Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/retired-ny-city-cops-firemen-arrested-102483/)

alsaqr 01-07-2014 04:34 PM

Retired NY City Cops And Firemen Arrested
 
in fraud scheme.

Yep, a big bunch of them falsely claimed they were injured in 911 operations and were awarded social security disability. After being awarded social security disability, some worked in violation of the law.

Quote:

Scores of retired New York City police, fire and corrections officers were arrested today in a crackdown on disability fraud stemming from the Sept. 11 terror attacks. The fraud cost taxpayers millions of dollars, prosecutors claim.

The Manhattan district attorney's office accuses the retired workers, along with their lawyers and doctors, of faking work-related stress, including feigned psychiatric disorders related to 9/11.

.................................................. .................................................. .

The alleged fraud cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars in improper Social Security benefits.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=97

Sniper03 01-07-2014 08:53 PM

alsaqr,

Stuff like this thoroughly Ps MO!
Being retired LE of almost 30 years! If each are guilty of this charge, they should throw the book at them! They deserve whatever they give them and more! It is a disgrace of the badge good officers wear with dignity, honesty and with the earned respect of the public! I have absolutely no respect or sympathy for these individuals whatsoever! There is a distinct difference between an act of the mind and an act of the heart. This is an act of the heart not a mistake of the mind! It is an intentional violation of the law, betrayal of trust and oath! And definitely fraud at it's highest degree! Each should serve 10-20 years at least for the violation if found guilty. As well as the doctors and those involved. :(

03

John_Deer 01-07-2014 09:45 PM

Here is a link to an article about the disability scam.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/nyregion/retired-new-york-officers-and-firefighters-charged-in-social-security-scheme.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0

robocop10mm 01-08-2014 05:27 PM

This is a surprise to anyone? Scams and corruption are normal in the big rotten apple. Public service workers have been pulling this same crap for generations with the assistance of their unions.

Yes, lock up the whole lot of them

primer1 01-09-2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1477861)
This is a surprise to anyone? Scams and corruption are normal in the big rotten apple. Public service workers have been pulling this same crap for generations with the assistance of their unions.

Yes, lock up the whole lot of them

It has been going on for generations, and we have been locking them up for generations. This is where I agree with the Muslims, pull this crap and lose a finger. It wouldn't eliminate the problem, but drastically reduce it.

bamashooter68 01-09-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer1 (Post 1478343)
It has been going on for generations, and we have been locking them up for generations. This is where I agree with the Muslims, pull this crap and lose a finger. It wouldn't eliminate the problem, but drastically reduce it.

Send them to prison and they will lose more than a finger. :eek:

chloeshooter 01-09-2014 08:03 PM

good cop, bad cop

these folks exploiting 911 clearly have no conscious. F'em!

primer1 01-09-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamashooter68 (Post 1478724)

Send them to prison and they will lose more than a finger. :eek:

I LOL'd at that. According to my brother in law, state jail is a cakewalk, about like summer camp without the tents. It's just time, nothing negative other than time. No wonder he keeps going back. He isn't experienced with federal prison, yet.

Tackleberry1 01-09-2014 09:40 PM

No surprise here...

We'd all like to believe that LEO's are somehow "more" moral than the population as a whole but they are drawn from us and therefore are no better... Or worse than the rest of us.

Tack

Doc3402 01-09-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 1477073)
in fraud scheme.

Yep, a big bunch of them falsely claimed they were injured in 911 operations and were awarded social security disability. After being awarded social security disability, some worked in violation of the law.



http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=97

If they are convicted, max them out. Make sure they never breathe free air again. Disgrace MY uniform ****er? May you rot in he!!.:mad:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.