Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Dear Lord you whine---This is a case of FRAUD.
Alleged fraud...
No one here knows the facts of the case. I trust the alleged fraudsters more than the media. How many times has the media been caught in a lie just in 2013 on the topic of gun control? How many other lies has the media spread on topics we have no knowledge of?

You remind me of a bleeding heart liberal. I am surprised you didn't threaten to kill me.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-11-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2255 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3521

Folks from all walks of life lie, cheat, and steal in order to get that free money. Thankfully, sometimes they get caught. When they get caught, they scream like raped alley cats.

i have two friends who are private detectives. Both often work social security disability and worker's comp fraud cases. John told me about one "badly injured on the job" worker who came into workers comp court in a wheel chair. Yep, he got his workers comp. Couple of months later John caught the "badly injured on the job worker" at the top of a 40 foot ladder on a roofing job with a bundle of shingles on his shoulder. The perp went to prison for workers comp fraud.

The scumbags who ran the scam charged $28,000 for their services:

Quote:
An indictment unsealed on Monday by the Manhattan district attorney’s office charges 106 people, four of whom are accused of running the scheme. The group was headed by Raymond Lavallee, 83, a Long Island lawyer who started his career as an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and once served as a senior Nassau County prosecutor, court papers said.

Mr. Lavallee worked most closely with two men: Thomas Hale, 89, a pension consultant who investigators say filled out applications, and Joseph Minerva, 61, a former police officer who works for the Detectives’ Endowment Association.

The organizers received cash kickbacks of more than $28,000 from each applicant, money that was taken from the recipients’ first check from the Social Security Administration, prosecutors said.

Lawyers for all four men denied the accusations.

Yep, this NY City Fire Dep't. marathoner is/was drawing disability:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2548650/posts

NY prosecutor Cyrus Vance, Jr. has a long history of winning long prison sentences for those convicted of fraud.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-11-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #23

Liked 5004 Times on 2427 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If this is true why has the top 1% of Americans seen massive increases in their cash on hand while the rest of America needs "entitlements" despite working two jobs?

The government claims we had under 2% inflation in 2013. Yet, if you have been grocery shopping on a regular basis inflation was considerably higher than 2%. Just the increases in the cost of beef and chicken are enough to push overall inflation over 2%. In the summer of 2013 I was getting legs and thighs for $5.60 for a 10 lb bag, now the same bag of chicken is $7.80.

The top 1% are majority share holders, CEO's ect... And when they see a government printing the dollar into a devalued status, quarterly threats of government not meeting it's financial obligations, 6 plus years of a government operating illegally with NO budget... Well... They did not become par of the 1% by being stupid and intelligent people watching these events hold on to their cash.

Tack

Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
The top 1% are majority share holders, CEO's ect... And when they see a government printing the dollar into a devalued status, quarterly threats of government not meeting it's financial obligations, 6 plus years of a government operating illegally with NO budget... Well... They did not become par of the 1% by being stupid and intelligent people watching these events hold on to their cash.

Tack
You are speaking of the past few years. This trend of the ultra wealthy piling u cash has been going on fir the past 30 years. When I was coming up a blue collar worker could save up, buy a home keep a decent car. When I was a kid my next door neighbor was a custodian at the VA. He managed to buy a home. He raised seven kids. He gave each of his kids an acre of land. His kids that were good students went to college.

I had nothing when I left home at 15. I could carry everything I owned in a trash bag. I had a 360 cc honda. I went to New Orleans as an emancipated minor. I got a job galloping horses that I held until I joined the marine corp at 17. When I came home from serving our country I got a job as a roughneck on a oil rig. I would go offshore and stay offshore for six months a at a time. I kept working until I was a landowner and I had the resources to start a racing stable. How many young men could accomplish such a feat today? There are lots of young men with the same work ethic I had in my 20's. Many of them work just as hard as I did. Yet, very few have anything to show for their hard work.

At this time we didn't have a huge national debt. Vietnam left some debt but it was no where a trillion dollars.

You are sadly misinformed if you think a blue collar worker can buy a home and keep a decent car today. Unless a blue collar worker is a union worker they qualify for food stamps, especially if they have a family.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-12-2014 at 05:10 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2255 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3521

Quote:
This trend of the ultra wealthy piling u cash has been going on fir the past 30 years. When I was coming up a blue collar worker could save up, buy a home keep a decent car. When I was a kid my next door neighbor was a custodian at the VA. He managed to buy a home. He raised seven kids. He gave each of his kids an acre of land. His kids that were good students went to college.
Bingo!!!

The US middle class is quickly becoming an endangered species. Real wages are lower than the 1989 level. This country has lost 25 years of wage growth while the left and right wings of the Republi-Krat party have argued feel good crap.

