Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Sort of. If that ends up being the case, you get to choose. It's voluntary gun control. Simply don't smoke weed, and you're good to go with the guns. Besides, unless they require a drug test to buy a gun, how are they going to know?
to be honest, i really don't know. in those states where it's legal to buy and consume marijuana, i don't know what the process is to buy. do you have to fill out any paperwork to buy? do you have to submit an ID to buy?

lot of questions that i haven't the answers to. but i do know this, if you consume marijuana and then attempt to buy a gun through an FFL, when you fill out the Form 4473, then you are committing perjury on an official document, which is a criminal act.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 4,015
Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Default

Quote:
if you consume marijuana and then attempt to buy a gun through an FFL, when you fill out the Form 4473, then you are committing perjury on an official document, which is a criminal act.
Agreed. But my comment was regarding the person who buy it through non-legal channels, where there is no paperwork.

Personally, if given the choice, I'd take the guns over the weed. Among other reasons, guns smell better.
clr8ter is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Agreed. But my comment was regarding the person who buy it through non-legal channels, where there is no paperwork.

Personally, if given the choice, I'd take the guns over the weed. Among other reasons, guns smell better.
technically, if a private sale is legal without going through an FFL in those states, then the person you were buying from is probably not obligated to ask such a question.

but going through an FFL to purchase or getting a CC permit, then the requirements and legalities come into play.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,871
Liked 1447 Times on 787 Posts
Likes Given: 814

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
technically, if a private sale is legal without going through an FFL in those states, then the person you were buying from is probably not obligated to ask such a question.

but going through an FFL to purchase or getting a CC permit, then the requirements and legalities come into play.
Not really, even threw a Private sale, it is against Federal Law to knowing sell to a "prohibited" person. If you know the person you are making the private sale to is a marijuana user, you are in violation of Federal law and committing a Felony.

clr8ter, I think you may have missed an important point here. This is not just about "purchasing" a firearm or how one can buck the system and purchase one off the street. This is about Possession of a Firearm as well. Even if you have firearms that have been in your possession legally for years, as soon as you Purchase or use Marijuana under the guidelines of "legal in my state" each and every one of those forearms are subject to Legal Confiscation under Federal law.

Last edited by mseric; 02-23-2014 at 05:08 PM.
mseric is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Not really, even threw a Private sale, it is against Federal Law to knowing sell to a "prohibited" person. If you know the person you are making the private sale to is a marijuana user, you are in violation of Federal law and committing a Felony.
that is true, but how would a seller in a private sale know that the buyer was a user? unless the buyer said something, he wouldn't know. just as the seller wouldn't know if the person had a criminal record.

now if that buyer was someone the seller knew, then they might be able to make a case that he should have had an idea.

but the key factor is in either knowing or not knowing such information about the buyer.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,379
Liked 11006 Times on 4766 Posts
Likes Given: 1810

Default

Quote:
how are they going to know?
Well....... when you try to use your medical marijuana card as your second form of ID....

When you ask the dealer to hold your roach while you fill out the 4473...

When the background check picks up the bust you had at a time/place where weed was NOT legal...

When you walk into the shop smelling like Tommy Chong....


Seriously, my baby daughter is an exam tech for an eye doctor. You would not BELIEVE the number of folks that think it would be a good idea to get stoned BEFORE they go in for an eye exam. DUDE! These are the people that will be CLOSELY examining your pupils!
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #27
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,379
Liked 11006 Times on 4766 Posts
Likes Given: 1810

Default

Axxe- private sale? Well, if you see THIS....


__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 4,015
Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Default

Quote:
clr8ter, I think you may have missed an important point here. This is not just about "purchasing" a firearm or how one can buck the system and purchase one off the street. This is about Possession of a Firearm as well. Even if you have firearms that have been in your possession legally for years, as soon as you Purchase or use Marijuana under the guidelines of "legal in my state" each and every one of those forearms are subject to Legal Confiscation under Federal law.
Yes, I see. Good point. But there is still a lot of grey areas here, created by the fact that there are no mechanisms currently in place to check whether one uses weed. No a grey area like "is it legal or not", but as in "how could they find out?"

In any case, I am still going by the premise that the Feds will legalize it sooner or later. In which case it will be irrelevant. This is only IMHO.
clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Axxe- private sale? Well, if you see THIS....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUp6M1-0gQk
now that was funny!

i kept seeing the joint behind his ear and wondering if it was really a joint. it was!
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Yes, I see. Good point. But there is still a lot of grey areas here, created by the fact that there are no mechanisms currently in place to check whether one uses weed. No a grey area like "is it legal or not", but as in "how could they find out?"

In any case, I am still going by the premise that the Feds will legalize it sooner or later. In which case it will be irrelevant. This is only IMHO.
if the Federal government legalizes marijuana, i think Mseric is right, that it will be used as a form of gun control to deny citizens the right to legally purchase or own firearms.

the only reason i am pro-marijauna is simply because i believe in the rights of individual freedoms and that we need less government involvement in out lives. but if they want to use the legalization of marijuana as a form of gun control or to deny citizens their 2nd amendment rights, then i may have to re-evaluate my thinking and opinions.

thanks to Mseric for pointing these issues out.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is it possible to receive medical marijuana and still own guns? DerickVonD Legal and Activism 1 10-25-2012 01:49 PM
ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users mrm14 Legal and Activism 487 12-24-2011 03:37 AM
Medical Marijuana OK in Some VA Clinics......... IGETEVEN Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 10-19-2011 11:37 PM
Oklahoma Concealed to carry license? elnfarm Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 1 12-26-2008 12:37 PM



Newest Threads