Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #111
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11482

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Aside from legalities, the need for such grows to be "under the radar" is common sense and borne out by this thread: someone might not like your garden to the point they commit felony arson to remove it; some people might raid your garden to burn small pieces of it in their bongs; neighbors might become alienated from you on the basis of their feelings about cannabis.

Dude.

I still can't get on board with the arsonist. I can accept the "dude pissed off somebody badder than him", but that doesn't make the arson right. His problems with neighbors should have been documented and handled legally.
I agree with you though I can understand the frustration of a neighbor or a bunch of neighbors that would push them to that extreme. There was recently a situation like this on a neighboring property at my former house. Here is an article my neighbor wrote on the situation.

Quote:
On Monday, April 15th, representatives of PG&E were accompanied by deputies with the Santa Clara Sheriffs department for an inspection at XXXXX Thompson Road. The inspection revealed illegal splices, or taps, directly into PG&E power lines inside and around the main two story house on the property. This was enough for Sheriffs to obtain a search warrant for the 5,000 square foot building on the property that had been the subject of a previous investigation for illegal drug operations in June 2012. When the warrant was executed, deputies found 200+ plants inside two of nine large rooms that were set up for an automated large-scale growing operation. If all nine rooms had been operational, almost 1,000 plants could have been matured and sold every 40 days. This represents millions of dollars in illegal business - the kind of business that invites violence into our neighborhood.

THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION that has been occurring in OUR COMMUNITY. The possibility for fire, violence and innocent victims is UNACCEPTABLE. There are several suspects including the owner of the property and current tenants. All have ties to known drug dealers/gang members in San Francisco.

One of the suspects that occupied the property is currently wanted by San Francisco Police on cocaine and gang-related charges. According to the Sheriff's department, he has a long criminal record, including assault, mugging, and burglary.

All of this occurred within 20 feet of where neighborhood children play.

We can keep this kind of dangerous behavior and people out of our community if we work together! Stay vigilant, report suspicious behavior, vehicles, and people. We live in a beautiful neighborhood, let's keep it that way!
Now keep in mind that this article was written by a guy who is a marijuana legalization advocate and he himself smokes it. I am also a pro-marijuana advocate but not a user. The two of us with a handful of other residents were railing for something to be done about this and the Sheriff's Office did very, very little to address it. No arrests were made in this raid even though the former property owner was present. The property had been foreclosed upon I think a year before this. Since this raid they have vacated the property.

So yes, I am not in favor of this sort of think happening in neighborhoods. I do understand from personal experience and I can see how one could break and do something illegal. but to burn a house down?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
The inspection revealed illegal splices, or taps, directly into PG&E power lines inside and around the main two story house on the property.
I remember you posting about that.

I'm wondering about this part & not supporting your former neighbors, but how does PG&E own power lines INSIDE a house? Here, the power company owns the lines to the meter and the meter itself, but after that the rest is part of the home.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #113

Liked 327 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 30

They own the power and the lines clear to the head of the power meter, weather the meter is on its own or in the main panel.

What the pot growers do is to bypass the meter with an illegal tap within the metered main panel or metered breaker box. Technically still on the line side of the meter that fed by the drop. Also, very dangerous procedure because the tap is placed in very tight quarters of the main panel of the house, tap wiring usually not protected with a breaker, and this does increase the fire risk exponentially.

Had a lady friend buy a house back in the 1990's out in the country. Property had a barn to boot. Power fed to barn was through single phase house metered service. People who had it before and lost it to the bank had tapped through the back of the main panel in the living room and ran double ought copper wires back 300 feet from house to barn for their halide grow lights, hydroponic pumps, regular lights, duplex receptacle outlets, etc...

House caught on fire and burned mostly down from start location of illegal unmetered tap before meter within the main panel. The previous owners went to jail and the courts auctioned the property off as is for near nothing. Lady friend scored 5 acres with a nice big barn and was able to build a nice new house in place of the remains of the old burnt out house as she got the property for near nothing.

Last edited by mrm14; 03-03-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I remember you posting about that.

I'm wondering about this part & not supporting your former neighbors, but how does PG&E own power lines INSIDE a house? Here, the power company owns the lines to the meter and the meter itself, but after that the rest is part of the home.
PG&E had cut the power off at the meter quite a long time ago, they bypassed the meter. PG&E came back (after getting tipped off ) and stripped the wire back to the transformer on the main pole feeding the house. Then the property owner re-tapped directly into the transformer- there is a picture of him on an extension ladder set on top of a shed roof doing this. We were hoping he would get fried. Sadly it did not work out that way.. Then PG&E pulled that tap again and disconnected the leg leading to that house at the neighboring property line and he re-connected it again. SOB is persistent. That last is where the story was written about. After that bust they were running generators all day long for several months. They actually moved out in September I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
They own the power and the lines clear to the head of the power meter, weather the meter is on its own or in the main panel.

What the pot growers do is to bypass the meter with an illegal tap within the metered main panel or metered breaker box. Technically still on the line side of the meter that fed by the drop. Also, very dangerous procedure because the tap is placed in very tight quarters of the main panel of the house, tap wiring usually not protected with a breaker, and this does increase the fire risk exponentially.

Had a lady friend buy a house back in the 1990's out in the country. Property had a barn to boot. Power fed to barn was through single phase house metered service. People who had it before and lost it to the bank had tapped through the back of the main panel in the living room and ran double ought copper wires back 300 feet from house to barn for their halide grow lights, hydroponic pumps, regular lights, duplex receptacle outlets, etc...

House caught on fire and burned mostly down from start location of illegal unmetered tap before meter within the main panel. The previous owners went to jail and the courts auctioned the property off as is for near nothing. Lady friend scored 5 acres with a nice big barn and was able to build a nice new house in place of the remains of the old burnt out house as she got the property for near nothing.
Apparently the property in question just sold again and the new owner may be connected to the old ones. It sold for $677K, is listed as worth 1,788,000.

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 03-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #115

Liked 1102 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Are you kidding me? That guy climbed up there to mess with a TRANSFORMER? Talk about Big Brass Ones…..

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Are you kidding me? That guy climbed up there to mess with a TRANSFORMER? Talk about Big Brass Ones…..
Wrong. He is just monumentally stupid.

Quote:
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 AM   #117

Liked 1102 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 730

LOL. Just because you're stupid doesn't mean you can't have BBO. But yeah, stupid, too. Maybe the stink of the weed growing makes you stupid, just like the smoke? (How bad does it really smell when it grows?)

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #118

Quote:
LOL. Just because you're stupid doesn't mean you can't have BBO. But yeah, stupid, too. Maybe the stink of the weed growing makes you stupid, just like the smoke? (How bad does it really smell when it grows?)
The way they had it set up you couldn't smell it outside of the building. Filters and such.

Without filters it can be very strong. Several times out hunting in the woods I have come across grows and sometimes you can't see anything suspicious before you can smell it. I think it depends on the strain being grown.

Quote:

Old 03-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #119

Liked 327 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Vikingdad is correct. If it is real high quality ****, the smell of it growing outside is real pungent and near nauseating. During the day it is a little less pungent as the higher temperature of mid day makes the stench rise, but in the evening and at night the stench gets real thick. Almost suffocating. Can't even close the house up with AC on and get away from the stench.