Ron Paul Off the Rails Yet Again - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Ron Paul Off the Rails Yet Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
We're all acutely aware of islam.
I tend to question your "awareness" if you support the only guy in the GOP who wants to be buddies with them.

Last edited by billt; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
All we ever hear outta you is "It cant be done, its stupid, it cant happen, just give up, Quit, follow the government, the govenment is always right, do what your told, dont think for yourself".
If you weren't such an emotional basket case we might, (I said might), be able to have a conversation on this matter. Every time you post you come on like an emotional train wreck that puts words in my mouth, and shows you possess a comprehension level Hooked On Phonics couldn't improve on.

Show me in a direct quote where I have ever said on this forum to "follow the government", or to "Quit and do what you're told"? You can't, period. Where have I ever said, "Don't think for yourself", or "The government is always right? I haven't, EVER.. It's as if you have your own language of interpretation.

Your problem is you don't translate very well, if at all. You think if someone doesn't like Ron Paul, they right away love Romney, along with everyone else who is running, and think the Federal government is composed of a bunch of swell guys who are doing everything right, and should be trusted. How you achieve that thought process I don't know, but you manage to with every post. This is typical of many Ron Paul supporters, and the reason why they manage to scare away so many voters.

Did you ever think for a second most of the 91% of Republican voters who don't think Ron Paul is the guy, think much the same of everyone else? They just happen to be of the opinion Ron Paul stinks more, not less. Ron Paul cronies can't seem to digest that, so right away anyone who doesn't like him is a "government lover". No they aren't. The fact of the matter is they just don't like Ron Paul. That in itself doesn't mean they love the government, along with every lackey in Washington. Again.....They just don't like Ron Paul

It doesn't mean there is someone else who is standing in line to be our saviour. There isn't. I just don't understand why you people cannot digest that. This election is no different than any of the others. The next one will be no different, except for the fact you won't have Ron Paul to jump up and down for. Then who will you vote for? Or will you sit back and wait for the apocalypse in your basement with your AR-15? If that's the case perhaps you can take the time to learn how to translate the written word better. If you do you'll have a much better outlook of how people are really thinking, instead of how you perceive them to think.

Last edited by billt; 11-10-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #43
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I tend to question your "awareness" if you support the only guy in the GOP who wants to be buddies with them.
Then I suggest you search this forum for my numerous diatribes against islam.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #44

Quote:
Then I suggest you search this forum for my numerous diatribes against islam.
Here is the deal. What I am sick of listening to is this constant bombardment of, "how we treated them" nonsense. No doubt we've made many political mistakes over the years through various administrations, in the way we've handled these people. Now they very well may hate our guts for it. That I won't argue.

The point is it is all past tense. The overwhelming fact of the matter is they hate us, and want to kill us, period. It isn't going to do any good at this point in time to sit there and psychoanalyze the political reasons as to why. It flat out doesn't matter.

If you're walking in a parking lot to your car, and some guy sticks a gun in your face and tells you, "I'm gonna blow your brains out!", does it really matter why he wants to kill you? At that moment in time are you going to defend yourself, or are you going to sit there and contemplate he's acting this way because his mother mistreated him. Or perhaps his daddy didn't build him that tree house he wanted so much when he was a little boy. It really doesn't matter because if you don't act right then and there, you are going to die.

This is where we are today with radical Islam, and more importantly Iran. It doesn't matter if it is our fault, their fault, or nobody's fault as to why they hate us. That time has past, regardless of your opinion on it. Arguing yesterdays news is pointless when you are under a direct threat. They want us dead. By the most efficient means necessary. If they get a nuclear weapon they will use it, or give it to someone who will. You can argue that, but it's a foolish argument you'll be betting countless American lives on. What if your analysis is wrong?

We cannot back pedal here. It's far too late for that. This is where Ron Paul's thinking is so dangerous. His whole, "If we leave them alone, they'll leave us alone", attitude is a dollar short, and years too late. His thinking might be correct if we could turn back the clock 3 or 4 decades with our policies and politics, but the fact is we cannot. We can argue the "whys" of how things deteriorated to this point later.

Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon at a frantic rate. They are almost there. When they get it they will in all likelihood use it. The target could be Israel or us. It really doesn't matter. I don't like living with that Sword Of Damocles hanging over this nations head, or Israel's for that matter. The sooner these nuclear sites are hit, and the harder they are hit, the safer the world will be. That is a fact only a fool will argue. I could care less about the politics of the matter. The UN, liberals in this country, and in Europe can bitch and moan after the fact all they want, after the threat has been nuteralized. Words can't kill us. Their nuclear program can....AND WILL.

Last edited by billt; 11-10-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #45

Iran wants nukes? Go figure since its the only way for such a small country to deter the US from invading. If I was Iran I would want a couple myself.

Only problem with nice guy negotiations is the whole death to america and the hatred of Israel in their bones thing.

Fact is Iran has the manpower but the lack of a navy keeps them from invading Israel which they will want to do after Israel bombs them sometime in the next few months. At minimum we will get sucked into it and at worst WW3.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_carpenter View Post
Fact is Iran has the manpower but the lack of a navy keeps them from invading Israel which they will want to do after Israel bombs them sometime in the next few months. At minimum we will get sucked into it and at worst WW3.
Iran, and radical Islam in general could care less about a military scale "invasion" of any country. They want to kill as many Israelis and Americans as possible by striking from the shadows. They did it with the African Embassy bombings. They did it with the USS Cole, and they did it with 9/11. Just as they have done throughout the world with countless terror attacks. And they will keep doing it. This isn't going to play out like Pearl Harbor. Who the hell is a bunch of radical Islamic terrorists going to "invade"?

