A Sad, Sad Day.... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A Sad, Sad Day....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Cant sue her, she doesnt have a pot tp piss in and havent spoke to her since the divorce and I moved out, thankfully we were renting so was no "Stuff issues" and no kids so When I found out I just laughed and up and left. At the time I could careless, Im the type that is more attatched to My Dog and Guns then I am to people.. Sad to say but Dogs and Guns NEVER let ya down..lol. Guns may jam, dogs may bark when hungry but can always easy fix My Guns and feed My dog and all is happy again.
Anyways, when I left I closed all the accounts My name was on and took My name off everything house wise and that was that till the divorce hearing, she was getting the bounced check notices and throwing them out so I never knew, and plus I moved out of state so nothing ever got to Me till I got puilled over on vacation and BAMM.
Needless to say this judge I got wanted to make some kind of example out of Me cause My lawyer made it clear I needed to fix things so I didnt loose My rights as I was a gun collector and an upstanding citizen who has never done anything wrong, but according to him She, the judge thought it was wrong of Me to up and leave EVEN THOUGH she cheateed on Me, she cared NOTHING about My Military Career, and basicly said I was "Getting off the hook" by the other judges and it "Wasnt happening with her".
So My lawyer is trying to take it to a higher level I guess... Is just all damn BS, couldnt sleep all night with this crap in My head.. Maybe I can move to some nice small country where they could careless..lol. Live in the Outback like Croc Dundee and walk around covered in My Guns and its the norm..

In all honesty though I am greatful tro all of you out there, for all your support. Is just proof that all of us Gun Owners and Lovers arent just "Thugs with guns" as most who dont understand the Love of Firearms like to call us.

Last edited by MaxdogVF213; 01-03-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #32

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You may not be able to sue the hussy and get anything, but with all those other charges dismissed I would undone there is some kind of legal action you can take, maybe have her ass put in jail for a little bit. Payback.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #33

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Man...this is grim. It's certainly chicken**** of the judge...certain felonies should be re-classified. Why should you be lumped into the same penalty as a violent felon?...sad....wish I had some good advice.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #34

THought about that, trying to get her slammed for fraud or something like that since the others were shown as not My fault even though I payed em but I did that so it would go away and the judges just want the money paid somehow, all about the cash so I was all about making it go away. Figured I pay the crap and it all goes away, dont have to deal with any BS or deal with the ex, And it did work untill the VERY LAST ONE, then bamm.. Sometimes its just easier to pay a few grand and return to your reg life.

And I agree, I just dont understand why a person slammed with a crime that is so stupid and pointless, specially whenit has to do with something non violent, the way they throw laws up every week, its so easy for even the best of a person to get slammed with a felony, and thats fine, people make mistakes but why the hell does said person who made a stupid mistake have to be lumped in with a rapist or murderer? I mean lets say all this I did and there was no ex involved, STILL, why should the person loose thier rights over bouncing a check?? I mean from what i read and My lawyer told Me, if a check is over 300 bucks its a felony. I mean come on, thats what I spend per trip at the grocers, things happen, people make mistakes, read thier statements wrong or something, but I guess they would have got the notice and taken care of it before it escelated to the court point but I was gone and they said it wasnt "Important enough" of a crime to come looking for Me in other states, was a florida bench warrent so they didnt even find it important enough to look for Me in any way, not like I went into hiding, I have a mortgage, car loans, Illinois Drivers liscense, and I even got a FOID Card when I first moved here for god sake! They said I got that cause at the time non of this was even an issue, was still being pushed around as paper in the courts.. IM very easy to find.. Yet its important enough to take away My rights as a 35 year upstanding Citizen with never even getting tickets.. Thanks Good Ole US Laws! I swear its a way of them taking away our rights to own guns, its all they care about taking away since I can get all My other rights back rather easy but to own a gun even after an appeal I hear its a nightmare to get those back.

