Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Quote:
The suspect was facing me and approached rapidly in my direction to flee from the scene. Feeling that our lives could possibly be threatened because we were aware of the fact that the suspect had just physically assaulted the manager inside the restaurant and not knowing whether or not the fleeing individual had a weapon on his person, the security guard deployed his pocket knife and I loaded my Springfield Armory XD 9mm pistol to Condition One.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger - Oakland Gun Rights | Examiner.com Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger - Oakland Gun Rights | Examiner.com
This guy says that his life could be threatened because he is aware the suspect just assaulted the manager inside. Why did he wait until the suspect was outside to act? He would have been more justified in my mind had he acted when the manager was being attacked. I firmly believe you should act in defense of yourself or in the defense of others. But this man decided he would allow the manager to be physically attacked while he left with another man to chase down a guy who didn't pay his Denny's bill?

Something doesn't add up in this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Crime is still crime. Should the young lady in Texas who just yesterday jumped on top of a car to try and stop 3 men from getting away after they walked out of walmart steeling cases of beer be considered a vigilantly?

I think he should of only used only the force to equal the force being applied but he must of felt the need to use more force.
Crime is not crime. I'd be pretty pissed if someone drew their gun on me for breaking a copyright law. A public showing of a movie through use of a rented DVD. It's punishable by up to a $250,000 fine and 5 years in jail. But I would take issue with anyone drawing their gun to detain the person committing this crime or even detaining them at all.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by Yunus; 06-23-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #12

Thanks for sharing this article. The well written article made for an interesting read.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Maybe the guy was 100 pounds bigger than him.
Apparently the Ontario Police saw no reason to detain Hacopian.
And when seconds count (robbery and assault), the police were only 10 minutes away.
I love how arm chair quarterbacks yak the day after.
One has to wonder why the police report is being suppressed by the police. Maybe they are still investigating the incident?

Just sayin....

Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

He did not draw his firearm until the perp was alledgedly running directly at him. As you all know in this forum, it takes no time at all for someone to close considerable distance with you. According to the article he had the firearm on his person already and simply asked if the security gaurd needed/wanted assistance with nabbing the guy that ran. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, I've seen hordes of people chase a person out of a resturaunt who left without paying and none of them were employees or cops. The bill got payed.

In this situation Hacopian had a man who he had just witnessed shouting and assaulting someone else charging him. He apparently drew his firearm in fear of serious bodily harm or death and the police saw it that way as well. Had he not done anything what do you think would have happened to the criminal? Probably nothing, the police would have put a BOLO out and most likely nothing would have happened. 10 minutes is a long time for someone to run, and I would wager the only reason the police showed up that fast was because a gun was involved.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It may be a tough call on whether or not he needed the firearm, but it almost certainly convinced the guy bailing on his bill to stop and not put up a fight that could have injured various people including the bill bailer, the OCer, and the Security Guard.

"Deployed his pocketknife"? All the guard had was a pocketknife? Whatever happened to carrying a billyclub, at least? No pepper spray, no tazer?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Why does Denny's have a security guard?!? No one finds this a little suspicious? I'm thinking it was a 'manager' who identified himself as security to avoid scrutiny.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #17

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Crime is not crime. I'd be pretty pissed if someone drew their gun on me for breaking a copyright law. A public showing of a movie through use of a rented DVD. It's punishable by up to a $250,000 fine and 5 years in jail. But I would take issue with anyone drawing their gun to detain the person committing this crime or even detaining them at all.
Sense when is crime not crime? Is steeling a crime? Is assault a crime? Wheather he was justified in the use of a gun or not only he can tell you that. But if steeling is not a crime Yunus then next time you leave the house, leave your handgun home and when two thugs push you and your wife around , steel your wallet and her pirse just say let them go it' not a crime.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #18

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

I can certainly see drawing a weapon on a man beating up a manger. But, drawing on a guy for dining and dashing? Really?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.