This will continue to get worse as the US becomes even more polarized. Most US voters do not bother to become informed on the issues. It's much easier to simply parrot the party line.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #26

John

I never said blue collar families are better of today... I simply explained why uncertainty, be it in the stock market, or in future tax burden, due to inept government causes the 1% to refrain from hiring and hold onto their cash.

The "jobless" recovery is a government created bubble based on an overvalued stock market. Business knows that people are staying in the market in an attempt to keep pace with inflation, which we all know exceedes the 2% BS the government is shoveling...business also knows that as soon as the Feds stop buying debt, the market will self adjust back to 9 or 10...about a 40% loss.

This is why they are still not hiring. Those cash reserves are the only thing that will keep their stock value up when the investors move funds to more secure vehicles.

Tack

Quote:
You are speaking of the past few years. This trend of the ultra wealthy piling u cash has been going on fir the past 30 years. When I was coming up a blue collar worker could save up, buy a home keep a decent car. When I was a kid my next door neighbor was a custodian at the VA. He managed to buy a home. He raised seven kids. He gave each of his kids an acre of land. His kids that were good students went to college.

I had nothing when I left home at 15. I could carry everything I owned in a trash bag. I had a 360 cc honda. I went to New Orleans as an emancipated minor. I got a job galloping horses that I held until I joined the marine corp at 17. When I came home from serving our country I got a job as a roughneck on a oil rig. I would go offshore and stay offshore for six months a at a time. I kept working until I was a landowner and I had the resources to start a racing stable. How many young men could accomplish such a feat today? There are lots of young men with the same work ethic I had in my 20's. Many of them work just as hard as I did. Yet, very few have anything to show for their hard work.

At this time we didn't have a huge national debt. Vietnam left some debt but it was no where a trillion dollars.

You are sadly misinformed if you think a blue collar worker can buy a home and keep a decent car today. Unless a blue collar worker is a union worker they qualify for food stamps, especially if they have a family.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
John

I never said blue collar families are better of today... I simply explained why uncertainty, be it in the stock market, or in future tax burden, due to inept government causes the 1% to refrain from hiring and hold onto their cash.

The "jobless" recovery is a government created bubble based on an overvalued stock market. Business knows that people are staying in the market in an attempt to keep pace with inflation, which we all know exceedes the 2% BS the government is shoveling...business also knows that as soon as the Feds stop buying debt, the market will self adjust back to 9 or 10...about a 40% loss.

This is why they are still not hiring. Those cash reserves are the only thing that will keep their stock value up when the investors move funds to more secure vehicles.

Tack
The ultra wealthy are paying the lowest tax rate in the post WWII era. After WWII the ultra wealthy were taxed at a 90% rate. What happened to our country despite this huge tax burden? We had the largest economic expansion the world has ever seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States

This is one thing I have to agree with the liberals on, trickle down economics have been a disaster for the American people. The ultra wealthy have to be taxed at a much higher rate. The tax on dividends has to be much more than 15%. Like Warren Buffet said, it's not right for his secretary to pay taxes at a higher rate than he does.

High taxes on the ultra rich will revive our middle class and help pay down the deficit. Who did the past two wars that haven't been paid for yet benefit the most? The middle class didn't benefit. The middle class lost many of their best and brightest. Plus, taxes are outrageous for the middle class. Mitt Romney pays no income tax on 21 million in income. While the family that is struggling on $45k a year is paying close to half by the time you add FICA, sales tax, plus the myriad of fees and taxes that every family pays.

People Like This 
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #28

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

About time. This double dipping has been going on for decades

Old 01-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #29

Quote:
The ultra wealthy are paying the lowest tax rate in the post WWII era. After WWII the ultra wealthy were taxed at a 90% rate. What happened to our country despite this huge tax burden? We had the largest economic expansion the world has ever seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States

This is one thing I have to agree with the liberals on, trickle down economics have been a disaster for the American people. The ultra wealthy have to be taxed at a much higher rate. The tax on dividends has to be much more than 15%. Like Warren Buffet said, it's not right for his secretary to pay taxes at a higher rate than he does.

High taxes on the ultra rich will revive our middle class and help pay down the deficit. Who did the past two wars that haven't been paid for yet benefit the most? The middle class didn't benefit. The middle class lost many of their best and brightest. Plus, taxes are outrageous for the middle class. Mitt Romney pays no income tax on 21 million in income. While the family that is struggling on $45k a year is paying close to half by the time you add FICA, sales tax, plus the myriad of fees and taxes that every family pays.
Sure... That'll work!

Liberal ideas like this gave us Obama Care and my premiums to cover my Familly of 6 just jumped from $425 per month to $970 per month!

Want to know why the economy is still crap... Because people who earn good incomes like me are still driving 14 year old 175,000 mile vehicles.

I'd love to buy a new car and help the economy but the payment funds just went to fund some deadbeat *******'s subsidized health insurance so please... Go sell libtard BS somewhere else.

Tack