Ruby Ridge 20 years later - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ruby Ridge 20 years later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4806 Times on 2327 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
The chances of this happening today are very real. After all Holder was wet nursed by Janet Reno.
Thanks for THAT mental picture AL!

I wonder if he had to lay at her feet?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The Yahoo article i read earlier today indicated the daughter had forgiven the shooter with the help of her religion. She is a better person than me.

The comments on Yahoo explained how the shooter's criminal case was quietly dismissed in the aftermath of 9/11. Sad.

Quote:
After all Holder was wet nursed by Janet Reno.
Is that even possible? {remember's Family Guy scene when Peter tried to nurse Stewie}

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1361 Times on 804 Posts
Likes Given: 3426

That is why my children and I discuss the daily happenings in the news and we spend most TV viewing time watching documentaries on the various educational channels (no free adds here). Of course we keep an open mind and ears just in case if those channels mention something incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Better they learn it from you...today's educational system would make the Weavers out to be Nazi's and the Gubmint thugs the hero's.

Weaver was a fool but his familly did not deserve what happened.

Tack
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5815 Times on 3289 Posts
Likes Given: 5285

Quote:
Janet Reno is a murdering zealot, no doubt about that. But Ruby Ridge happened before Reno's watch and the BATF raid at Waco was in the planning stages before Renos watch. The juggernaut driven by the career bureaucrats of the BATFE continues to run on time regardless of which party sits in the white house. Too bad the US congress lacks the guts to rein in the BATFE.
Correct on both counts, Al.

But Reno gave the final order for the tanks to charge the church.

Most of the officers in my department called her either:

"The Butcher of Waco." or

"Butch the Butcher."

BTW, if anyone thinks George H.W. Bush (the elder) was a great guy, remember he signed off on Ruby Ridge, the initial planning for Waco, and worse yet,

THE BOTCHED COVER UP ATTEMPT.

Winston Churchill
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 08-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #15

Liked 2470 Times on 1604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Those who do not learn from history are comdemned to repeat it.

What are the chances of something like this happening with today's administration?
I'm surprised it hasn't already. I hope to god it isn't nuclear or biological.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #16

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I'm surprised it hasn't already. I hope to god it isn't nuclear or biological.

just don't hang around outside while they are sprayin overhead for mosquitoes.....................

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #17

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

A retired special forces friend and I watched alot of the senate hearings on the ruby ridge incident and for me that was the point in my life I started paying attention to politics and the government and all the shennanigans that go along with both. In my opinion its a shame what the government did to that family and the FBI shooter wasnt prosecuted.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Never trust the Govt - why are they buying all that AMMO? its not all for pratice it for putting people down!.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #19

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
A retired special forces friend and I watched alot of the senate hearings on the ruby ridge incident and for me that was the point in my life I started paying attention to politics and the government and all the shennanigans that go along with both. In my opinion its a shame what the government did to that family and the FBI shooter wasnt prosecuted.

i by NO MEANS condone what happened @ Ruby Ridge, but you cannot convict a person for following orders from a higher up that KNOWINGLY GIVES (GAVE) FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SUBJECT(S) TO THE TACTICAL TEAM(S).

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5815 Times on 3289 Posts
Likes Given: 5285

The politicians, who want to get re-elected, have kept the BATFE in check to some degree since Waco. Far too many people were upset, and even somewhat frightened by the Gestapo/KGB tactics used.

Of course, it WILL eventually happen again, but probably not for another 15-20 years, until a new generation has forgotten Waco And Ruby Ridge.

I would hate to admit that anything good could possibly have come from the Murrah bldg bombing, but perhaps it convinced some pols and bureaucrats that the American people will only take so much, and then they strike back.

Lets hope these pols have long memories, and keep the ATF/FBI butchers in check for a good long time.

Let's also hope and pray that if it ever becomes necessary to send them another message, only government thugs willl be targeted, and not innocent children in a day care center.

Regrdless of any noble motivations, let's not forget that McVeigh was as horrible of a monster as Reno and the FBI/BATFE terrorists.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 08-21-2012 at 02:17 PM.