Right to work
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Right to work

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1962 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Question Right to work

Can someone explain how it is any different for the goberment to require Rosa Parks to go to the back of the bus if she wished to ride than the goberment requiring Joe Worker to pay dues/join a union if he wishes to work????
Or to require you to 'ask' the gobermnet to 'allow' you to buy a gun?

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 12-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #2

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I've not looked into this. What's it all about? Trying to keep from being forced into joining the union?

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

The whole "Right to Work" thing is all about forcing people to join a union in order to work in a job that is affiliated with a union such as GM (UAW). The unions back in the day were a good thing. They protected the workers from the employers taking advantage of them. Now the union is nothing more than an Organized Crime Syndicate (IMHO). A person should only join a union if they choose to. You haev to remember that the unions were/are the largest supporters of Obubblehead. There are now 17 "Right to Work" States. If this movement goes nationwide, then the unions will lose all influence in the political realm.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
JimRau Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #4

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I am seeing some EXTREME hypocrisy right now. What do you think your NRA dues money goes to every single year? So fat cat union thugs can play million dollar poker hands with it? Their lobbyists lean on Congress for YOU! I dont care if what they call themselves.....trying to distance themselves from being called a "union" which is generally a democratic supporter. THEY ARE A UNION. WE ALL ENDORSE THEM ON OUR BEHALF.

Unions still serve to protect worker right, lobby for salaries/pensions/benefits and keep the public sector from turning into freaking China. Right now many private sector CEO's are outsourcing jobs and completely raping their employees. Dont like it? JOIN A UNION. Right now teachers, cops, roadworkers, steelworkers, pipefitters, HVAC, etc are all clinging to their unions because its a scary world out there right now.

A healthy economy always needs a 50/50 balance of public & private sector jobs. Unions protect public employees' rights, period.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2549 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1285

You are correct. The Unions in the day were good for Americans but as of late have become nothing but a massive slush fund for the Administration. I am not against Unions and collective bargaining but I think a person should have a Constitutional Right as a citizen of the United States to join or not to join. And to contribute to a party of their choice no matter which party. At the present, they must support a party they may not wish to by being forced to contribute to the Union and the party. I seen the so called Pres! made his comments this morning continuing to try to separate the people of the USA once again. He needs to stop stirring S---, be President for a change, stop politicking and pull the American people back together rather than promoting class warfare and tearing America down.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 99 Posts

Basically what happends If you get a job that is unioned, and you don't want to be a part of a union, you still pay the dues as if you were in it.
Thats all going away in Michigan now and there pissed because there not going to be handed peoples money that want no part of what they *stand for*
I own guns, does that mean when I buy a gun I should be forced to join the NRA?
P.S, I agree with everything on snipers post.

Last edited by GaryGlock; 12-11-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1962 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I am seeing some EXTREME hypocrisy right now. What do you think your NRA dues money goes to every single year? So fat cat union thugs can play million dollar poker hands with it? Their lobbyists lean on Congress for YOU! I dont care if what they call themselves.....trying to distance themselves from being called a "union" which is generally a democratic supporter. THEY ARE A UNION. WE ALL ENDORSE THEM ON OUR BEHALF.

Unions still serve to protect worker right, lobby for salaries/pensions/benefits and keep the public sector from turning into freaking China. Right now many private sector CEO's are outsourcing jobs and completely raping their employees. Dont like it? JOIN A UNION. Right now teachers, cops, roadworkers, steelworkers, pipefitters, HVAC, etc are all clinging to their unions because its a scary world out there right now.

A healthy economy always needs a 50/50 balance of public & private sector jobs. Unions protect public employees' rights, period.
Point being the gobermnet does not have the authority to FORCE anyone to be a member/pay dues to any organization. This is equal to the goberment forcing you to belong to a specific 'church'!!!
Unions today are nothing more than 'legalized organized crime', plan and simple. They are a big part of the corruption in our government!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #8

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Thats completely untrue. You do not pay dues for an organization you dont join....unless Im missing something HUGE here.

But, once you decide to become a teacher and you sit back and watch the school boards shrink your salary, allow your classroom size grow to 35+ kids, make your pension disappear (which you contribute to each paycheck as a retirement source), impose higher medical benefits premiums, impose new testing standards which determine if you will come back the next year, and place you on the chopping block because tenure laws have changed......which is scary is you are a seasoned 20+ teacher at the top of your guide but the district wants to tighten up so they fire you and hire a fresh college grad at the bottom of the payscale.

That is what dues money goes towards. This system is 100% duplicatable for cops, firefighters, EMT, etc. If you dont wanna pony up, DONT COMPLAIN WHEN THESE THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU!

Its a no-brainer, an incredible return on your investment to join a union in these times. The problem right now in this country is somehow teachers & cops have been demonized by powerful right wingers who wanna come in and get a piece of the pie by privatizing the entire country so they can flip a big profit....even though they know NOTHING about the industry! Camden PD is a prime example. The state fired 75% of the police force...and now uses a team of US Marshalls who are completely under water and are treading water with the levels of crime. Its unreal.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5654 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Please keep politics in the political subforum. Thanks.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread