Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 02:30 AM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 951 Times on 498 Posts
Likes Given: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Growing operations like that are commercial through and through. I know for a fact that there is a lot that can be done to seal up crops and keep the smell from getting out. i know many people who grow and almost all of them grow indoors and use filtration systems and all sorts of sophisticated means to keep their grows under the radar. It is foolish not to these days and not very expensive either, considering the potential profit from one crop of 80 plants and the potential total loss of it if he is discovered. Personally I would see how I could file lien against the guy for being a public nuisance.

There are larger operations I have been told about that grow hundreds or even thousands of plants indoors and without detection. Some of them are done in brand new houses that are used entirely for growing purposes and nobody lives there. These are not the "personal use" grows I am talking about.

For that matter, if one of my loved ones had a medical need for marijuana, I would consider growing it for them, even though I do not and would not use it myself. This is also common. You get your "card" so its legal and grow it for someone else.
Two things.
1) If CA has Legalized marijuana as you have posted many many times on this thread, Why the need to grow "under the radar"?

2) Again you erroneously claim growing Marijuana is Legal in CA. It is not, go back and read the links posted regarding those poor souls in CA and other States that are doing time in Federal prison for Growing pot, Legal pot.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Its always been there on the federal form to purchase a firearm...Fed law trumps state law regarding medical or legal Marijuana...

Become steel or get cut.
mseric Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 03:44 AM   #103
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8690 Times on 5024 Posts
Likes Given: 11294

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Two things.
1) If CA has Legalized marijuana as you have posted many many times on this thread, Why the need to grow "under the radar"?
Without any of the neighbors figuring it out.

As far as law enforcement, there are legal grows where people have gotten the proper permits and everything and there are illegal grows where people will have these massive plantations generally on public land. The cops go after those with a vengeance (and I have helped in these efforts for many years).

There was a period just after California legalized pot where the Feds were coming in and doing raids. After awhile something changed and they are no longer doing them, but I don't know the details as to what happened and why.

Quote:
2) Again you erroneously claim growing Marijuana is Legal in CA. It is not, go back and read the links posted regarding those poor souls in CA and other States that are doing time in Federal prison for Growing pot, Legal pot.
Pot is in fact legal for medicinal purposes in the state of California. It is also illegal in the United States. It is a paradox.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #104

Liked 322 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Mmm, sorry, I'd have a hard time getting on the bandwagon against the guy who burned him out.
Well this area is a semi rural community and they have been used to taking of business themselves for more years than I have been alive. Unincorporated part of the county and all.

I have no judgment for whoever did this, but, I have to say I have no problem this jerk is gone. I think in this guys case it was karma and he simply crossed someone more evil than himself. I also do think it was his own kind he may have crossed in some drug deal that may have went south. I really can't figure anyone here that would have the mental capability to do this, so that's why I also think it may have been someone he crossed in his rotten dealings not immediately from here. Who knows?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
There was a period just after California legalized pot where the Feds were coming in and doing raids. After awhile something changed and they are no longer doing them, but I don't know the details as to what happened and why.
What do you mean by "no longer"? Since when?
I can post Federal raids on "legal" medical marijuana farms in CA from as recent as 2012.

I think if you talk to these people that are facing Federal Prison sentences for growing "legal" marijuana in CA, they might shed some light on your misconceptions of what is Legal and what is Not Legal.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #106

Liked 1077 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
I think if you talk to these people that are facing Federal Prison sentences for growing "legal" marijuana in CA, they might shed some light on your misconceptions of what is Legal and what is Not Legal.
The light they would shed would probably be, "It's legal to grow, and I was wrongly arrested."

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 03-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
The light they would shed would probably be, "It's legal to grow, and I was wrongly arrested."
Probably right. You forgot to end your quote with "Dude".
Old 03-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #108

Liked 1077 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Oh yeah. LOL.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #109
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8690 Times on 5024 Posts
Likes Given: 11294

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
What do you mean by "no longer"? Since when?
I can post Federal raids on "legal" medical marijuana farms in CA from as recent as 2012.

OK, the feds are no longer conducting raids on small growing operations that are legal under California law. The raids they have done tend to be tax raids such as this one http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/harborside-health-center-tax-bill_n_995139.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Aside from legalities, the need for such grows to be "under the radar" is common sense and borne out by this thread: someone might not like your garden to the point they commit felony arson to remove it; some people might raid your garden to burn small pieces of it in their bongs; neighbors might become alienated from you on the basis of their feelings about cannabis.

Dude.

I still can't get on board with the arsonist. I can accept the "dude pissed off somebody badder than him", but that doesn't make the arson right. His problems with neighbors should have been documented and handled legally.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Vikingdad Likes This