Santa Fe City Council to Vote on Banning Magazines over 10 rounds - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Santa Fe City Council to Vote on Banning Magazines over 10 rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? The American Revolution started with only a couple of guys agreeing on it.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6679 Times on 3349 Posts
Likes Given: 7209

Seems odd that a southern border state would be so restrictive considering the influx of folks from across that border that probably wont follow mag restrictions any more than respecting our sovereignty! Santa Fe and Alb are retirement and vacation Mecca's so they do like to present themselves as safe and well controlled but me thinks thats a lie! My Grandparents lived there for 35 years so Ive been to both quite a few times and my recollection of the news included allot of crime, drunken Indians in Pickup Trucks were some of the biggest offenders. When it comes down to it, Alb has some real issues that are gonna be its demise, the biggest one being water and their lack of it.

The Revolution is coming but its not gonna resemble the last one in too many ways, revolt will look a bit different in the 21st century. Those who partake of our rights liberally today will be blacklisted and defunded tomorrow. The only way to win our freedoms back is to cut off the money they use to take them away. Their money comes from big business and they do what BB says, right now were still buying their garbage so they are empowered to keep it up. Its time to start voting with our feet and wallet, not just once every 2 years, every single day.

Did everyone forget Costa's rambling? The NFL is still billions ahead, how come? We really need to start realizing our power.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2005 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 4222

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Seems odd that a southern border state would be so restrictive considering the influx of folks from across that border that probably wont follow mag restrictions any more than respecting our sovereignty! Santa Fe and Alb are retirement and vacation Mecca's so they do like to present themselves as safe and well controlled but me thinks thats a lie! My Grandparents lived there for 35 years so Ive been to both quite a few times and my recollection of the news included allot of crime, drunken Indians in Pickup Trucks were some of the biggest offenders. When it comes down to it, Alb has some real issues that are gonna be its demise, the biggest one being water and their lack of it.

The Revolution is coming but its not gonna resemble the last one in too many ways, revolt will look a bit different in the 21st century. Those who partake of our rights liberally today will be blacklisted and defunded tomorrow. The only way to win our freedoms back is to cut off the money they use to take them away. Their money comes from big business and they do what BB says, right now were still buying their garbage so they are empowered to keep it up. Its time to start voting with our feet and wallet, not just once every 2 years, every single day.

Did everyone forget Costa's rambling? The NFL is still billions ahead, how come? We really need to start realizing our power.
Santa Fe is gone very liberal! Yes, you do have the older conservatives and independents still living in the city limits. The last time I drove in Santa Fe, a good amount of cars were lefty, peace and the coexist bumper stickers to name a few.

The drunken drivers is across the board, not one specific gender, race or even nationality! It is bad!

Crime is an issue, of course, Mayor Berry of Albuquerque is cracking down; but, again you have the lefty mindset that does not approve of it. The biggest thing is some of these liberal judges soft on convicting criminals, drunk driving, etc. Not sure about Santa Fe, that place is too expensive too live.

The lame stream news media in the state is not the friendly ones to conservatives and independents.

Water is an issue here and across the southwest. Wish we could pipe some of the water from the over water area's; but, that is a major under taking. We are in a drought stage; the city did a massive project on building some arroyo's around the city. When getting stationed at Kirtland in 2008 the monsoon season was nasty, folks hated it and fire rescue was on overtime fishing folks out of the arroyo's.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6679 Times on 3349 Posts
Likes Given: 7209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Santa Fe is gone very liberal! Yes, you do have the older conservatives and independents still living in the city limits. The last time I drove in Santa Fe, a good amount of cars were lefty, peace and the coexist bumper stickers to name a few.

The drunken drivers is across the board, not one specific gender, race or even nationality! It is bad!

Crime is an issue, of course, Mayor Berry of Albuquerque is cracking down; but, again you have the lefty mindset that does not approve of it. The biggest thing is some of these liberal judges soft on convicting criminals, drunk driving, etc. Not sure about Santa Fe, that place is too expensive too live.

The lame stream news media in the state is not the friendly ones to conservatives and independents.

Water is an issue here and across the southwest. Wish we could pipe some of the water from the over water area's; but, that is a major under taking. We are in a drought stage; the city did a massive project on building some arroyo's around the city. When getting stationed at Kirtland in 2008 the monsoon season was nasty, folks hated it and fire rescue was on overtime fishing folks out of the arroyo's.
I thought those aroyos were pretty cool looking but I saw them when they were dry!

The first time we went there I was about 8, Rio Rancho was just breaking ground and the city of Alb was 1/3 the size it is now. In 40 years, it grew like a weed and still has the same water reserves it had than before the growth began (and less, the Rio Grande is just a trickle now comparatively) . At some point, water will be worth more than silver and that wont be a good thing for homeowners.

With that explosion of growth came lots of crime, middle/ upper class retirees are pretty easy targets and they make up the lion-share of the non native legal citizens there now. It seems shortsighted to disallow these people the full right to SD by limiting legal access when they cant likely defend themselves physically against aggression.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2005 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 4222

Default Update: Santa Fe Gun Ban Shot Down

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/politics/santa-fe-votes-down-gun-magazine-ban_6314893

SANTA FE (KRQE) - Santa Fe will not limit how big gun magazines can be.

The decision comes after a plan to ban on high capacity automatic gun ammunition magazines was shot down at a packed city hall meeting Wednesday night.

"The state constitution is very clear that in no way can it be regulated by anybody,” Thomas Iddings said. “But it's not the magazines that are the problem. It's criminals."

"I don't think it's a constitutional issue,” Paul Schmitt said. “I think it's an inconvenience that people have to change their magazines. We're not limiting weaponry."

If it had passed, the ban would have allowed people to keep magazines that carry more than 10 bullets if they already own them, but not buy anymore in the city.

Counselors voted the plan down six to two.

The police chief said it would have been tough to enforce.

The mayor reiterated his support for the bill and his disappointment at the council's vote.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3081231.shtml?cat=500

Santa Fe City Council voted down a proposed ban on large capacity gun magazines on Wednesday night.

More than 165 residents packed into city hall to give their two cents about the proposed ordinance. If the ban had passed, it would have eliminated gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The touchy resolution failed with a vote of 6-2. The only councilors in favor were Patti Bushee and Chris Calvert.