Santa Monica "Mass Shooting" - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Wolf, one thing i do know, that placing more restrictions, bans or gun control laws is not the answer. i do also believe that yes there does need to be more close monitoring of those individuals that are mentally unstable or unbalanced. but who is to do it? that is one very tricky and slippery slope and i, myself am not in any way qualified to really give an eduacated opinion about it. but there does not need to be any government agency involved in deciding who is mentally capable of owning a firearm. IMO, they would try to make all of us incapable of owning any firearm.
The problem (sigh) once again isn't a lack of regulations of guns or crazy people, it's a matter of priorities. Too much attention, money and time is placed on the end-result of crazy and not supporting the infrastructure we already have in place to deal with them.

case in point: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/17/nevada-buses-mentally-ill/2091727/

It's all money being spent either way. The problem is that we're spending it on the back end through endless liberty-stripping regulations, incarceration and police overtime to clean up the mess when we could be spending the same money (not more) on the front end. How about more education, public awareness campaigns and proper treatment of the mentally unstable? Just for kicks: Instead of looking for more things to regulate and spend money on, lets throw in some damned vigilance too. That's always free anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Don't just assume all libertarians are conspiracy crackpots.
thank you

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by JonM; 06-10-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removed flame war quote
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #22

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The AR-15 was shown field stripped? The Navy Arms Modern Reproduction .44 Caliber 1858 Remington loaded with bullets not round balls? It may be a cartridge conversion?
There is something very strange about this report? It seems 6 people were killed by a man high on Marijuana with his Caterpillar tractor. Obama refuses to enforce Federal Drug laws. No mention of these deaths.
7point62 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #23

Liked 3104 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 2880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I doubt that the antis will hit on this incident too heavily. Since it happened in Kalifornia where so called "assault weapons" are already heavily regulated the antis would have to admit that this kind of regulation does not work.

That makes perfect sense. Exactly why they will do it anyway. Nothing they do makes sense.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2454 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 3903

Quote:
The AR-15 was shown field stripped?
The scumbag had an extra AR-15 upper. The AR-15 used in the murders is shown in the video of him entering the library.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6667 Times on 3547 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Prolly not seeing a lot about it asits likely another muslim shouting allah ackbar as he is shooting...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Obama refuses to enforce Federal Drug laws. No mention of these deaths.

Considering that the vast majority of firearms-related murders in this country are young men using stolen or illegal guns capping each other over drugs and drug deals, you'd think the priority would be there...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #27

Some pics of unfired ,223 ammo used by the shooter. Are they some kind of special ammo, or just the usual ball rounds?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #28

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

XM177/CAR spare upper, couple blue mags, and a (black powder?) revolver. Oh brother this is wierd......

Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #29

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Just saw that it's PMC ammo. Hope they don't get hate mail and death threats from idiots.
People Like This 
Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #30

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I doubt that the antis will hit on this incident too heavily. Since it happened in Kalifornia where so called "assault weapons" are already heavily regulated the antis would have to admit that this kind of regulation does not work.
If they do.. They'll have to address this story from today as well (which they won't):
1 Dead, Four Wounded in Englewood Drive-By
One woman was killed and four others wounded in a drive-by shooting in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood on Monday evening. April McDaniel, 18, was shot in the throat, authorities said, when gunfire erupted just before 5 p.m. on the 5700 block of South Sangamon Avenue.

The shooting also wounded a 15-year-old boy in the right leg, an 18-year-old man in the abdomen area, a 20-year-old man in the left hand and right knee and a 21-year-old man in the left leg, police said. Paramedics initially took two people in critical condition to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and two people in serious condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs. Fire Department officials said the 21-year-old man made it on his own to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center.

Elsewhere, shootings injured four others.
Full story: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52162427

I'm sure someone from the White House will attend the funeral... Start talking about "addressing violence"... but (again) ignore the facts that 1) Chicago has gun control laws already (that don't work)...and 2) this is an issue of gangs/drugs/criminals/resistivism... NOT GUNS!! I'm personally getting sick of grave site grandstanding to push a politically motivated agenda with the media used as a propaganda tool. ...and yes, the pictures of the Santa Monica weapons "stash" are puzzling to me as well. Looks like they went into the evidence room and just grabbed "whatever" to fit the paranoia fuel they needed....