Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1519 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Sad thing is, there are former first responders to that horrible day who have genuinely suffered emotional trauma issues. The frauds only make it harder for people in real need to get help. Not to mention that they have betrayed their brothers in uniform.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8235 Times on 4241 Posts
Likes Given: 9481

This isnt a LEO or Firefighter thing, its a United States of Entitlement Thing. Way too many people think they deserve something for nothing just because their citizenship in our Nation. It certainly does make us even angrier when a Public Servant sticks it to the Citizen they were entrusted to serve.

We allow and nearly encourage misrepresentation and impersonation and rarely give it due punishment when it occurs because its perceived as a financial crime instead of the Judas act it is. Thousands gave their lives instantly, hundreds of thousands will have health issues until they die and weve sent our Sons and daughters to wars they have died in because of the Sept 11 Suicide Bombers attack. What they have done is more than take money they didnt deserve, they dishonored their Friends, Family Members, Neighbors, Coworkers, Employers and everyone dead and injured because of those attacks on our soil.

My punishment for them is 20 years, max security general population with roommates in prison named Bubba and Achmed! Bet they get noticed there!
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2014, 12:30 PM   #13

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Another issue is over 70% of disability applications are denied the first time the disabled person applies. In order to get your disability application approved you need to show a mental and physical disability. Otherwise, applicants are sent to vocational rehab to be trained for a new job. That sounds fine and dandy, train the injured first responders for a new job. But the people in vocational rehab are set up for failure. They only get enough money to cover tuition and transportation. Transportation is figured at the under a dollar a gallon rate of twenty five cents a mile. We all know it takes more than gasoline to to keep a vehicle on the road.

People say they found that the first responders were found to be fishing in Costa Rica. I know people who are disabled who cut their own grass and do chores around the house. People say they can hold a job if they can maintain their property. But what these people overlook is it takes these disabled Americans all day to a job that should be completed in 3 hours. The next day they are in bed or just laying on the couch because they have re-injured old injuries. Moreover, these people can only do chores when they are up to it. To hold a job, even part time, one has to be able to show up on time, not when they feel like it.

Going back to the disability process these first responders were coached to intentionally fail competency tests. They were doing what they had to do in order to get a disability check in their mail box. Retraining someone who is over 50 or will be over 50 when they finish their training is waste of resources. Not to mention by the time they finish this retraining their family will be living in a box.

There should be an expose. Not about the first responders who might have lied to get a disability check. There should be an expose about the disability process and vocational rehab. The injured first responders were doing what they had to do to keep their families whole.

I do have a good deal of insight into this process. When I was injured I went through vocational rehab. I saw that VR was going to be a disaster. I didn't have to deal with vocational rehab because I own enough property and have the connections to start a farm. How many firefighters and police officers in NY have the resources and connections to start a business?

Old 01-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #14

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

America has over the past 100 years allowed redistribution of wealth to become an entitlement. There are people and lawyers who make a very good livings giving away taxpayers money. In order to make money these Societal Saviors must keep giving away money and looking the other away.
I agree punishing these recipients is a must. But the people who encourage and commit these frauds continue without notice. The Police and Fireman are the small fish, the sharks are still there.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #15

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

In 2005, I participated in a trade show. I brought along my own air compressor. I was the only participant to use one, out of 200 booths. I was not allowed to plug in the compressor to 110 because that was someone's union job.

The union electrician was not allowed to plug it in, because another union, controlled compressed air devices. Until both union stewards had a powwow, which took 24 hours to make happen, I could not use the compressor.

Laws in that area are so restrictive, and so defined, it leads people to want to break the laws.

Those laws turn good people, into bad people. Once you cross the line of plugging in your own power tools, and then pushing your own elevator buttons (yes, someone's union job in NYC ), you are already a law breaker, so nothing else matters.

Stupid laws turn good people against the system.

The guilty parties in this, have broken so many laws over the years, they have become numb to the law.

Last edited by AR10; 01-10-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
America has over the past 100 years allowed redistribution of wealth to become an entitlement. There are people and lawyers who make a very good livings giving away taxpayers money. In order to make money these Societal Saviors must keep giving away money and looking the other away.
I agree punishing these recipients is a must. But the people who encourage and commit these frauds continue without notice. The Police and Fireman are the small fish, the sharks are still there.
If this is true why has the top 1% of Americans seen massive increases in their cash on hand while the rest of America needs "entitlements" despite working two jobs?

The government claims we had under 2% inflation in 2013. Yet, if you have been grocery shopping on a regular basis inflation was considerably higher than 2%. Just the increases in the cost of beef and chicken are enough to push overall inflation over 2%. In the summer of 2013 I was getting legs and thighs for $5.60 for a 10 lb bag, now the same bag of chicken is $7.80.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Sad but True.................

These greedy Basterds need to get a good hanging in public......It happens every time there's free money, free food and free room and board. These azz hats are still living in Gov. paid hotel rooms with a credit card after hurricane sandy on the east coast.................Oh wait, The gov feeds this type of tape worm......................

Old 01-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

"New York's finest".
And that ain't sayin' much...

Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
These greedy Basterds need to get a good hanging in public......It happens every time there's free money, free food and free room and board. These azz hats are still living in Gov. paid hotel rooms with a credit card after hurricane sandy on the east coast.................Oh wait, The gov feeds this type of tape worm......................
After Katrina I bet you didn't say no to that $2,500 prepaid credit card. Oh, your home was in shambles. You needed the money, that is different.

Is your Katrina cottage at your camp or is it in your back yard?

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-10-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #20

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
After Katrina I bet you didn't say no to that $2,500 prepaid credit card. Oh, your home was in shambles. You needed the money, that is different.

Is your Katrina cottage at your camp or is it in your back yard?
Dear Lord you whine---This is a case of FRAUD.
alsaqr Likes This