Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Ruby Ridge 20 years later (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ruby-ridge-20-years-later-70734/)

danf_fl 08-20-2012 12:28 PM

Ruby Ridge 20 years later

Interesting article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_162-57496079/20-years-after-ruby-ridge-theres-forgiveness/

locutus 08-20-2012 01:51 PM

Those were terrible times for our country.

Many LEOS hated the FBI and BATF as bad as the Gestapo, and thought attorney general Janet "Butch" Reno was the Re-incarnation of Adolph Hitler. Waco poured salt on the wound.

The destruction of the Murrah federal building broke my heart, and brought tears to my eyes but it didn't surprise me at all. The only "surprise" to me, was that there were't a dozen more. Thank God there was only one McVeigh!

alsaqr 08-20-2012 03:48 PM

Janet Reno is a murdering zealot, no doubt about that. But Ruby Ridge happened before Reno's watch and the BATF raid at Waco was in the planning stages before Renos watch. The juggernaut driven by the career bureaucrats of the BATFE continues to run on time regardless of which party sits in the white house. Too bad the US congress lacks the guts to rein in the BATFE.

danf_fl 08-20-2012 04:17 PM

Those who do not learn from history are comdemned to repeat it.

What are the chances of something like this happening with today's administration?

Tackleberry1 08-20-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 909879)
Janet Reno is a murdering zealot, no doubt about that. But Ruby Ridge happened before Reno's watch and the BATF raid at Waco was in the planning stages before Renos watch. The juggernaut driven by the career bureaucrats of the BATFE continues to run on time regardless of which party sits in the white house. Too bad the US congress lacks the guts to rein in the BATFE.

Bingo...

Reno's claim to fame was the photo of black pajama'd Feds ripping a terrified 5 year old, "Illian Gonzales" from his uncles arms and forcibly returning the boy to Cuba...:mad:

That, and her uncanny ability to make Dana Carvey "in drag" look like a hottie!

Ugly Evil Bitch that woman.

Tack

PrimePorkchop 08-20-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 909758)

hard to believe it's been TWENTY YEARS :eek:

What's even harder to believe is the # of people, today, that have no idea what it was, or even worse, those who have heard of it, but believe the Government did nothing wrong.

TDS92A 08-20-2012 05:04 PM

The reason most people do not know about this in this day and age is because they no longer teach AMERICAN History in schools. My children had to find out Ruby Ridge and other things like that from me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop (Post 909904)
hard to believe it's been TWENTY YEARS :eek:

What's even harder to believe is the # of people, today, that have no idea what it was, or even worse, those who have heard of it, but believe the Government did nothing wrong.

alsaqr 08-20-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

What are the chances of something like this happening with today's administration?
The chances of this happening today are very real. After all Holder was wet nursed by Janet Reno.

Tackleberry1 08-20-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 909936)
The reason most people do not know about this in this day and age is because they no longer teach AMERICAN History in schools. My children had to find out Ruby Ridge and other things like that from me.

Better they learn it from you...today's educational system would make the Weavers out to be Nazi's and the Gubmint thugs the hero's.

Weaver was a fool but his familly did not deserve what happened.

Tack

bkt 08-20-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 909892)
Those who do not learn from history are comdemned to repeat it.

Pretty darn good, sadly.