Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   A Sad, Sad Day.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/sad-sad-day-54651/)

MaxdogVF213 01-02-2012 11:13 PM

A Sad, Sad Day....

Well today is a day I shall remember for the rest of My life as the worst by far. I have come to this site for a long time reading and enjoying posts by fellow gun owners and lovers but sadly those days are over for Me.. After a Messy divorce from My Ex wife, her cheating on Me while I was in the Navy I sadly come to find out, 6 years later I had a warrent for My arrest in Florida! Seems she bounced checks on My bank acct many years ago and since they were bench warrents and I since moved shortly after divorce and Naval Discharge, they never "Came after Me," Well My Wife and I were on vacation in florida visiting My parents when I was pulled over and arrested, well living in Florida at that time it is a felony to bounce a check, and even though I didnt write the checks, I was the primary on the acct so I was held responsable. Well long story short I was convicted of only one of the 7 check charges and it was a Felony, the rest My lawyer got thrown out due to cercumstances and agreed to pay them to make it go away, but one was with a different judge for some reason, So after 7 months of My lawyer trying to prove I was not there at the time, and did so, the female judge STILL convicted Me with just enough BS that I lost My Gun rights but nothing else, I almost think that was her goal, saw no jail no nothing as I instantly paid everything off but still left Me with a Felony Conviction. I just dont know what to do anymore, your looking at a life long NRA Member that attends local fund raisers for NRA related events, an antique and modern Firearm collector and an all around LIFE TIME LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, and huge lover of Firearms. So now what?? I have to get rid of all My guns? I can no longer protect My family? What The Hell Kind Of Country Has This Become???

downsouth 01-02-2012 11:25 PM

Man my heart goes out to you.

Secondhand_Hero 01-02-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxdogVF213
Well today is a day I shall remember for the rest of My life as the worst by far. I have come to this site for a long time reading and enjoying posts by fellow gun owners and lovers but sadly those days are over for Me.. After a Messy divorce from My Ex wife, her cheating on Me while I was in the Navy I sadly come to find out, 6 years later I had a warrent for My arrest in Florida! Seems she bounced checks on My bank acct many years ago and since they were bench warrents and I since moved shortly after divorce and Naval Discharge, they never "Came after Me," Well My Wife and I were on vacation in florida visiting My parents when I was pulled over and arrested, well living in Florida at that time it is a felony to bounce a check, and even though I didnt write the checks, I was the primary on the acct so I was held responsable. Well long story short I was convicted of only one of the 7 check charges and it was a Felony, the rest My lawyer got thrown out due to cercumstances and agreed to pay them to make it go away, but one was with a different judge for some reason, So after 7 months of My lawyer trying to prove I was not there at the time, and did so, the female judge STILL convicted Me with just enough BS that I lost My Gun rights but nothing else, I almost think that was her goal, saw no jail no nothing as I instantly paid everything off but still left Me with a Felony Conviction. I just dont know what to do anymore, your looking at a life long NRA Member that attends local fund raisers for NRA related events, an antique and modern Firearm collector and an all around LIFE TIME LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, and huge lover of Firearms. So now what?? I have to get rid of all My guns? I can no longer protect My family? What The Hell Kind Of Country Has This Become???

Why don't you test simple loopholes? 'Sell' your guns to a friend and you should still be in the clear for playtime, just make sure you're not caught alone with one

Vikingdad 01-02-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secondhand_Hero (Post 665749)
Why don't you test simple loopholes? 'Sell' your guns to a friend and you should still be in the clear for playtime, just make sure you're not caught alone with one

I would "sell" your collection to a friend and then look into getting a pardon for the felony. Not sure how it works, but worth looking into. I would not recommend possessing a firearm in any way shape of form in the meantime. Getting caught would only compound the problem.

MaxdogVF213 01-02-2012 11:52 PM

Thanks to all for the ideas and I do have other lawyers looking for options to restore My God Given Constitutional Rights that not only our ancestors but I My Self GLADLY Risked My Life to defend, but it still comes to the most primal reason for owning a Firearm and thats the security of knowing that no matter who or what breaks through My door I can and will defend My family and home with either My last breath or the last round in My Magazine.

Sorry for sounding so dramatic but I have never played the "What do I get for defending our great nation" but damn am I pissed I cant even KEEP what I fought for.

gmaster456 01-03-2012 12:00 AM

How is this even possible? Weren't you overseas defending this country when this happened? This is sickening. In the meantime, can you own a crossbow, or a pellet gun? Its better than nothing. But yes, I agree, its terrible that you have lost the rights you have worked so hard to defend. My heart goes out to you.

MaxdogVF213 01-03-2012 12:24 AM

Think I can own anything still that isnt concidered a "Firearm" Meaning it cant use any kind of "Explosion to propel a projectile" or some stupid terminology like that.
Isnt it sad that the laws of this contry are so cut and dry when it comes to the opportunity to take away someones "Rights" Seems they are so eager to get the chance to take away a citizens rights and control you to do things their way and their way ONLY.. I mean hell, they have made Me sound like some "Fight the Man" hippy and the sad part is I never paid any attention to this sort of thing before as I never EVER had any desire to do anything that could break the laws of this great nation and jeapardize My right to have My guns and Ofcourse Protect My Family so I was blind to what goes on seemingly everyday in the US if you do the slightest thing wrong.. I am just so confused on what is right and what is wrong anymore....

Rick1967 01-03-2012 12:29 AM

Wouldn't you be able to own a black powder revolver? That is not legally a modern firearm. I would look into it. That is a lot of fun.

MaxdogVF213 01-03-2012 12:54 AM

Well after doing a fast look online I guess I can own a Pre 1899 Antique gun so that is some relief but boy are we talkin some MAJOR coin for a decent Revolver or Rifle of that age.. Have always wanted a nice decorated 1873 Winchester rifle but just the thought of loosing all My Babies, especially My Beautiful Beretta 90-Two that I JUST GOT FOR CHRISTMAS from My wife..

trip286 01-03-2012 01:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that repros apply here, do some more checking. It may not be optimal, but look at they're success rate before cartridge firing arms became mainstream.