Rights, what right? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Rights, what right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Keep us updated, Vince.

My only friend in the Boston area, a very conservative TEA party republican, said he was actually amazed at how well the Boston and other LE handled the situation.

Since Sean hates the mayor and governor and much as I hate the Anointed One, I tend to believe him.
I sure will Loc, just waiting to hear back...

After some of the BS comments about the 'sheeple' of Boston I've read here, know that FWIW, there is a significant portion of the population up there that is just as fed up with the gun grabbing, rights stomping libby liars as the rest of us...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

An interesting video but other than the title, how do we know that it was even in Watertown MA or that the video was shot during the manhunt? For all we know looking at the video, it was some sort of police raid somewhere at sometime in the US.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 1637

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
An interesting video but other than the title, how do we know that it was even in Watertown MA or that the video was shot during the manhunt? For all we know looking at the video, it was some sort of police raid somewhere at sometime in the US.
Hey DF, like I said earlier in the thread, I can't authenticate any of this. However, the big whitish house on the right with the white stockade fence looks like a home I saw them massed around while I was watching some of the manhunt on Friday.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #14

Here's the response from my buddy in Boston. I asked him how things REALLY went down, how people felt about it and if any of the searches were overly-obtrusive/illegal...

NOONE knows exactly how it went down because cameras were kept so far away. The thing is....the homes weren't being searched for items or belongings of the owners, they were being reasonably searched for a terrorist that committed crimes against the people. The authorities didn't kick doors in and demand people hit the floor. They went door to door and asked to sweep houses to clear an area. Everyone knew what and who they were looking for. Most everybody would open their doors to help find this person. It wasn't like people were saying they couldn't come in. Nevermind the fact one particular family ran out of milk and an officer went to the store to get milk for the baby while people were asked to remain indoors.

I think they handled that kind of manhunt pretty well concidering the size or the area they had to search. Nevermind thefact the kid could have been hiding in their basement without the owner knowing.

If people "say hell no" and tell you they wouldn't have opened their door to help in that sitution....then they are a lier and a fool. This was about sweeping an area and tightening a net on a terrorist killer. Then again with more gun owners your way that punk probably would have been shot by a citizen long before the FBI showed up.

So with this....time or war or public danger is the verbage to watch. The searches did not violate any Constitutional Law...especially since they stated openly that if they found anything else during these searches it would be inadmisable in a court of law because the search was not of the peoples home for their belongings but for the purpose to find a terrorist.

I hope this helped buddy, remember: We are not Democrats, We are not Republicans, We are Americans!

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Thank you, thank you.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Sorry... I don't see any controversy here. If it had happened in my neighborhood, I would have opened my doors and asked if I could get them anything before they moved to the next house.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #17

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

All I saw during the whole thing was professionalism on all sides, LEO's and the public. I saw no military personal only national guard which is with in the scope of use by the governor. I saw nor heard of any door to door confiscation of anything except maybe donuts if a LEO ran across them.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #18

Seems the only controversy came from the interwebz ninjas criticizing the citizenry and LE.

I spent the first half of my life there and while I detest the political climate of Ma., (it's not news that Ma. is heavily a blue state) I take exception to people blindly criticizing a situation and it's participants with only information obtained on the web.

The North and South shores of Boston are so densely populated, finding the bomber after the car chase (which was one of the main complaints of those not in the know) was like finding a needle in a pile of needles. There are literally dozens of places to hide on one property alone, never mind a 20 block neighborhood with a thousand or more homes...

Everybody up there is pretty happy the way things went down, which is why they lined the streets to applaud LE after it was over. Hopefully this can put to rest some of the 'critique' from the folks who have no frickin' idea what they are talking about...

Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
It don't look one bit 'phony', BUT without info about what intell the cops had prior to the 'raid' it would be impossible to determine if it was justified or not. The tactics used were correct and no one was mistreated.

I see most of you agree with me on this one.

The problem I see on the web when it comes to actions of the police is this 'rush to judge' with out facts.

Right or wrong is not determined by what you do, but how you explain your actions!
Prejudice is alive and well, don't let it victimize you!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!