They don't want anything from us. They don't want our money. They don't want our land. They simply want to kill us. A nuclear weapon will allow them to achieve that goal much more efficiently, with a much larger body count. Iran knows they cannot beat Israel in an all out war, so they won't fight one. They could care less how long all of this takes. The one thing they have is time on their side. They've been doing this sort of thing for centuries, and have no intention of stopping anytime soon, or if we or Israel change our attitude toward some type of political "friendship" with them.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #47
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Here is the deal. What I am sick of listening to is this constant bombardment of, "how we treated them" nonsense. No doubt we've made many political mistakes over the years through various administrations, in the way we've handled these people. Now they very well may hate our guts for it. That I won't argue.

The point is it is all past tense. The overwhelming fact of the matter is they hate us, and want to kill us, period. It isn't going to do any good at this point in time to sit there and psychoanalyze the political reasons as to why. It flat out doesn't matter.

If you're walking in a parking lot to your car, and some guy sticks a gun in your face and tells you, "I'm gonna blow your brains out!", does it really matter why he wants to kill you? At that moment in time are you going to defend yourself, or are you going to sit there and contemplate he's acting this way because his mother mistreated him. Or perhaps his daddy didn't build him that tree house he wanted so much when he was a little boy. It really doesn't matter because if you don't act right then and there, you are going to die.

This is where we are today with radical Islam, and more importantly Iran. It doesn't matter if it is our fault, their fault, or nobody's fault as to why they hate us. That time has past, regardless of your opinion on it. Arguing yesterdays news is pointless when you are under a direct threat. They want us dead. By the most efficient means necessary. If they get a nuclear weapon they will use it, or give it to someone who will. You can argue that, but it's a foolish argument you'll be betting countless American lives on. What if your analysis is wrong?

We cannot back pedal here. It's far too late for that. This is where Ron Paul's thinking is so dangerous. His whole, "If we leave them alone, they'll leave us alone", attitude is a dollar short, and years too late. His thinking might be correct if we could turn back the clock 3 or 4 decades with our policies and politics, but the fact is we cannot. We can argue the "whys" of how things deteriorated to this point later.

Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon at a frantic rate. They are almost there. When they get it they will in all likelihood use it. The target could be Israel or us. It really doesn't matter. I don't like living with that Sword Of Damocles hanging over this nations head, or Israel's for that matter. The sooner these nuclear sites are hit, and the harder they are hit, the safer the world will be. That is a fact only a fool will argue. I could care less about the politics of the matter. The UN, liberals in this country, and in Europe can bitch and moan after the fact all they want, after the threat has been nuteralized. Words can't kill us. Their nuclear program can....AND WILL.
I can't disagree with anything you have written. Looking at the current situation, it would be fine if Israel went in and destroyed Iran's facilities where they are working on bombs if Israel believes it is in its best interests to do so. It looks more likely that Iran would drop a nuke on Tel Aviv than Washington, given they're working on fitting a warhead to one of their (limited range) missiles.

Certainly, countries have a right to defend themselves.

In spite of the theocracy in Iran, it is actually a fairly westernized nation and the people themselves don't harbor ill will toward the U.S. for the most part. One hopes they would topple their regime and that the U.S. would keep its nose out of whatever comes next.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #48

Quote:
In spite of the theocracy in Iran, it is actually a fairly westernized nation and the people themselves don't harbor ill will toward the U.S. for the most part.
Here I agree. The problem is it's the regime who wants to kill us, not the populous who is all but powerless to stop them. They are the ones with the weapon, along with the finger on the trigger.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

Here I agree. The problem is it's the regime who wants to kill us, not the populous who is all but powerless to stop them. They are the ones with the weapon, along with the finger on the trigger.
So let's just bomb them into oblivion and take over the world! Can you just immagine, a one world government. One single monetary system. Only one religion. No race. No culture. Enjoy your new wolrd order.

Last night I went to oakland community college with all the other Ron Paul supporters. At one point I was 4 feet from Dr. Paul. However the highlight of the night was when I noticed there wasn't any supporters for Cain. None for Romney. Not a single person for Perry. Hundreds and hundreds for Dr. Ron Paul though. Maybe there were people there in support of the other "candidates" but gosh you couldn't find them there in the sea of Ron Paul fans.

Here's a crappy pic from my phone of some friends standing as close to the entrance as the cops would allow us. When I get the pics from another friends camera, I will share them.

Dr. Ron Paul 2012

Old 11-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #50

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47 View Post
So let's just bomb them into oblivion and take over the world! Can you just immagine, a one world government. One single monetary system. Only one religion. No race. No culture. Enjoy your new wolrd order.

Last night I went to oakland community college with all the other Ron Paul supporters. At one point I was 4 feet from Dr. Paul. However the highlight of the night was when I noticed there wasn't any supporters for Cain. None for Romney. Not a single person for Perry. Hundreds and hundreds for Dr. Ron Paul though. Maybe there were people there in support of the other "candidates" but gosh you couldn't find them there in the sea of Ron Paul fans.

Here's a crappy pic from my phone of some friends standing as close to the entrance as the cops would allow us. When I get the pics from another friends camera, I will share them.

Dr. Ron Paul 2012
No attachment. Also, Paul supporters are great and definitely will flood events, polls, straw polls, etc. The question is, will those that vote in the primary, vote for him? I will, but I don't know if he will have enough and even if he does he probably wouldn't get the nomination from the party anyways.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.