A Sad, Sad Day.... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A Sad, Sad Day....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
He does live in Illinois, and while our "political climate" isn't gun friendly his offense was in Florida.
Could the Florida Gov help him if he's now an Illinois resident?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #42

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxdogVF213 View Post
THought about that, trying to get her slammed for fraud or something like that since the others were shown as not My fault even though I payed em but I did that so it would go away and the judges just want the money paid somehow, all about the cash so I was all about making it go away. Figured I pay the crap and it all goes away, dont have to deal with any BS or deal with the ex, And it did work untill the VERY LAST ONE, then bamm.. Sometimes its just easier to pay a few grand and return to your reg life.

And I agree, I just dont understand why a person slammed with a crime that is so stupid and pointless, specially whenit has to do with something non violent, the way they throw laws up every week, its so easy for even the best of a person to get slammed with a felony, and thats fine, people make mistakes but why the hell does said person who made a stupid mistake have to be lumped in with a rapist or murderer? I mean lets say all this I did and there was no ex involved, STILL, why should the person loose thier rights over bouncing a check?? I mean from what i read and My lawyer told Me, if a check is over 300 bucks its a felony. I mean come on, thats what I spend per trip at the grocers, things happen, people make mistakes, read thier statements wrong or something, but I guess they would have got the notice and taken care of it before it escelated to the court point but I was gone and they said it wasnt "Important enough" of a crime to come looking for Me in other states, was a florida bench warrent so they didnt even find it important enough to look for Me in any way, not like I went into hiding, I have a mortgage, car loans, Illinois Drivers liscense, and I even got a FOID Card when I first moved here for god sake! They said I got that cause at the time non of this was even an issue, was still being pushed around as paper in the courts.. IM very easy to find.. Yet its important enough to take away My rights as a 35 year upstanding Citizen with never even getting tickets.. Thanks Good Ole US Laws! I swear its a way of them taking away our rights to own guns, its all they care about taking away since I can get all My other rights back rather easy but to own a gun even after an appeal I hear its a nightmare to get those back.
Well, OP, I had a similar incident in my past, and she danced away

clean leaving me holding the bag, too. Wiped me out financially at the time.

I guess as long as you have mammary glands the courts don't care what

kind of crimes you commit.

Looks like you just became a leading advocate for defunding and disbanding

the BATFE, and repealing it's laws...

IMHO, moving back to Florida would probably help, but the long and short

of it is, the way the laws work now, you're going to have to plead long,

hard, and repeatedly for a pardon. Don't overlook asking the help

of your local Congressman and Senator. In many instances like

these they can be a great help.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #43

Likes Given: 7

Default Person to contact

I would Google and contact Jon H. Gutmacher. From what I hear he is the #1 authority on Florida gun laws. He has written several books on FL gun laws. If he is too expensive, he may be able to steer you in the direction you can afford to get your rights back.

-Bob

Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I smell something funky here. You did not sign the checks, but you were held responsible? Sounds like BS to me. You can be civilly liable, but not criminally. Felony? How big were the checks? Not all bounced checks in Florida are Felonies. That smell, that acrid smell...smells like...Troll.

Lets all get together and post on an open public forum how to break Federal firearms laws. Give suggestions to a convicted Felon on how to break the law. Said "Felon" then takes such suggestions out of context to show how were are all bad people. Or use it as evidence in a civil case against the Admin because some dumbazz did something he was told on this site.
Im sorry, are you implying that I am making this all up and I am trying to somehow get advice on how to break and get around federal laws to own a firearm? As in I have nothing better to do all day then just randomly come on to a website and try and get some kind of ball rolling against this site? Im thinking I read something wrong cause that is one odd post..
Also, not to happy on being called a "dumbazz" by a site moderator, but i guess everyone is entitled to their own thoughts..
Read up on some florida law before you go running around calling Me some liar and a troll, whatever that means.
And as I stated My lawyer is in the process of trying to appeal the conviction and take it to wherever it needs to be taken, this all just happen and I dont live in Florida to do all the leg work Myself, I have a career and a family to support here in Illinois so I have to be here to take care of them and let My Lawyer take care of what he is paid to take care of... Not like I am just going to lay down and scream defeat..

I just walked in the door, sat down and checked email, and seen the post and I really hope I was just reading things wrong, and if so I appologize. I am not some idiot that takes everything everyone says and runs with it as something to do nor am I hear looking for trouble form people, I am here sharing what happen to Me with fellow gun owners and lovers to get a kinda "Outside view" but in no way think whatever one says is LAW and How can I beat it, as much as I GREATLY appreciate everyone time to help Me with advice, unless My lawyer says its so and its what to do, I dont do it.

