Sandy Hook, Guns and Hard Questions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Sandy Hook, Guns and Hard Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 120 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Sandy Hook, Guns and Hard Questions

I finally decided to add a bit of commentary of my own on the Sandy Hook tragedy, with a focus on asking some hard questions about the larger issues, as I see them, involved in this tragedy.

How and why was a clearly very mentally ill young man, who was obsessed with his severe violent computer gaming addition, and was about to be institutionalized, able so easily to gain access to firearms to begin with? Banning guns is the kneejerk emotional reaction to the situation, but it does not deal with the deeper issues raised by the whole incident.

Here are my thoughts on the whole situation, for what is worth:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Yeah- We really need one more ------------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET