Robbers shot and killed - Family's want crime charges... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Robbers shot and killed - Family's want crime charges...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2067 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 3105

Quote:
Well according to the police statement in the sarcasm laden article linked in the first post, it was he who confronted them, not the other way around.
You are correct. The citizen did confront the perps, who pulled their guns.

Quote:
Adams said the private citizen demanded that they stop and wait for police. He said when the robbers refused and pulled out their guns, the citizen shot them in self-defense.

"He needed to defend himself because if he would not have used force, he himself may have suffered the wrath of those two gun-toting robbers," said Adams.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
You are correct. The citizen did confront the perps, who pulled their guns.
I don't see where you got that from. Article says a "scuffle" ensued. Cite disparity of force, 2 against one, but don't extrapolate too much. Doesn't change the fact at all that I don't think it was very smart to confront them.

See two guys leaving a convenience store wearing masks? I'm assuming they're armed, and in this case they were. I have a kid I'm raising by myself. SCREW stopping them. I'll be a good witness for the police.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #23

Liked 374 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
The families will always yell for what they think is justice. The police have determined the shooting justifiable. Case closed
Unless the Commonwealth of Pa. allows civil rights trials. You know, like the one they got O.J. with. If yes, this guy's troubles have just begun.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
Depending on the state law, they may not be allowed to sue the citizen. Here in AZ the criminal and their heirs lose all right to sue if the injury or death is the result of participating in a crime.
And that should be the law in every state.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 11-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The family is on the wrong track; they should sue the cigarette and lottery companies. They would probably clean up going after these deep pocketed and demonized companies.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #26

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

And that should be the law in every state.
Yes it should.

Still waiting for the like button on the app.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
The families will always yell for what they think is justice. The police have determined the shooting justifiable. Case closed
Tell that to George Zimmerman.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1263 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Obviously, the dead BGs' families are firm believers that, to quote Mas Ayoob, "resistance to crime is immoral". They think that somehow their clan is special, and should be able to rape, rob, and do whatever they feel like doing. After all, they are minority people, and maybe even illegal aliens. They are therefore of the privileged class, and should have no restrictions on their behavior. Plus, instead of being shot, they should have been allowed to go to the priest, confessed, and everything would have been OK. I hope my cynicism doesn't offend anybody. I have had Mexican immigrant neighbors who were of that mindset, and when my kids were young, their kids felt free to assault my kids at their convenience, take their toys, their wagons, their bicycles whenever they pleased, and when I protested, they threatened to sue me, jail me, and even to do bodily harm to me for pi$$ing their kids off.
Now, 40 years later, and they are no longer my neighbors, I hope they got the kids straightened out before they ended up in prison or worse.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #29

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Here we go again, "He was such a good person, such a good father, just getting his life together" yada, yada, yada. When you conduct yourself as an armed thug don't be surprised if you are treated as one.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
This could be another Clevon Martin incident. The police cleared Zimmerman after the shooting. That does not stop the filing of civil damages. Becoming involved in a street shooting is a high risk incident for a privately armed citizen.
This is why you should carry a revolver

Married 27 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member