually building these things!!!!"
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Santa Monica gunman's weapon assembled in bedroom

By TAMI ABDOLLAH
From Associated Press
June 13, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The assault-style rifle used by a Santa Monica gunman to kill five people last week appears to have been put together using component parts. (????)
Two officials briefed on the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity say the semi-automatic weapon appears to be built with parts that are legal to obtain, but put together make the rifle illegal in California.

Investigators found a drill press in 23-year-old John Zawahri's room among other materials that indicate he likely assembled the weapon. (again..????)
The drill press is used to help finish building the rifle by drilling holes in the lower receiver.
Zawahri was carrying 1,300 rounds of ammunition in magazines that were capable of holding 30 rounds each.Such high-capacity magazines are illegal to purchase or transfer in California.
Source; http://enews.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20130613/ea2d592b-545f-48c4-84b2-6c35eb529d28

...How much speculator reporting and yellow journalism is being used here???
People Like This 
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Building it himself is sort of a POSSITIVE for our position in my book. Pretty much proves that even in "Lemmingville" CA... psychos will still find a way to carry out heinous acts of savagry...

Tack
That is true. It does illustrate that killers can and will find a way and there's no way to bury our heads in the sand and just legislate crazy away.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #43

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

AND ANOTHER THING....if everyone was allowed rifles, but HANDGUNS were illegal, what would be the effect on gun violence? I mean, if they actually enforced the handgun ban that is...

"Assault weapon" to "assault style" to "semi-auto"??? WTF?

In CA, if a semi-auto rifle has a grip, it IS an Assault Weapon! There are no if's, and's or but's about it! At least not when they enforce the F**KIN law. I can see my defense now, "But it wasn't an assault weapon, it was like only like an assault weapon, like ya know?"

Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
Are you kidding me! I bet my horse that if I were in the habit of ‘downloading bomb-making instructions’ from You-Tube videos and searching Google for such, Homeland Security would NOT deem it ‘just a fascination!'

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765631950/School-official-tells-of-gunmans-brush-with-law.html

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Police found bomb-making materials seven years ago in the home of the gunman who killed five people last week in Santa Monica, a school board official said on Tuesday.

Police discovered the materials after John Zawahri threatened fellow high school students in 2006, Oscar de la Torre, a member of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified school board, told The Associated Press.

The board was briefed by school administrators after police found Zawahri was learning to make explosives by downloading instructions from YouTube, de la Torre said.

"It was some type of devices or materials that would be able to make explosives, and the word 'pipe bombs' was what was referred to," he said. "If it was guns and stuff like that it would have been more serious, but because it was explosives, it wasn't deemed 'Oh my God,' just that this guy had a fascination."
THAT IS JUST SICK! And really goes to the entire ****ed up mind-set here! "If it were guns and stuff like that it would have been MORE serious"

MORE SERIOUS??? Guns more serious than a ****in BOMB?!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG with this guy??

Which other Californians are tempted to make a ****-load of bombs and bring them to the Statehouse when we have to turn in our rifles? Don't think there's a law AGAINST it. Chemicals and piping for enough explosives to leave no state legislater in the assembly uninjured costs less than $100 delivered to your door. Does anyone realize how many bombs a person could make for the cost of ammo used on just a few trips to the range?

But GUNS ARE MORE SERIOUS!!? Than bombs? Really?

God help us....
Old 06-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/lightbox/weapons-recovered-santa-monica-college-displayed-during-news-photo-032256599.html

“...LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police in Santa Monica, Calif., said that a suspected gunman carried the following weapons, ammunition and equipment during Friday's rampage that left four people dead and several others wounded. The items were found at several crime scenes and many were displayed at a news conference on Saturday.
— AR-15 assault-style rifle.
— Spare upper receiver for an assault-style rifle.
— .44 revolver.
— Duffel bag with magazines that had about 1,300 rounds of ammunition.
— Ballistic vest.
— Knee pads.
___
Source: Santa Monica Police Department….”

I can't be the only one thinking this...but do you suppose he earned the money for the ammo using the kneepads??? Just flashed through my mind...sorry, carry on.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBri View Post
I can't be the only one thinking this...but do you suppose he earned the money for the ammo using the kneepads??? Just flashed through my mind...sorry, carry on.
LOL! I think you were the only one thinking that. Good observation though. Maybe MSNBC will look into the ammo-for-blow-jobs connection and how it relates to gun control legislation. "Should we have a law banning ammo as payment for prostitution? tonight at 11."

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #47
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5666 Times on 2805 Posts
Likes Given: 6027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
Yup, we really do need to ban drill presses! Them things can be used to make illegal guns! Hell, I converted my M49 Ithaca lever action single shot 22 saddle gun into a 30/06 fully auto capable of spraying 400 rounds per minute or 2000' sniper shots with only a file and a tube of insta-auto-sear (available at most hardware stores for $4.99). Only took 15 minutes and I was blind drunk at the time!

Just think what someone could do with a vertical Mill????

Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
LOL! I think you were the only one thinking that. Good observation though. Maybe MSNBC will look into the ammo-for-blow-jobs connection and how it relates to gun control legislation. "Should we have a law banning ammo as payment for prostitution? tonight at 11."

LMAO!!!!

Prof