Ron Paul Off the Rails Yet Again - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ron Paul Off the Rails Yet Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttolhurst View Post
May you all never find out just how badly Iran doesn't want to simply be left alone.
Like Dr. Paul says....Russia has nukes and we werent on very friendly terms. Same with China. Iran makes one or two nukes and uses them, it will go VERY badly for them. Considering every country around them has nuke capability themselves....Pakistan, India, Isreal, Russia, China, Us.

like Dr. Paul says....they have to import GASOLINE!!

I like his ideas, they make sense and where some DO seem a little nutjobesque...think long and hard what/where 60 YEARS of the same policies have gotten us.

Can it really be THAT bad to try a different direction??

60 years of FAILED M.E. policy! Can you reasonably argue that our policies/actions over the last 60 years have WORKED!?!?

WE caused the issues in Iran! WE caused the issues in Iraq! WE caused the issues in Afgahnistan! Our meddeling and war mongering over the past 60 years have caused the issues!!

The war on drugs (war on the american people/freedom) is failed policy!

Its become blatantly obvious "business as usual" in DC IS NOT WORKING!!

Can Dr. Pauls ideas (nothing really new, but a return to the policies that made this country THE greatest on earth) really be ANY worse than what we have now or have had in the recent past!?!?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Like Dr. Paul says....Russia has nukes and we werent on very friendly terms. Same with China. Iran makes one or two nukes and uses them, it will go VERY badly for them. Considering every country around them has nuke capability themselves....Pakistan, India, Isreal, Russia, China, Us.

I like his ideas, they make sense and where some DO seem a little nutjobesque...think long and hard what/where 60 YEARS of the same policies have gotten us.

60 years of FAILED M.E. policy! Can you reasonably argue that our policies/actions over the last 60 years have WORKED!?!?

WE caused the issues in Iran! WE caused the issues in Iraq! WE caused the issues in Afgahnistan! Our meddeling and war mongering over the past 60 years have caused the issues!!

Can Dr. Pauls ideas (nothing really new, but a return to the policies that made this country THE greatest on earth) really be ANY worse than what we have now or have had in the recent past!?!?
BAM!! There it is. I wish you lived in my neighborhood.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The extent of Western/European meddling in that part of the world may be a lot greater than most Americans ever imagined. Here's an interesting book written 30 years ago (free download) -

http://www.wlym.com/pdf/iclc/hostage.pdf

This old book even gives some insight on why we have been helping the Muslim Brotherhood grab control in one country after another...

Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #14

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
We have been pissing around in the ME business since the 50's (THATS OVER 60 YEARS)
Actually, people have been "pissing around " in the ME for over 600 years,

with the Crusades, colonization, and oil exploitation.

If other countries had been exploiting the American

continent for centuries, I imagine there would be a hotbed of

extremist guerrilla activity here, too. Maybe we should try

something new with the ME,

like LEAVE THEM ALONE...

Last edited by therewolf; 11-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Actually, people have been "pissing around " in the ME for over 600 years,

with the Crusades, colonization, and oil exploitation.

If other countries had been exploiting the American

continent for centuries, I imagine there would be a hotbed of

extremist guerrilla activity here, too. Maybe we should try

something new with the ME,

like LEAVE THEM ALONE...
Point taken (knew that) and dually noted but for ease of absorbtion, i figured i would break it down to the "recent" past and our recent (60 or so years) failings.

Lets try it from another angle...a good quotations....

"You catch more flys with honey than vinegar"-unknown

"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing, the exact same way expecting a different result"-Albert Einstein (a man most thought was completely nutzo as well)

Last edited by fmj; 11-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #16

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IMO, the reason we have such a problem with the ME is the long term

aspect of foreign meddling.

It's a horrid history which casts Western Civilization,

in general, in a shameful role.

Would we be any less violent, unstable, and distrustful of

foreigners, had we, historically, over centuries, been treated as they were?

If you study their culture, you will be surprised to find they are some

of the most hospitable and advanced societies on earth. Yet we

are only shown by the media, in it's quest to sell soap and hard-on pills,

the worst side of a hounded and exploited people.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
IMO, the reason we have such a problem with the ME is the long term

aspect of foreign meddling.

It's a horrid history which casts Western Civilization,

in general, in a shameful role.

Would we be any less violent, unstable, and distrustful of

foreigners, had we, historically, over centuries, been treated as they were?

If you study their culture, you will be surprised to find they are some

of the most hospitable and advanced societies on earth. Yet we

are only shown by the media, in it's quest to sell soap and hard-on pills,

the worst side of a hounded and exploited people.
quoted for truth.

at one point in the worlds history the M.E. were THE most advanced in the entire world in the ways of culture and science. The raids from the east and subsequent book burning and wholesale slaughter set them and the world back countless centuries.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #18

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:

Quote:
Man, you simply cannot think for yourself, can you!

Have you even LISTENED to what Dr. Paul has to say?!!?

We have been pissing around in the ME business since the 50's (THATS OVER 60 YEARS) how has that worked out!?!? Isreal has over 300 nukes...i think they can take care of themselves. Iran has NOTHING!!! Its HIGH time the US quit dicking around all over the world. We cannot afford it, nor has any of it WORKED!

Its time to think about and care for #1...that's AMERICA and the rest of the world be damned!

Wake up and quit spewing the same old worn out Overgrown Fed. Govt line. IT HAS FAILED!
Someone that finally grasps Dr. Paul's thoughts. Its funny how his ideas are considered to be so "radical" when it turns out they are the most common sense. We have all been programed to such a level that war is good that any view in opposition is now considered "nuts"? REALLY?

IMHO Dr. Paul needs to really harp on his message regarding Iran. While listening to C-Span, I notice a LOT of callers that make the same points he does without mentioning his name, meaning that he has a ton of potential supporters in that regard!

To the OP:

If the ideals OUR Founding Fathers set forth in the Constitution and their investments into the idea of liberty are so far flung as to discredit Dr. Paul because he supports these things to such a degree, then I have lost all faith in this country and her people. May god rest her soul!!!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:

What he said.

People get wrapped around the axle whenever they think Ron Paul is trying to come to the aid of the bad guys. What they need to do is look objectively at what the U.S. has historically done. Is it good? Nope. Maybe we should change our position. Will it get any worse if we do? Nope.

How about we take Israel off its leash and let it hash out its own problems? How about we get the hell out of the Middle East -- all you who are calling for independence on foreign oil!! -- and let things shake out? Or is it better to keep going the way we have?

The most important angle to look at this issue, and the way Ron Paul is looking at it, is simply this: the federal government does not have the lawful authority to police other nation's governments. That's how he approaches every issue.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #20

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What he said.

People get wrapped around the axle whenever they think Ron Paul is trying to come to the aid of the bad guys. What they need to do is look objectively at what the U.S. has historically done. Is it good? Nope. Maybe we should change our position. Will it get any worse if we do? Nope.

How about we take Israel off its leash and let it hash out its own problems? How about we get the hell out of the Middle East -- all you who are calling for independence on foreign oil!! -- and let things shake out? Or is it better to keep going the way we have?

The most important angle to look at this issue, and the way Ron Paul is looking at it, is simply this: the federal government does not have the lawful authority to police other nation's governments. That's how he approaches every issue.
And on a moral level, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun