Response from Senator
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Response from Senator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Default Response from Senator

I wrote to my Senators and said I would vote accordingly if they voted for any new restrictive gun laws. Here is the response I got today;

Quote:
Thank you for contacting my office with your thoughts on gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing from you about this important issue.

I am deeply saddened by the mass shooting in Connecticut that took the lives of 20 innocent young children and many of their brave educators. My thoughts and prayers remain with the victims of this truly shocking attack. Such unthinkable violence affects our entire nation and has no place in our society.

In response to this tragedy, we must employ a comprehensive approach to firearm safety that includes improving access to mental health services and better enforcement of our current laws. We also need to consider measures such as limiting magazine clip capacity and requiring better background checks. Please know that I will carefully consider any legislation that would impact Second Amendment rights.

I am a strong supporter of an individual's right to bear arms for hunting and self-defense, and I believe our tradition of gun ownership can be respected while also ensuring that our cities and towns, schools and public buildings remain safe. I have supported these rights throughout my career, and I will continue to be an advocate for responsible firearm use while a member of the U.S. Senate.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please feel free to contact my office with any future questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Shaheen
United States Senator
I am really tempted to reply and state that it is either a magazine, OR a clip, not both. And, further, ANY new restrictions, and I will not vote for her. Should I?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts

I would!

Just my 2cents

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Well would you vote for her if she supports any new restrictions? If not then yes I would reply.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #4

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 637

No, I wouldn't, that's what the bottom part of my post says........
OK, I will, then!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 745 Posts
Likes Given: 679

YES but be polite. however. point out as mant facts as you can and also state that any new laws would effect millions of law abiding voting citazens. and look at NY. do you see criminals lining up at the police station because a new law was passed?? or something along those lines

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #6

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
YES but be polite. however. point out as mant facts as you can and also state that any new laws would effect millions of law abiding voting citazens. and look at NY. do you see criminals lining up at the police station because a new law was passed?? or something along those lines
Exactly what JJ said. Be nice and state facts.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I would think that you could point out that we currently have over 20,000 gun laws on the books nationwide, and adding another will do exactly jack sheet. Criminal who VIOLATE the law by committing murder, rape, assault, robbery, etc are already violating the law, with or without guns. What makes one think that they'd somehow decide it's ok to kill, but better go through legal channels to buy the gun. I mean, really, WTF is with congress, are they that stupid?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #8

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

I would let them know that I vote. I would not point out their ignorance about terms...because they probably dont care anyway.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1615 Times on 1106 Posts
Likes Given: 567

I wrote our Democratic senator to tell her that right now I am voting for the best candidate regardless of the party they represent. If politicians want to strip the second amendment I would be forced to vote single issue. I just left it at that...

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #10

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Dude, its an auto generated response to appease both sides as fairly as possible.

Flooding her with emails from as many people as possible will help determine her vote in confress

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...