Last edited by MaxdogVF213; 01-03-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

max, i feel your pain and wish i had some better advise. i would stay with a lawyer and to try and resolve this matter the legal way and see if the lawyer can get it overturned at a higher level. another thing, i would also have the lawyer file a lawsuit against your ex-wife for damages and legal fees even though she has nothing for two reasons, one for general principal for the fact that through her pettyness and stupidity she screwed up your life, and two, even though she has nothing if you were to win the lawsuit, they would file a judgement against her for any future assets, such as if she were to win the lottery, or possibly inherit a large sum of money or property. just my advice. i wish you luck and keep your head up, and remember, we appreciate the service you did for our country.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #36

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I am not an attorney, but while reading your story, the thing that kept ringing in the back of my head is why in the world you can't take it to a court of appeals. It's a criminal case (obviously) so you can absolutely appeal the ruling. Just make sure your attorney tells the appeals judge to examine the other instances where the tickets were thrown out, that way it can be used against this obviously whore of a judge that convicted you on one single instance.

I know the system is screwed up from time to time, but i'm still a believer that if you didn't do the crime, you can prove it and win...it might be a long road and you'll have to deal with a bunch of non sense that simply is not fair that an innocent person should have to deal with, but at the very least, you can clear your name.

Then see if you can't sue your ex-wife for the grief she caused you =) (you may not get anything big, but when you win, and sue her again for garnishments, you could end up getting 20% of her wages for a very long time if you played your cards right)

Thats the route i'd pursue if I was in your situation...but i'm vindictive as hell.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 01-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #37

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
snip

Thats the route i'd pursue if I was in your situation...but i'm vindictive as hell.
The man now has a felony record, its high time to be vindictive I'd say.

OP, this can screw you in many ways. It can hold back jobs, I think it shows up on your credit, if you have VA benefits by any chance it can screw that up too. Those are just a few off the top of my head. Do everything you can to get this crap fixed.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3358 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I smell something funky here. You did not sign the checks, but you were held responsible? Sounds like BS to me. You can be civilly liable, but not criminally. Felony? How big were the checks? Not all bounced checks in Florida are Felonies. That smell, that acrid smell...smells like...Troll.

Lets all get together and post on an open public forum how to break Federal firearms laws. Give suggestions to a convicted Felon on how to break the law. Said "Felon" then takes such suggestions out of context to show how were are all bad people. Or use it as evidence in a civil case against the Admin because some dumbazz did something he was told on this site.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #39

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
That smell, that acrid smell...smells like...Troll.
I got odd looks at the office for laughing loudly when I read that.

In all seriousness, however, the OP didn't strike me as a troll...though it's certainly possible.

I'm a retail manager and I can say from experience I've seen cases of people getting in trouble because a family member grabbed their checkbook and went around writing bad checks. We've even submitted evidence before in support of the name of the person on the checks, because our cameras clearly showed someone entirely different writing the checks.

Luckily, that scumbag P.O.S. got caught and is currently serving time for check fraud (it is a felony, at least in Illinois, for anything over I believe $300) and is actually an even bigger felony if bad checks were written across state lines (not sure if that was the OPs case or not)

But regardless, unless I missed something, I didn't see the OP asking for advice of how to get away with writing bad checks

But, that being said, if the OP is indeed legitimate in his story, then there are absolutely ways to get out of this. Take it to the court of appeals. After you clear your name, sue your ex-wife into the poor house. Make sure she spends time.

A handwriting expert is all it takes to clear your name.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondhand_Hero View Post
Why don't you test simple loopholes? 'Sell' your guns to a friend and you should still be in the clear for playtime, just make sure you're not caught alone with one
If things happened as you claim and FL law holds you accountable for someone kiting your checks...

To be in simple "possession" or control of a firearm OR ammunition is now a federal beef. If he is caught out shooting with friends...he is screwed.

It REALLY sucks man. I am sorry as all hell this happened to you.

I am normally a "**** the felon" and his gun rights guy...but you are truly in the "screwed by no fault of your own" group.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Last edited by AZL; 01-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Newest Threads