Ron Paul Issues Statement on ATF Gun Scandal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ron Paul Issues Statement on ATF Gun Scandal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thumbs up Ron Paul Issues Statement on ATF Gun Scandal

SOURCE: Ron Paul Issues Statement on ATF Gun Scandal | Business Wire

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul commented on the recent revelations about the federal government’s botched program to track gun sales. See statement below.

“The ATF has a long history of abusing our Second Amendment rights, so I was glad to see Congressman Issa demanding answers on the Project “Gunwalker” scandal.

“My hope is that the recent hearing will further expose the ATF's and Attorney General Eric Holder's assaults on law-abiding gun owners, and more people will start questioning the need for unconstitutional agencies like the ATF that exist solely to infringe on American citizens' God-given right to keep and bear arms.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one (1) problem with that quote:
God given right?
Come on.

Let's just do our best to right the ship in 2012.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The right of self defense is a God given right. It is not granted by government. What's your problem with that statement?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I liked the "unconstitutional agencies" part best of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The right of self defense is a God given right. It is not granted by government. What's your problem with that statement?
Not everyone believes in God or that the right came from God. I won't hold origin against anybody, just so long as they believe in the right to K&B. Personally, i think the right to self-defense comes with breath, could be wrong, don't know for certain.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm just saying god given right, true not everyone believes in god. But to those who don't its just a word so suck it up. To those that do believe, god is a very broad term, my grandparents are Jehovah witnesses, the believe that Jehovah is the true name of god.

I personally think that it's our birth right to bear arms, if your born in the US your born with rights, right?

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #6

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

What wmille01 said

Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I do not believe that God gave us the right to keep and bear arms.
I can see that right given in The Bill of Rights, written by the founding Fathers.
But dog-gone if I have ever seen that anywhere in scripture. Nor in the Ten Commandments.
Could you show me where God said to go forth and arm thy selves with weapons that fire bullets? Or basically any weapons?

It is statements like... "God-given right to keep and bear arms.” That the anti-Christ use to enforce that 2nd Amendment supporters are some kind of Religious Right Wing fanatics. (Hence they call us gun nuts, for example)

And while I believe all things come from God, I.E. Specifically: He allows man to advance in technology, I do not know where it is written he told us to "Keep and Bear Arms."

There are a lot of God given rights, we are born with them. They are elementary.

Can you show me something that will make me believe God wants me to Bear Arms? I believe he'd rather I turn the other cheek.
I know I want to always bear arms. But that I was taught as I matured as a child.
Because we live in a dangerous world.
I'm one to smite the leftist ideas and ideals. Not hand them gasoline for their pire of books and guns they want to burn.
They go against those elementary beliefs in my life. But that is me, not God, talking.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Most people seem to believe that the Bill of Rights simply recognized pre-existing rights ("natural rights"). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_rights self-evident rings a bell

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-21-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnypie View Post
I do not believe that God gave us the right to keep and bear arms.
I can see that right given in The Bill of Rights, written by the founding Fathers.
But dog-gone if I have ever seen that anywhere in scripture. Nor in the Ten Commandments.
Could you show me where God said to go forth and arm thy selves with weapons that fire bullets? Or basically any weapons?

It is statements like... "God-given right to keep and bear arms.” That the anti-Christ use to enforce that 2nd Amendment supporters are some kind of Religious Right Wing fanatics. (Hence they call us gun nuts, for example)

And while I believe all things come from God, I.E. Specifically: He allows man to advance in technology, I do not know where it is written he told us to "Keep and Bear Arms."

There are a lot of God given rights, we are born with them. They are elementary.

Can you show me something that will make me believe God wants me to Bear Arms? I believe he'd rather I turn the other cheek.
I know I want to always bear arms. But that I was taught as I matured as a child.
Because we live in a dangerous world.
I'm one to smite the leftist ideas and ideals. Not hand them gasoline for their pire of books and guns they want to burn.
They go against those elementary beliefs in my life. But that is me, not God, talking.

"But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." -Jesus Christ

Good enough?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I am most definitely not a Bible quoter, but I know for a fact that somewhere in there Jesus said: if you have a cloak, sell it and buy a sword.

Man has been defending himself since he first made a fist or picked up a stick. This government has no right to proscribe self defense, which these days means a gun. Back in time, it may have been a sword or lance or mace or whatever.

Self preservation is a natural instinct. I believe in a Creator and thus I believe the instinct for survival/self defense is God given.

I don't give a rat's azz what someone's religious or anti-religious beliefs are. I will not be quiet because someone else thinks God is politically incorrect.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 06-21-2011 at 08:58 PM.