Last edited by MaxdogVF213; 01-03-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #45

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

??? Please excuse my ignorance.

Were you on a ship or Naval base somewhere when at least some of the checks were written?
Can you get documentation to that effect?
Can you show that to the appropriate authorities?
They might then be interested in an introduction to your ex.
Would you be able to accommodate them?

Should you be able to arrange such an introduction, I expect it would generate some amount of official paperwork.
You might wish to share this paperwork with the judge, or the supervising judge, or someone in media with a vested interest in filling their news hole.

Are the judges concerned elected or appointed?
If appointed are the people who appoint them elected?
They might find themselves motivated to assist you in rectifing your situation.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Vincine; 01-04-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #46

My Lawyer was able to get all the documentation that I was not even around for it all and is why they were dropped as long as they were paid, cant recall what its called, something withheld so it wasnt on My record and I wasnt "Convicted", Was 3 judges as in florida they are seperated by Felony and Misdomeaner and the Misdomeaners I was let off on as long as was paid and was 2 Felony checks, one was in a differ part of the court cause of what it was written for and the amount and the smaller of the 2 Felonies was the one htat I got blasted with, as I said for some reason she was making an example of Me, but again My Lawyer is working on the appeal and making the necessary phone calls to get this worked out. Just hope it all WORKS OUT.. Maybe it can be taken to a doffer judge or taken to a higher judge.. I dont know, not a lawyer so only time will tell..
But in the mean time I am going to have My Brother inlaw hold on to everything so I am not asking for trouble, He is a great friend and family as we go shooting all the time together and he has basicly an armory so Im not worried about him stealing My Guns or doing anything bad with em.. Guess the good ole basball bat will have to do for home protection in the mean time.. Maybe I can get a sword or like many of you guys have suggested, a crossbow or maybe a Paintball or Pellet Gun..lol. Maybe buy a blank gun and hope it scares the hell out of em and I hope they dont have a real gun..

And yes, I was on the Theodore Roosevelt most of My time..

Last edited by MaxdogVF213; 01-03-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #47

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

I AM sorry for your trouble.

Seeing as your lawyer has all the appropriate documentation, and is an officer of the court, has your ex had the opportunity to become acquainted with representatives of the fraud squad?

Last edited by Vincine; 01-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #48

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Get a battle axe as a standby.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I AM sorry for your trouble.

Seeing as your lawyer has all the appropriate documentation, and is an officer of the court, has your ex had the opportunity to become acquainted with representatives of the fraud squad?
I think My Lawyer said after we get things settled, the important things such as My Rights, He is going to open a case or try and have the DA open one against her but from what I understand she is kinda " Gone Off the grid" but dont know that 100%.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Max,

I have dear friend that just went through a similar experience. He was a corporate management employee who got caught up in the middle of a situation. He happened to see two e-mails that were not sent directly to him but was just in corporate distribution and for that matter he had no involvement or authority in the incident. And they charged him with two felonies because he saw the e-mails and did not take action. He was a collector and had to sell all of his weapons collection. He can not even have a weapon in his home and is awaiting possible sentencing. And I believe after sentencing and what ever is the result when he is completed that he can have a bow and etc. But not now while he is waiting. He could not even get a job due to his pending situation and he would not lie when he went to several interviews. He like you has always been an outstanding honest person and a very religious and good man. Never even had a speeding ticket to my knowledge not that that is bad. My heart goes out to you as well as him. They literaly co-hearsed him into pleading guilty of the charges by advising him he had so much time (1 Hour) to make his mind up or they were going to research and probably file more felonies on him. His attorney went along with it! Total sell out! I have been a LE Officer retired after 27 years of service and I am here to go on record it was a true atrocity of justice. As from what you mentioned yours has been. I have been on him to go back after the conviction to have it overturned due to a true case of co-hearsion not doubt. But he is frightened to do that! He does not totally understand the ramifications of the issue and believes he may get probation only! "Maybe for God sake I hope that is all he gets! As mentioned we here most of us are not attorneys and do not claim to be. But with your ability to document your time in service, location and lack of knowledge of the issue as previously mentioned by one of the others her, I would look for loopholds and take it back to trial if possible. And certainly try in another court or jurisdiction to overturn the conviction. Seems to me according to law there must be intent to commit a felony or crime as well as knowledge and failure to act regarding the situation before they could pass judgement.
You have documented proof you were not there that can be confirmed by the military and even your commander and other factors. Good Luck and very sorry to hear of your situation.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy