Ruger - Gun Owners Take Action Now! - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Ruger - Gun Owners Take Action Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #71
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 216 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 116

automated response from governor Christie:

GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE ELECTRONIC RESPONSE

January 31, 2013

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to new laws regarding gun control.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Acting on my commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, I have created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force will be chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey and members who have expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, law enforcement and school safety.

Violence in our society has never been solely about firearms, and we would miss an opportunity to better prevent the roots of violence if we didn't look at the complete picture. If we are truly going to take an honest and candid assessment of violence and public safety, we have to look more deeply at the underlying causes of many acts of violence. That means removing the stigma and evaluating issues of mental health, addiction, prevention and treatment services alongside the effectiveness of our firearms laws, enforcement mechanisms and our school safety measures. This task force will convene immediately and report back with its findings.

My commitment has always been to evaluate public safety, criminal policy and behavioral science with an approach that recognizes that these issues cannot be separated from one another. The SAFE Task Force will further my commitment in that regard as we look at how we can better guarantee violence control.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #72

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Got the same letter from Christie. Menendez's response was equally vague.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #73

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Hey everyone,

Ruger now has a response tracker on the advocacy page. You can see what reps have responded and post responses you have received. Check it out.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/shareYourResponse.php

I think it'll help us narrow down what reps we need to flood with letters and phone calls until we get a response.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #74
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2107 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4541

Message fired off.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Got a great response from my rep. He might have his shortcomings in other areas but this isn't one of them

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about gun control in the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. I appreciate learning your views and concerns.

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers remain with the family, friends and communities still coping in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting. As a father of two young boys, I find these senseless acts hard to fathom. They leave many with broken homes and unanswered questions.

As a nation we mourn for those affected; however, now is not the time to rush to hasty judgment on gun legislation for political purposes. I welcome a discussion on the safety of our country but I am fighting any legislation or White House action that would undermine our Second Amendment right to bear arms. I believe we should protect the rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms as our Founding Fathers intended. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and continue to earn, and am proud of my “A” vote rating from the National Rifle Association.

I am opposing any legislation or White House action that would undermine this right. I have opposed proposals in past Congresses that would require gun owners to provide onerous and excessive information to the federal government for the purchase of firearms, require the U.S. Attorney General to establish a database of every gun sale or transfer, and many other anti-gun provisions. I supported the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009, as well as the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act in the last Congress. The importance of protecting our Second Amendment rights can never be overstated. My staff and I are carefully reviewing pro-gun legislation this Congress to protect this precious right.

Please keep me informed if you learn of potential infringements. If I may be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Congressman Kevin Brady
Kevin Brady
U.S. Representative
Eighth District of Texas

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #76

Liked 286 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Got a great response from my rep. He might have his shortcomings in other areas but this isn't one of them

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about gun control in the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. I appreciate learning your views and concerns.

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers remain with the family, friends and communities still coping in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting. As a father of two young boys, I find these senseless acts hard to fathom. They leave many with broken homes and unanswered questions.

As a nation we mourn for those affected; however, now is not the time to rush to hasty judgment on gun legislation for political purposes. I welcome a discussion on the safety of our country but I am fighting any legislation or White House action that would undermine our Second Amendment right to bear arms. I believe we should protect the rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms as our Founding Fathers intended. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and continue to earn, and am proud of my “A” vote rating from the National Rifle Association.

I am opposing any legislation or White House action that would undermine this right. I have opposed proposals in past Congresses that would require gun owners to provide onerous and excessive information to the federal government for the purchase of firearms, require the U.S. Attorney General to establish a database of every gun sale or transfer, and many other anti-gun provisions. I supported the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009, as well as the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act in the last Congress. The importance of protecting our Second Amendment rights can never be overstated. My staff and I are carefully reviewing pro-gun legislation this Congress to protect this precious right.

Please keep me informed if you learn of potential infringements. If I may be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Congressman Kevin Brady
Kevin Brady
U.S. Representative
Eighth District of Texas
+1 on that. At least some people in the Government are still American at heart.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Another response from a Texas politician. Dang I got to say, I'm gonna be sad to leave this country... I mean state.

Dear Mr. XXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal firearms laws. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe it is essential to safeguard the law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own and use firearms designed for legitimate purposes such as hunting, target shooting, collecting, and self-protection. Restricting this right runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms.

It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals our country was established upon. The Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller provides a greater guarantee that Americans' Constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in that case stating an individual’s right to bear arms is fundamental. This historic ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In 2010, the Supreme Court decided in McDonald v. City of Chicago to strike down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicago—and thereby affirm that the Second Amendment safeguards against state and local encroachments on the fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of crime-fighting policies that work, and I believe that citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to commit crimes. I believe that strictly enforcing the law—and meting out tougher sentences for career criminals and those who use firearms when committing crimes—will reduce crime more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #78

Liked 74 Times on 44 Posts

sent mine, It would be nice if they get the message

Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #79

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

The reply that I've been waiting for. From the nastiest biotch in Congress. Sen. Diane Feinstein.

Dear Matt :

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms , District of Columbia v. Heller , the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #80

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
The reply that I've been waiting for. From the nastiest biotch in Congress. Sen. Diane Feinstein.

Dear Matt :

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms , District of Columbia v. Heller , the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
I love how even the WITCH understands that law abiding citzens are not the one's doing this. Yet still she feels the need to punish us!what a ****ing joke!