Santa Monica "Mass Shooting" - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Didn't NYC have 24 shootings just two weekends ago? I wonder if Bloomberg will limit the size of weekends, making them only 36 hours, or just ban them outright. Perhaps come up with a way to tax them away? Win-win!

I'd love to see a list of the descriptions of the shooters...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I think Mayor Bloombergs Food Nazis had to shoot 24 people. They found a 30 Oz. Dr. Pepper at a church picnic. They were forced execute everyone who possessed a Dixie cup.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I think Mayor Bloombergs Food Nazis had to shoot 24 people. They found a 30 Oz. Dr. Pepper at a church picnic. They were forced execute everyone who possessed a Dixie cup.
damned Dixie cups!

seriously Bloomberg is an idiot!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Considering that the vast majority of firearms-related murders in this country are young men using stolen or illegal guns capping each other over drugs and drug deals, you'd think the priority would be there...
The ol' Priority vs. Agenda political puzzle.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 677 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 394

Are you kidding me! I bet my horse that if I were in the habit of ‘downloading bomb-making instructions’ from You-Tube videos and searching Google for such, Homeland Security would NOT deem it ‘just a fascination!'

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765631950/School-official-tells-of-gunmans-brush-with-law.html

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Police found bomb-making materials seven years ago in the home of the gunman who killed five people last week in Santa Monica, a school board official said on Tuesday.

Police discovered the materials after John Zawahri threatened fellow high school students in 2006, Oscar de la Torre, a member of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified school board, told The Associated Press.

The board was briefed by school administrators after police found Zawahri was learning to make explosives by downloading instructions from YouTube, de la Torre said.

"It was some type of devices or materials that would be able to make explosives, and the word 'pipe bombs' was what was referred to," he said. "If it was guns and stuff like that it would have been more serious, but because it was explosives, it wasn't deemed 'Oh my God,' just that this guy had a fascination."

Old 06-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #36

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I remember the shooters neighbor stating the shooter was a troubled young man,can't help but wonder how his blood test turned out,also was the shooter taking antidepressants,with medical records being a privet matter,I guess we'll never know.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #37

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Didn't NYC have 24 shootings just two weekends ago? I wonder if Bloomberg will limit the size of weekends, making them only 36 hours, or just ban them outright. Perhaps come up with a way to tax them away? Win-win!

I'd love to see a list of the descriptions of the shooters...
You see this can't be true,guns are banned in New York City,New Yorkers never own guns,in all likeliness it's probably stray bullets fired in Chicago landing in New York City!

I'm a Liberal and have a Central Park Address,so I know better then you peon's,look see,I even have a Doorman.,
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #38

Liked 695 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Default ...and the fear fanning continues !!!

Here... let's throw some MORE gasoline on the fire and get the sheep really scared!!! "OMG!!! people are actually building these things!!!!"
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Santa Monica gunman's weapon assembled in bedroom

By TAMI ABDOLLAH
From Associated Press
June 13, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The assault-style rifle used by a Santa Monica gunman to kill five people last week appears to have been put together using component parts. (????)
Two officials briefed on the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity say the semi-automatic weapon appears to be built with parts that are legal to obtain, but put together make the rifle illegal in California.

Investigators found a drill press in 23-year-old John Zawahri's room among other materials that indicate he likely assembled the weapon. (again..????)
The drill press is used to help finish building the rifle by drilling holes in the lower receiver.
Zawahri was carrying 1,300 rounds of ammunition in magazines that were capable of holding 30 rounds each.Such high-capacity magazines are illegal to purchase or transfer in California.
Source; http://enews.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20130613/ea2d592b-545f-48c4-84b2-6c35eb529d28

...How much speculator reporting and yellow journalism is being used here???

Old 06-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #39
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Here... let's throw some MORE gasoline on the fire and get the sheep really scared!!! "OMG!!! people are actually building these things!!!!"
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Santa Monica gunman's weapon assembled in bedroom

By TAMI ABDOLLAH
From Associated Press
June 13, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The assault-style rifle used by a Santa Monica gunman to kill five people last week appears to have been put together using component parts. (????)
Two officials briefed on the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity say the semi-automatic weapon appears to be built with parts that are legal to obtain, but put together make the rifle illegal in California.

Investigators found a drill press in 23-year-old John Zawahri's room among other materials that indicate he likely assembled the weapon. (again..????)
The drill press is used to help finish building the rifle by drilling holes in the lower receiver.
Zawahri was carrying 1,300 rounds of ammunition in magazines that were capable of holding 30 rounds each.Such high-capacity magazines are illegal to purchase or transfer in California.
Source; http://enews.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20130613/ea2d592b-545f-48c4-84b2-6c35eb529d28

...How much speculator reporting and yellow journalism is being used here???
I think Don Henley summed ^this^ up perfectly in the song Dirty Laundry:

" I could have been an actor, but I wound up here. I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear........"

What do we expect from a liberal reported who, in all likelyhood, has never shot a firearm. Much less built one.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

^^^ I can see it now:

This just in. If you thought printing a gun was scary, wait till you find out how this killer assembled a machine gun from parts .....already made!

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This