Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/robbery-suspects-shot-dead-east-charlotte-pizza-hut-employee-32335/)

ARnoob 09-28-2010 01:34 PM

Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee

Robbery suspects shot dead by east Charlotte Pizza Hut employee - CharlotteObserver.com

By Steve Lyttle
slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Tuesday, Sep. 28, 2010

Two suspects were shot to death late Monday night by an employee during an attempted robbery at an east Charlotte pizza restaurant, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say.

Another suspect got away and was the subject of an overnight manhunt.

One employee was injured during the altercation when he was beaten by the suspects, according to authorities.

The robbery was reported about 11:15 p.m. at the Pizza Hut in the 5400 block of East Independence Boulevard, near Idlewild Road. Police say two employees were in the rear of the restaurant, cleaning up for the night, when three men walked in the front door. The employees told police at least two of the suspects were carrying handguns.

The suspects ordered the two men back into the cooler, and thatís when the violence escalated, according to investigators.

When the suspects began beating one of the employees, the other Pizza Hut worker pulled a handgun and started shooting. Two suspects were killed, and the third ran off. One investigator said early Monday morning that it is possible the third suspect was wounded by the employee.

Police say they found two handguns near the dead suspects. The names of those killed have not been released, while police work to contact their relatives.

The injured employee suffered significant injuries, paramedics said, and was taken to Carolinas Medical Center. That person is expected to survive.

Police called in their K-9 dog search unit and canvassed the Independence Boulevard-Idlewild Road-Monroe Road area for much of the night, but without success.

Investigators are questioning the employee who fired the shots but would not say if any charges will be filed. WBT-Radio is reporting that the Pizza Hut worker who shot the suspects had a law enforcement background.

No customers were in the restaurant at the time.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call detectives at 704-432-TIPS, or they can leave information anonymously with Crime Stoppers, at 704-334-1600.

007BondJamesBond007 09-28-2010 01:51 PM

Win for the Good Guys!!!:)

BillM 09-28-2010 03:05 PM

Downside is that now he's unemployed. Pizza Hut has a strict no weapons policy for employees.

Overkill0084 09-28-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillM (Post 358967)
Downside is that now he's unemployed. Pizza Hut has a strict no weapons policy for employees.

That's a bummer.
It's still a happy ending. 2 dirtbags who will not repeat offend, and the victims are alive.

Jo da Plumbr 09-28-2010 03:28 PM

Save the day and lose your job. Aint that a bit@h.

No choice though... can't stand by and watch them beat a coworker. I hope that third guy is slowly bleeding out in a gutter some where.

NGIB 09-28-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 358975)
Save the day and lose your job. Aint that a bit@h.

No choice though... can't stand by and watch them beat a coworker. I hope that third guy is slowly bleeding out in a gutter some where.

I'm with you on this Jo...

NitroxAZ 09-28-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillM (Post 358967)

If it weren't for this crappy econeomy, not much of a job loss IMHO.

amoroque 09-28-2010 03:47 PM

That's so true Nitrox.

I hope everything works out well for the hero in this one.

IGETEVEN 09-28-2010 03:53 PM

No problem....It will be a great addition to add to his resume. It represents his obvious excellent work ethics, concern and dedicated actions to protect business assets and personnel, should land him a better job. I would hire him on the spot. :cool:

NGIB 09-28-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 358995)
No problem....It will be a great addition to add to his resume. It represents his obvious excellent work ethics, concern and dedicated actions to protect business assets and personnel, should land him a better job. I would hire him on the spot. :cool:

I suspect you'd be a gun-friendly employer...