Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Santa Monica "Mass Shooting"

Will the Left, with the media, use this as the latest excuse to attack citizens owning AR's, etc.? Can they keep it fresh long enough to have it in the headlines on Monday too!?

Set a house on fire. Kill people (including Dad and brother!?). Wearing a bullet-proof vest. Ya know -- like everyone with a gun does!

"Same weapon as Sandy Hook." Will they again claim the Constitution obviously needs to be shreded?

Has the DNC already sent all the faxes and made all its phone calls to activate their 5th Column, the 4th Estate? Not "let a good crisis go to waste" to take IRS' targeting conservatives, Benghazi, and Eric Holder's shuck and jive with illegal Justice Dept. eavesdropping off the front page for a few days!?

Or is the public sick of it and the White House and Leftists have lost their anti-gun credibility?

Any predictions!?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 06-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 587 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 2498

Of course I feel for those hurt by that nut.
So many lives ruined.
And yes,
all the anti's love this.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #3

Liked 2292 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 501

California has am ammo permit bill going up. Probably better chance of it passing the house and governors desk now.

Have to apply for a permit to buy ammo, could be denied, costs 50 bucks and can't buy more than 3000 rounds.

combine this with the new ammo microstamping requirements for new firearms and other bills they have to close loopholes for detachable mags and California will be back to black powder and frontier era firearms only.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

sad situation indeed. will the liberal gun haters and media use this to their advantage? quite possible.

but still the problem isn't the firearms used, but the nutcase using them.

here's a link to some current information from Yahoo news.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/santa-monica-shooting-gunman-kills-four-070118541.html#kpKhQrC

Old 06-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #5

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1977

Am I the only one who sees the timing of all these

events as stunningly convenient for the gun grabbers?

OH, look! ANOTHER Mental Health patient.

AM I the only one thinking if more responsible

citizens had guns, and Mental Patients were

more closely monitored, these events would be less

likely to happen?

Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Am I the only one who sees the timing of all these

events as stunningly convenient for the gun grabbers?

OH, look! ANOTHER Mental Health patient.

AM I the only one thinking if more responsible

citizens had guns, and Mental Patients were

more closely monitored, these events would be less

likely to happen?
Wolf, one thing i do know, that placing more restrictions, bans or gun control laws is not the answer. i do also believe that yes there does need to be more close monitoring of those individuals that are mentally unstable or unbalanced. but who is to do it? that is one very tricky and slippery slope and i, myself am not in any way qualified to really give an eduacated opinion about it. but there does not need to be any government agency involved in deciding who is mentally capable of owning a firearm. IMO, they would try to make all of us incapable of owning any firearm.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #7

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I doubt that the antis will hit on this incident too heavily. Since it happened in Kalifornia where so called "assault weapons" are already heavily regulated the antis would have to admit that this kind of regulation does not work.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I doubt that the antis will hit on this incident too heavily. Since it happened in Kalifornia where so called "assault weapons" are already heavily regulated the antis would have to admit that this kind of regulation does not work.
very good point Warrior! i agree.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #9

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256
Very true. The first time I saw this story in the media, the rifle was an "assault rifle". A bit later it became "an assault style rifle" and the next day it was "a semi automatic rifle". When I saw the first headline, I wondered how it could be an "assault" rifle as they are banned as are detachable mags. No gun control story exists here.
Terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to all that were affected.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #10

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by msup752 View Post
Very true. The first time I saw this story in the media, the rifle was an "assault rifle". A bit later it became "an assault style rifle" and the next day it was "a semi automatic rifle". When I saw the first headline, I wondered how it could be an "assault" rifle as they are banned as are detachable mags. No gun control story exists here.
Terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to all that were affected.
Not so sure... I don't have TV but heard the agencies were putting all the latest psycho's weapons, high capacity magazines, and 1,300 rounds of ammo in a display for the press under a picture of a crocodile crying bloody tears...

Can someone confirm and post that here!?