You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 01:10 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 953
Liked 491 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbucket View Post
Bretibart among others has a report that Paul Ryan, the RINO, let National Recirprocity stall,
It will never work, just like universal healthcare will never work in the USA.
Federal laws are not intended to supersede state laws and that is how it should be. This is something that has to be worked out at a state level. It would be foolish for the feds to pursue this.
__________________
Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.
Missouribound is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Daoust_Nat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 3,312
Liked 2894 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 409

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I do not see how in the world you can blame the failure of the Republicans to pass legislation on the Democrats when the Republicans have the majority in both houses. The Republicans are holding all of the power, in all three branches of the Federal government, and most of the state governments. They have their big chance, If they can't govern, don't blame it on the Democrats.

Now, the Republicans are fighting hard for a "win" on what they call "health care." They don't give a damn how bad it is, they just want a "win."
It is a hell of a way to govern. The people are beginning to catch on, and that is worrying the few that are hold-outs. I hope they get their "win" because if they sow the wind, they will reap the whirlwind in subsequent elections.

The Republican Party has repeatedly and publicly expressed their horror of the possibility of having to work with the Democrats on the health care issue, and you wonder why they get no Democratic support? Think about it.
Either I mis-led you or you mis-understood some of what I typed. I am saying the Democrats do a better job fighting with the minority than the Republicans do leading with the majority. I am saying the Republicans will not use their power, and the Democrats are winning without the power. Take Comey. The Dems wanted him fired until Trump did so. Then the Dems anointed Comey with saint hood. The Republicans sat on their hands and shut their mouths. There are other examples. However back to the original point that the reciprocity has stalled and so has the hearing protection act because Schummer & Co are stopping both.

The Democrats did not work with the Republicans on Obama Care, why would you expect the Republicans to give the Dems a say? It does not matter anyway. The Republicans cannot agree on a new health care,k so they might as well sit back and let obama Care fail and then just go to a free market approach and see how that works. However I believe it is more likely that the Republicans will vote for "Single Payer" because that is what the Democrats want.
__________________
A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!
Daoust_Nat is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:30 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Daoust_Nat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 3,312
Liked 2894 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 409

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Phrase it any way you wish, but single payer is the best way to reign in the corporate greed that has driven the cost of health care out of the economic range of most of the working people.

You deride the health care systems of the rest of the civilized world, but it works. Right now, ours only works for the insured, and the Republicans want to reduce that number of people by the million. Republican "health care" serves only the insurance company and health care investors. In their plan, the chronically ill and the old people are on their own. It is a scam on a colossal scale.
You say single payer works. I disagree. Look at other countries and see how well their systems really work. You want to see a doctor? Okay, go see one. You need surgery? Well hell, get in line. It may take a year in other countries.

An ex-coworker was Canadian from Toronto. He told me there are more MRI machines in Metro Orlando than there are in Metro Toronto. Metro Orlando is about 2.4 million people. The population of Metro Toronto is about 6.5 mil. He says the MRI machines in Toronto go around the clock and you still have to wait for an appointment. I waited about ten days and that was mostly for insurance to approve the test. That is just one example.

Take a look at cancer treatment in the US and the rest of the world. Our flawed system is far more successful at cancer treatment. According to https://www.docrates.com/en/treatments/patient-satisfaction/finland-leading-country-in-cancer-care/ we are second to Finland.

I would like to see health care opened up into a free market. I would like to see the requirements that you purchase health care in the state you live in dropped. Buy it where it is best for you to do so.

My 2 cents.
__________________
A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Last edited by Daoust_Nat; 07-17-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Daoust_Nat is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 6,909
Liked 6396 Times on 3711 Posts
Likes Given: 31414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
It will never work, just like universal healthcare will never work in the USA.
Federal laws are not intended to supersede state laws and that is how it should be. This is something that has to be worked out at a state level. It would be foolish for the feds to pursue this.
actually, they are intended to supersede state laws. Otherwise, marijuana would be legal in WA, CA, OR, and CO, and the feds couldn't say $#!+ about it. Residents of those states wouldn't be required to disclose marijuana use on the 4473, as it is legal in their state.

and if LE comes in and finds firearms along with those dime bags, it is a FEDERAL crime, and they can be sent to a Federal prison if convicted.

where it breaks down is what is exactly covered by the 10th, and what is covered by the 2nd, mainly regarding Bearing\Use. If you ask 2 different gun owners what the 2A covers, and what the state may regulate, or even 50 gun owners, chances are pretty good you will get at least 3 dozen different answers. To make it simple, the 2nd has the words "to Keep and Bear arms" in it

Constitutional Carry allows one to carry anywhere it is legal to do so, so long as they are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm.

So, tell me please, how not being able to carry, in any state, under the 2A is legal under that premise? Saying it needs to be up to the states has done nothing but screw several LACs out of their rights because they just drove past an invisible line, into a mobile GFZ.

imagine if it was not our CPLs that the other states didn't want to honor your state's DL. Say you now have to travel to, or through siad state to pick up your kids from your ex.

now, I have to ask, just how many of you would be kicking down the door to the state House, demanding the right to drive through there at THAT point?

don't think it can happen? It could, as it is a state's rights issue, covered under The 10th.Our RTKBA is covered under the second, and IS a federal matter.

But hey, I might as well just be posting this to myself, as I must be wrong, because so many seem to think that a system that disarms folks via a line on a map is perfectly fine, just as long as it never affects Them, because someone could alter it at a later date, so we'll just keep picking and choosing where to send the means to fight such laws.

Last time I checked, if you have to fight someone, it is far better to have to fight one man that it is to have to fight a dozen men. One man can't attack from 5 different points, 12 men can. that greatly increases your odds of losing the fight.
__________________
Guns don't kill people. Blood loss and organ failure do.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.
kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dallas53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Piney Woods of Central East Texas
Posts: 4,948
Liked 6239 Times on 3460 Posts
Likes Given: 10440

Default

government health care is a huge mess, and needs fixing, but that's an entirely different subject that needs it's own thread and really has nothing to do with gun rights or a National Reciprocity law.
__________________
"Blue Lives Matter"
Following The Rule Of Law, Oppose Sanctuary Cities, And Those Who Support Them.
NRA Member and Supporter. Join The NRA Today!
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
Dallas53 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 425
Liked 412 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
It will never work, just like universal healthcare will never work in the USA.
Federal laws are not intended to supersede state laws and that is how it should be. This is something that has to be worked out at a state level. It would be foolish for the feds to pursue this.
Actually federal law does supersede state law, it's called the Supremacy Clause.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause
1911man is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CaptMidnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rocky Mtn. West
Posts: 4,122
Liked 4088 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 2636

Default

The Amendments to the Bill Of Rights are not stones you can throw out as facts. The 10th Amendment has been changed and subdued many times since it's inception.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Tenth+Amendment
CaptMidnight is offline  
tinbucket Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
National reciprocity bill JWagner Legal and Activism 43 02-25-2015 03:33 PM
National Reciprocity? Torontogunguy Legal and Activism 124 12-20-2014 04:13 AM
National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2012 Mason609 Legal and Activism 25 03-19-2012 01:54 PM
National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 Jpyle Legal and Activism 64 09-30-2011 04:05 AM
Obama Camps Admits Attempt to Stall Pullout user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 09-16-2008 11:29 PM