Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Richland Medical Marijuana Patient Denied Concealed Pistol License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I called the sheriff late last fall and they said that the odor is a public nuisance and that code enforcement could take care of it even though he may have had licenses to grow the stuff. If he does it next season you can bet your bottom dollar that I will call code enforcement on the guy.

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #92

Liked 1076 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 707

Did anyone ever get caught for the arson? Seeing as how the new guy isn't a jerk, I think after someone talked to him about it, his crop disappearing or dying would be perfectly fitting, if he didn't stop. 2 years in a row of that, I bet he'd stop. Who the hell moves into a neighborhood like that and starts a weed farm, anyway? How close is he to the others?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #93

Neighborhood is RD5 which is residential density of five lots per acre max. When you subtract for streets curbs and gutters it actually ends up to just under, but very close, to four lots per acre. Backyards are large but the neighborhood is old school dense. One of the better neighborhoods in the immediate area except for the newcomer pot growers over the last several years.

No, nobody got caught for the arson, but, I don't think the local fire department and sheriff didn't put much effort into finding out. I'll have to say a couple of fireman and their families live in the neighborhood and were relieved to see the guy and his rotten operation gone.

Last edited by mrm14; 03-01-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #94

Regardless of the situations I've had to deal with here, I don't think it's a good idea to just let people grow even a "couple" of pot plants, as most if given an inch will take a mile if they can get away with it. The growth/farming of this stuff should be kept many miles away from residential areas for just the problems it brings that I've stated in my above posts.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Well the other guy that was a jerk, that is gone now, ended up with someone from the neighborhood, I think, lobbing some kind of incendiary device over his fence and into his crop a couple of weeks before his harvest. This was in 2008. Unfortunately, by the time the fire department showed up, the crop and about 3/4 of his house was totally burned up. At least the neighborhood got a good looking new house built on the lot and a nice young working couple with a couple of kids bought it. New house helped with property values in the neighborhood too.
Arson is not cool, IMO. Why not help the guy build an inexpensive "high tunnel" to contain the smell or complain to code enforcement that he is farming in a residential zone. Code enforcement and such is not my favorite thing, but there is a time to put it to use, well before the time for Molotov cocktails and such lawless cowardice.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #96

Seriously? 1/4 acre? And he's farming weed? I was imagining you were going to tell me the lost were 5 acres or so. Around here, we call those kinds of lots "postage stamp lots".

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Seriously? 1/4 acre? And he's farming weed? I was imagining you were going to tell me the lost were 5 acres or so. Around here, we call those kinds of lots "postage stamp lots".
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

You know when we used to farm several hundred acres of wheat and oat hay we didn't have any residential near our land for about 5 miles. Back in the 1990's mass acres were sold off and developed into dense housing tracts. Our parcel sat right on the edge of the properties of the housing tracts and they shut us down from farming because of the herbicides, pesticides, dust, odors and noise associated with farming activities and the proximity of the new subdivisions. Same should hold true for pot growers and the nuisance they can cause in a subdivision.
People Like This 
Old 03-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Arson is not cool, IMO. Why not help the guy build an inexpensive "high tunnel" to contain the smell or complain to code enforcement that he is farming in a residential zone. Code enforcement and such is not my favorite thing, but there is a time to put it to use, well before the time for Molotov cocktails and such lawless cowardice.
The guy was a jerk and when he for no reason threatened me with physical violence on my own property, it was all I could do to keep from knocking him square on his ass. I know that he did this to many others and some did knock him on his ass and he called the sheriff on them. This went on for three years with him and he made a lot of enemy's in this neighborhood. Actually a lot of the elderly people and women with kids were scared of him. I figured it may have been one of the recently returning veterans, I really don't know, as the device that burned him out and part of my fence was a phosphorus device.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #99

Quote:
The guy was a jerk and when he for no reason threatened me with physical violence on my own property, it was all I could do to keep from knocking him square on his ass. I know that he did this to many others and some did knock him on his ass and he called the sheriff on them. This went on for three years with him and he made a lot of enemy's in this neighborhood. Actually a lot of the elderly people and women with kids were scared of him. I figured it may have been one of the recently returning veterans, I really don't know, as the device that burned him out and part of my fence was a phosphorus device.
Mmm, sorry, I'd have a hard time getting on the bandwagon against the guy who burned him out.

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 03-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #100
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8669 Times on 5011 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Growing operations like that are commercial through and through. I know for a fact that there is a lot that can be done to seal up crops and keep the smell from getting out. i know many people who grow and almost all of them grow indoors and use filtration systems and all sorts of sophisticated means to keep their grows under the radar. It is foolish not to these days and not very expensive either, considering the potential profit from one crop of 80 plants and the potential total loss of it if he is discovered. Personally I would see how I could file lien against the guy for being a public nuisance.

There are larger operations I have been told about that grow hundreds or even thousands of plants indoors and without detection. Some of them are done in brand new houses that are used entirely for growing purposes and nobody lives there. These are not the "personal use" grows I am talking about.

For that matter, if one of my loved ones had a medical need for marijuana, I would consider growing it for them, even though I do not and would not use it myself. This is also common. You get your "card" so its legal and grow it for someone else.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.